They say power makes monsters out of men, so what will an ancient artifact of near-absolute power make of a monster?
The race is on for Aisling. With her place within the Fianna in question, she must enlist the help of Ancient History professor Ronan O’Neill to make sure that the Spear of Lugh, one of the four Irish Treasures and reputed to grant victory to whichever side wields it in battle, doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. She just never thought that there would be so many “wrong hands” vying for it, or that the professor she had started to feel attracted to would have quite such a big secret to hide…
There are three ideas behind Fianna’s Awakening.
- One, I wanted to write a kickass heroine that didn’t necessarily fall in love with an even more kickass hero—I wanted them to be equals, and if anything, I thought she should be doing the butt kicking.
- Two, I wanted to write a romance.
- Three, I wanted to go back to Celtic myth and folklore.
And so Fianna’s Awakening was born, an action-packed adventure starring a couple with mad chemistry that really shouldn’t tangle, much less while lives—and the future of Ireland—are at stake.
There’s humor, romance, chasing, fighting, magic… You name it. I fell head over heels in love with the story, of course. I needed to put Ronan and Aisling to paper, and once I did? I had to share it with you because I fell in love with them all over again.
That’s where you come in. I need your help to make this happen.
Because I am an indie author and fronting the costs for editing and cover designs myself leads to slower production turn-around on my books.
Meaning? I publish books less frequently, and I can’t justify the production costs of an audiobook right off the bat. But if we produce this new book together, everything changes.
- You can get Fianna's Awakening 6 months early.
- You can get an audiobook that wouldn't happen otherwise.
- You can get a printable planner that will never be for sale anywhere else.
- You can get a special print edition for Backers only, including a message from the author.
Make sure to jump right in, because more funding = more bonuses for you. If you don't want to be overwhelmed with choices, pledge for the Warrior tier at 20€ (25$) to get the ebook and audiobook of Fianna's Awakening, plus the planner and the entire Faerie Sworn series as a bonus.
Want to make sure you don't miss a special collectible? Here's the breakdown of all reward tiers:
The budget I have? It's tight. Crazy, almost. But you don't have to worry about a single thing because my team is top notch:
- EFC Services, LLC, owned by Chrissy Wolfe, has worked with me on Faerie Sworn 2, 2.5 and 3, as well as on Exile of Angels 0.5, 1, 1.5 and 2. Basically, we started working together back in 2015 and haven't stopped since!
- FionaJaydeMedia is a new member of my team, and I'm so excited to have her on board! Her covers are absolutely stunning, as evidenced by the number of awards under her belt (winner of Best Fantasy and Best Romance RONE Award, among others). She's done an outstanding job for this project!
- Findaway Voices is the leading indie audiobook producer along with Amazon ACX. They've been around the block a few times, so they bring all the experience I lack in audio to the table. Supportive, professional, easy to work with--they're helping me with every step of the process, from casting to proofing to wrapping things up. We're all committed 100%!
Glad you asked! Grab your reward from the right sidebar and take a look at this detailed timeline to see exactly when you will get it:
We all know and love them. The stretch goals. Those super-extra-cool goodies liberated once we've made it to our target. Yup, we have those as well! So make sure to tell your friends to grab their own reward once you've claimed yours, because the faster we cross the 100% funded line, the faster you can have access to these!
Go ahead. Grab your reward, be a warrior!
There are a couple of backer-only updates you won’t want to miss… including an excerpt from Fianna’s Awakening!
Risks and challenges
There are two risks: delays or one of the team members falling through.
Regarding delays, you don’t have to worry. When you look at the timeline above, I've factored in pesky details like delayed deadlines, personal issues creeping up and technical difficulties trying to make our lives more interesting. You WILL get your stuff in time, I promise!
And my team is solid. I’ve worked with Chrissy for a long time, Fiona has already designed the cover, and my audiobook producing team is professional.
Any delays or setbacks will be dealt with, and you’ll be duly informed of the issue and the solution if anything arises.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)