As an educational experiment during 2018, I worked on two separate comic projects:
- A Dystopian Porn comic called, "Liber Vulva" [58 Page PDF].
- An Astrological Porn comic called, "Pornoscopes" [59 Page PDF].
I learned quite a bit, and in order to stretch myself further in 2019, I've decided to move onto Standalone Graphic Novels.
My latest goal came from three different places:
- I deconstructed five of my favorite erotic comics artists, and studied their careers over a 7+ year span of time.
- I discovered the Creators For Creators Grant, and found that the submission guidelines for the 64-100 page graphic novel format were consistent with my research.
- I wanted to focus on re-telling Erotic Fairy Tales, while utilizing Monthly Art Hashtag Trends.
This Kickstarter campaign is designed to build the foundations of an Erotic Graphic Novel, by drawing 100 Storyboard Panels.
Here's how the Puzzle Works:
[Make/100] + [Valentines Day] + [#MarchofRobots] + [A Relevant Fairy Tale Framework] [Created within the format designated by Creators For Creators.]
2019 Q1 Project Goal: a Valentines Story about a Scientist who accidentally turns a Complex Dildo into a Self-Aware Robot Boyfriend, and has to deal with the consequences.
I've made a 3 Month Project Execution plan for myself, which you can view on Trello. By breaking a larger project down into manageable sections, and engaging audience members along the way, I feel like we will be able to make something great.
All Backers will be given access to my Discord Server, where I will be answering questions and providing an in-depth Project Journal which describes my progress along the way.
Risks and challenges
This campaign is for a 100 panel Storyboard, but it's the foundation for something more. By breaking a larger project down into smaller components, I think I'll be placing myself just beyond the edge of my skill level -- which is an ideal place to be for growth as an artist.
Another crucial aspect of this work is the integration of commission work into the project itself, and eliminating all other projects except this one.
Through using these strategies, as well as other production, time management, and marketing strategies that I've developed over the last year, I can say I'm looking forward to the project, and am happy to commit totally to its execution.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (9 days)