The Adventurers are Coming!
Mantica Adventurers and Iron Crow Dwarfs
If you have a brave heart and fancy a more noble reason to be exploring the swamp of Miremarsh, then these two expansions are for you!
A new way to play!
Each of these sets brings in a new set of 4 miniatures to use instead of the 12 Bog Goblins. When we thought of the essence of Miremarsh – basically your goblins die a bunch of times while opening the path towards your final quest – there was little room as it stands to try your luck with more heroical characters – who wants to see their hero dying!
With this guest adventurers packs, you get your chance at committing to a hero and lead him or her through the marsh. To do so, some exclusive components needed to be added too, alongside the miniature. The engine of the game is largely the same, but a player gets just one character to use and care for. If he or she ‘dies’, the player can spend a healing potion to continue the journey. Some penalties may apply for the wounded! Each character receives three potion tokens to use and the guest adventurers set offers special locations for the characters to rest/visit and new pets and gear to fully flavour them!
And of course, it makes no sense for these stout heroes to set out from the Goblin Warren or to attempt one of those vile, evil quests, so we’ve replaced all of those too. The new quests will undo some of the mischief wrought by those pesky Bog Goblins.
These four heroes are guest sculpts from the brilliant Dungeon Saga by Mantic Games. These are the existing plastic models to which we‘ve added: :
- Character cards for Madriga the Elf Ranger, Danor the Wizard, Rordin the Dwarf and Orlaf the Barbarian.
- Punchboard with 12 healing potions.
- 5 unique Quest tiles including Rescue the Lord, Defend the Camp and Save the Baby.
- 1 Inn tile to replace the Warren – where else would an adventure start?
- 6 Pets including the War Horse, Hunting Hound, Trained Falcon and Cat Familiar.
Iron Crow Dwarfs
These four Dwarfs are guest sculpts from the amazing Durgin’s Forge.
To the 4 resin models we’ve added:
- Character cards Thorgar the Disciple, Eldrann the Explorer, Korrum the Hunter and Boshik the Sentinel.
- Punchboard with 12 healing potions.
- 5 unique Quest tiles including Burn the Warren, Face the Ikari and Recover the Hammer.
- 1 Dwarf Tavern tile to replace the Warren
- 6 Pets including the Loyal Bulldog, Watchful Crow and the Mechanical Familiar. All these refer back to other models from the Iron Crows range!
Dwarf Assembly Required
Unlike the Mantica Adventurers and the models in the core game which are all PVC plastic, the Iron Crow Dwarfs are resin-cast models. Resin is cast by hand in a very traditional way that allows finer detail than that of the PVC production. This is ideal for those who like to paint their models.
These models require assembly. Each model consists of around 3 to 5 pieces plus a base, so you’ll need superglue and some hobby clippers or a craft knife.
How can I get it?
These two sets are Additional Extra purchases. This doesn’t change your pledge level, you just add the appropriate amount on to your total. Then after the campaign has finished we’ll ask you to specify which extras you wanted.
We’ve Been Listening
We also wanted to let you know we’ve been listening to your suggestions and here’s a little taster of what is in the pipeline when we get this bad boy funded!
We’re so very close to having these Goblins escape their swamp and enter the real world! Thank you to everyone who has pledged so far, we really appreciate it! Keep spreading the word, following us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to hit that social stretch goal, and do keep clicking that "Visit Project" Kicktraq link!
Thanks again for all of your support!!!
Room 17 Games