About this project
Welcome to The Right of Kings
This is the beginning of a gaming legacy that starts with ROK, a board game that combines intense strategy, memory and diplomacy crowned by a set of collectible playing cards that give character to the playing experience.
ROK, is a 2 to 4 player game inspired in the millennial struggle between realms to overpower one another in an endless campaign to find the rightful ruler. The purpose of the game is to reach the Oreka, the medallion of balance. Every round is a crusade where players thrive to assemble their court, build an army and unveil the right King before any other player.
- The game is played in rounds that we call campaigns
- Each player represents a kingdom and gets a king card facing down and two additional cards to each side to start the game.
- Players will always have two cards on hand
- With every turn they have to acquire their own suit face cards to assemble the royal court and sequential number cards to build up their army.
- A full court a strong army and an Ace in hand would allow you to unveil the king card
- When the king is not the right suit, the quest for the right one continues.
- If the unveiled king matches kingdom the player wins the crusade.
- The winner kingdom will then roll the dice and advance their pawn, moving from the suited corner of the map to the middle where the Oreka is placed.
- The player that gets to the Oreka first wins
Click here for the complete Rules of Engagement
The Siege – an expansion pack for the Right of Kings game that includes:
• 1 special edition box, numbered and signed
• 1 “siege” card • 8 wooden town pieces • Extra combat dice
The Siege expansion pack extends the map-board functionality and provides a more strategic approach to reaching the Oreka. If you already have the ROK game original version you may upgrade to the Siege expansion by just adding $2.00 to your pledge
On this opportunity we are introducing the first two playing card sets from The Right of Kings, Medieval and Renaissance.
*If you are pledging for the ROK game you can choose either set
The ROK Medieval set was designed using a color tone according to middle age pigments and maintains a more classic look and feel. Suits are represented in their traditional black and red combination that results in a more antique finish.
Every Kingdom was carefully designed and detailed according to their traditional attributes without losing the classic elements of the playing card tradition.
The layout in the number cards reflects the concept of the military formations in both on defense and attack mode resulting in a very original display of forms unlike the conventional suit presentation.
The ROK Renaissance set was conceived to enhance the ROK experience. Every suit comes in a different lively color that can easily differentiate the kingdoms. This brings a fresh look without affecting any of the classical elements of the playing set.
The Oreka The medallion of balance
The Oreka medallion is an integral part of the kingdom’s elements. Coming from tradition of coin and display designers, the Right of Kings coin was thoughtfully conceived to display the main characteristics of the playing card sets. The coin presents the Right of Kings official logo as the tails and the sunset compass as the heads.
The compass represents one of the additional elements on the ROK game. It has satin nickel finish with a translucent enamel fill and measures 1¾ inch in diameter.
ROK Deluxe set. One of our special stretch goals is now being revealed. The Deluxe set is a collector’s item that we are offering for a limited time at a very special price.
The Deluxe se t includes:
- Sapele wood engraved Box
- Complete ROK game
- The Siege expansion pack
- The Oreka coin
- Your name engraved – For limited time only
- Printed art of your favorite card 5x7 signed by the artist
If you already have the ROK and you’d like to pledge for the Deluxe you just need to add on $67
If you have already pledge for ROK+ (including the Oreka) then you just need to add on $59
The wooden coffer Woodworking has been our passion for many generations. Our experience producing high quality displays has allowed us to design a special edition wooden box, made out of extra high quality woods and finished with the highest precision machine work.
The top of the box is skillfully engraved with the ROK logo and comes with a magnetic closure ensuring your deck is secure.
Special edition display: Our special edition display present the Right of Kings deck together with the Oreka medallion.
The Sapele wood has a beautiful golden brown color with a unique luminescent grain pattern. The African Padauk wood naturally has a striking red color with varying grain patterns.
The display is engraved with Viking runes that read, "The Right of Kings" and comes with a contrasting metal stand.
We are offering the box and the display in two different exotic woods,
Sapele and African Padauk.
If you would like to add additional decks or any of our rewards to your pledge, please follow the directions below. Any add-ons that include a deck, you can choose from the Medieval or Renaissance decks.
- EXTRA DECKS: $14
- THE OREKA MEDALLION: $14
- THE ROK COMPLETE SET: $28 (plus $3 shipping)
- THE ROK COMPLETE SET w/ OREKA MEDALLION: $35 (plus $3 shipping)
- ALUMINUM ART PRINT: $40 (plus $5 shipping)
- WOODEN COFFER w/ DECK: $50 (plus $5 shipping)
- DISPLAY w/ DECK and OREKA MEDALLION: $72 (plus $5 shipping)
- UNCUT SHEETS: $40
ADD-ON INSTRUCTIONS: To add and add-on to your pledge, follow these steps.
- Press the "Manage Your Pledge" Button above. If you have not pledged yet, it will say "Back this Project."
- Increase your pledge in the "Pledge Amount" box by the total of the add-ons you want to add.
- After the end of the Kickstarter campaign, you will receive a survey that will ask you questions so that you can explain how you would like the add-on money assigned.
Here is the timeline for our project. Enjoy!
Our journey began a little more than a year ago as we dug deep into the origins and history of poker and collectible playing cards. Our research embarked us on a creative journey that touched multiple myths and deeds of fearless Northern tribes, Celtic armies, Middle Eastern legends and the millennial Oriental wisdom. All of these Kingdoms always fought fearlessly to gain absolute power.
Learning about each kingdom’s beliefs and superstitions inspired the design for each of the suits in the playing card sets. The western front represented by metal and Celtic legends, the south by fire and the Indies, the northern Vikings of water and ice and the eastern frontier represented by the oriental empire.
We invite you to join us in this journey and pledge to become part of this legacy.
Please note: All images and finishing options are only conceptual. While we do not foresee any of the designs or finishing options changing please be aware that the final product may very slightly from the what is seen and stated above. If any changes are made you will be the first to know.Thanks for your support!
Risks and challenges
We have been working around the clock to ensure that every detail lives up to the quality and timeliness that you are expecting, to the point where the only thing that's left unknown is how much you would love and support it.
- All design elements have been completed and tested for production.
- The game has been tested and played in multiple focus groups
- Woodwork and prototypes have been developed
- The Oreka medallion is currently in stock
- The procurement of all game elements for the prototype has proven successful
It's your support that would allow us to continue building games and that leave a legacy.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (40 days)