After months of hard work and two weeks of being super sick, I give you our first 3D printable kickstarter! Woo!
So what is it all about you may be wondering? I have been tabletop wargaming since I was 9 years old. It's now 19 years later and still going strong. I am a huge fan of several of the games available these days and I wanted some terrain pieces that could easily fit in with a wide variety of games. So of course, I designed my own!
My goal was originally to design a modular supply depot, something that could be plopped down where needed during a military campaign. But my project evolved a little bit. Thinking supply depot was too small. So why not a general modular base with extra goodies to make it what you wanted? That is why we have modular stuff in the first place right?
I wanted to expand on what I was offering a bit. Why not a vehicle? WHY NOT A TANK!?!?! The Rogue Pattern Main Battle Tank has been floating around in my designs and test prints for a while and there has been interest in obtaining the stl files for it, so why not an add-on? Or better yet! Another add-on that could easily go hand in hand with the whole kickstarter. A defense line! Or cooler sounding, Modular Quick Deploy Trench System. Pretty awesome right?
I've gone through several tests getting the Rogue Pattern tank to where it is today and I have plenty of the prints to prove it. Finding the right connections for the walls was a bit of a challenge at first, but I think I have nailed it. The struts and walkways are now generally snap together and really don't require any glue unless wanted. Unfortunately, they do not come back apart without gluing back together again.
Test printing still continues as this kickstarter runs for finishing touches and some extra add in pieces that are still unfinished. All stretch goals will be thoroughly tested before being sent out to backers.
What's in the set?
- 4 Unique modular wall sections with two variants each, riveted and non riveted (metal upgrades vs concrete)
- 1 Corner tower with two variants, riveted and non riveted
- 1 Midsection wall tower with two variants, riveted and non riveted (FINISHED)
- 1 Gatehouse with two variants, riveted and non riveted (FINISHED)
- 1 Stair set
- 1 Quonset hut with three variants, standalone solid/hollow and with concrete base(one piece)
- Command bunker
- 30 unique shipping containers of various shapes and styles (COMPLETE)
- 1 Industrial liquid tank
- 2 Barrels, open and closed variants
- 4 Dragon's teeth tank traps, standard concrete - reinforced - damaged concrete - round concrete with metal spike
All files have been/will be test printed before being sent to backers.
Files are designed to be for the most part printed without supports. Some parts of the containers may require supports, but that is more personal preference than anything. Each model is parted out for optimal printing and is at the correct orientation already. All models are test printed and can fit on an Ender 3 print bed. Smaller printers may require further cutting.
Add-On - $36
No doubt everyone's favorite part, the tank! This tank's design is based off the British WW1 Mark IV tank with some more modern/scifi touches. I had a lot of fun designing this tank and a lot of blood sweat and tears. Ok, maybe not the blood part, but definitely the rest. It has gone through quite a bit of testing to get it to where it is today and I am pretty content with it. The MK2 body and turret are currently my favorite, but all variants and extra bits will be included in the add-on.
So what exactly is in the set?
- 3 Hull variants, MK1-3
- 2 Turret variants, MK1-2
- 2 Sponson side variants, armored and unarmored
- 2 Sponsonless side variants, armored and unarmored
- 2 Sponson insert options, rotatable and static options
- 7 Main gun options
- At least 2 gunport options, (currently WIP)
- 4 tank tread strips
All files are optimized for fdm printing. Gun options require supports.
Add-on - $34
Quick Deploy Modular Trench System
What's better than digging in a trench? Plopping one down where ever you want! Sometimes you just don't have the time to dig in, so we got you. This modular trench system is still a WIP but there will be plenty of pieces to play around and have fun with.
So what is and what will be in it?
- At least 7 trench pieces, straights - corners - connectors and so on
- 2 bunker types
- 1 Optional trench connector
- 1 or more modular gun emplacements (can attach to trench walls)
All files will be fully tested and optimized for fdm printing.
The list above of items that will be in this bundle is subject to grow. This is the only item in the kickstarter that won't have any stretch goals, but will instead be affected by backer opinion. What something in the trench set? Suggest it and I will probably get around to doing it. Because why not?
So a few stretch goals here. All sorts of fun stuff!
- Goal Reached! $800 - Small infantry carryable crates and containers
- Goal Reached! $1000 - Freight Truck
- LOCKED $1500 - More gatehouse variants, at least two
- LOCKED $2000 - Coms building and tower
- LOCKED $2500 - Helipad
- LOCKED $3000 - Vehicle repair depot
- LOCKED $3500 - Taller wall variants (all wall sections)
Rogue Pattern Tank
- Goal Reached! $800 - Inset sponson sides
- Goal Reached! $1000 - MK4 body variant (larger back end with static main gun port)
- LOCKED $1500 - More gun port gun options, at least three more
- LOCKED $2000 - Plow
- LOCKED $2500 - Another turret option
- LOCKED $3000 - Another turret option
- LOCKED $3500 - Looted version
- Goal Reached! $800 - Bunker Weapons
- Goal Reached! $1000 - More gun options for wall weapons
- LOCKED $1500 - Wider Trench sections for heavy fire positions
Additions may be made to the stretch goals list. All stretch goals will be delivered as they are finished and tested. Backer feedback will be taken into consideration.
Risks and challenges
This project is very low risk, but there are still some challenges. I am currently still working on designing some parts of the kickstarter and putting final touches and possibly extra bits. Most files are tested, but all will be fully tested by me before final delivery. All stretch goals are TBD (to be designed) once they are reached and will be released as they are finished.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)