Rockwell Model T Razor and Razor Blades - Shaving, Perfected
The Rockwell Model T is shaving, perfected. All other razors pretend everyone’s face and facial hair is the same, resulting in millions of men suffering from daily shaving irritation and overpaying for razor marketing gimmicks or subscriptions they don’t need. The Rockwell Model T is an intuitive, easy to use razor, with an adjustable dial that allows everyone to easily get a close and comfortable shave. Every Rockwell Model T comes with a pack of 100 Rockwell Stainless Steel Blades - that’s two years of blades included with your pledge! Additional 100-packs of blades cost just $10 - that’s only 10 cents a blade. The world needs an alternative to cartridge razors and unnecessary shave clubs - join the revolution!
- Fully adjustable to your skin type and facial hair length - just twist the dial for your perfect shave.
- Eliminates the skin irritation and razor bumps caused by multi-blade cartridge systems.
- Easy blade-loading and intuitive shave settings make it easy to transition from cartridge razors with no nicks or cuts.
- Includes a pack of 100 Rockwell Razor Blades - that's two years of blades.
- No marketing gimmicks or subscriptions - just fantastic shaves.
- Not adjustable - cartridges are designed for some mythical "average guy" as if all men have the same skin type and facial hair.
- Cartridges can tug and pull on facial hair, causing many people to suffer from skin irritation, razor bumps, and razor burn.
- Typical cartridges cost $3 to $5 each, which adds up fast - that's why they keep the cartridge razors behind the counter or in a locked glass vault.
- Relies on marketing gimmicks and celebrity endorsements to fool you into overpaying.
- It's still a cartridge razor except it comes in the mail. So it's not adjustable and can still cause skin irritation and razor bumps.
- $1 to $3 per cartridge is still 10 to 30 times too much for a good razor blade!
- A funny commercial or fancy handle doesn't actually improve the quality of your shave.
- Most of that money is to pay the postal service to deliver your blades.
- You're still locked into a specific cartridge system with no options to change blade suppliers.
- No one currently manufactures an easy to use, one piece, twist to open, adjustable razor.
- Typically, these razors follow a multi-piece design or are not adjustable, so it can be more intimidating for those interested in switching to a classic razor from cartridge shaving.
The Rockwell Model T allows you to adjust fluidly between shave settings 1 through 6, so you can customize the shave to your skin type and facial hair length by slightly adjusting the angle at which the blade cuts your hair.
- Lower Rockwell Size settings (between 1-3) are for men with sensitive skin and are the perfect place to start a seamless transition from cartridge razor shaving with no nicks, cuts or discomfort.
- Higher Rockwell Size settings (between 4-6) are for men with thick, coarse hair and men lining up a serious beard.
Problem: All multi-blade cartridges have a fundamental design flaw and your skin suffers for it. The problem is multiple blades, which can pull the hairs and cut them below skin level. When hairs are cut beneath the skin, they often curl and bend as they grow back, leading to skin irritation, and painful razor bumps. There's even a Wikipedia article explaining this!
Solution: Using a single blade razor like the Model T means no pulling and tugging is possible. Even better, the Model T is adjustable, which ensures that hair is never cut shorter than the surrounding skin. With an adjustable single blade razor you eliminate the causes of ingrown hairs, razor bumps and shaving irritation.
Rockwell is a 100% Gimmick-Free Razor
The Rockwell Model T uses double-edge razor blades, which we sell for 10 cents each. We're also including 100 free Rockwell blades with the Model T for every backer - that's two years of shaving if you use one blade per week!
If you already have a favorite brand of double-edge blade, no problem. The Rockwell Model T works with any double-edge blade on the market. You’re not locked into a specific "blade system" or subscription. The choice of blade is always yours.
Gladly! It's very simple: cartridges can cost from $1 to $5 each, but double-edge razor blades are available for 10 cents each - from our site, Amazon, and most drug and grocery stores. We think our blades are the absolute best value on the market, but feel free to try other blades too - we're okay with an open relationship.
- The adjustable shave dial allows you to customize the Model T to your skin type and facial hair length. Simply twist the dial to adjust the blade angle to the perfect setting for your skin and facial hair.
- Lower Rockwell Size settings (1-3) are great for men with sensitive skin, and are the perfect place to start for a seamless transition from cartridge razor shaving.
- Higher Rockwell Size settings (4-6) are great for men with thick, coarse hair, as well as men shaving or lining up a serious beard.
Twist the bottom of the handle to open the doors of the razor, allowing you to easily and safely load and replace blades.
Real Razor Blades, at an Unreal Price
- The Model T uses inexpensive universal double-edge razor blades. As a backer, you'll receive a 100-pack of Rockwell Blades included in your pledge!
- Rockwell also sells the 100-pack of Rockwell Razor Blades for only $10 - that’s just 10 cents a blade!
- The knurled handle ensures a secure, comfortable grip during each shave, while maintaining an elegant aesthetic.
- Chromed brass externals provide a timelessly appealing look.
- Coated brass internal components ensure extreme durability.
Thanks for asking! Throwing out cartridges produces outrageous amounts of hazardous garbage every year.
We'll keep you posted with transparent updates through all the production (and you can hold us to that). Here's how the production timeline looks right now:
We're keeping it simple. Each pledge gets the following:
If we're able to offer any stretch goals as the campaign progresses, we'll add them to this section. In the meantime...
The Rockwell Stainless Steel Stand is a fantastic way to proudly display your Rockwell Model T. It will be available to backers for $24.99 USD after the campaign.
The Rockwell Blade Safe is a safe, recyclable way to dispose of used blades - and costs just $1.99.
Rest of World
We had an immensely enriching experience with our first Kickstarter campaign, and the relationships we formed with all of our backers through Kickstarter are second to none. Kickstarter allows all of you to vote on the future of shaving, and we are grateful for every ounce of support you provide, whether your support is financial, social (sharing with your network), or simply providing us feedback. We have thoroughly enjoyed sharing the Rockwell journey with all of you. If you’re ready for a shaving revolution, please support our campaign and spread the word!
Think2Thing - a simply incredible Toronto-based engineering and 3D-imaging lab.
VivaMedia - awesome, crazy-patient video editing. Matt's a star.
IndigoSeven - probably the best value for anything filming-related for startups in Toronto in need of video.
Music from BenSound, with license.
This project is promoted by Jellop, a direct response online advertising agency specializing in Kickstarter campaigns on Facebook Ads and Google AdWords.
Risks and challenges
Building an excellent razor leaves very little room for error; angles must be precise and weight must be perfectly distributed. We want everyone to find their perfect shave, so we've worked, and continue to work hard to get everything just right.
The founders, engineers and designers of the Rockwell Model T razor have worked on the ready-for-manufacturing design for 18 months, adjusting the razor and our prototypes according to requests and suggestions of our testers. Those manufacturing our razors have decades of experience manufacturing similar precision instruments. As a result, we are extremely confident in their ability to manufacture a razor to our particular specifications, and the feedback of our backers.
This isn’t our first rodeo - we’ve successfully delivered on a Kickstarter before, and we’re going into this with much more experience and a little wiser. We’ve confirmed all our dimensions and manufacturability, with multiple options, well in advance of launching this campaign. We are extremely confident in our ability to deliver the high quality Model T you expect, and in delivering it on time. That being said, there are some crazy, unexpected things that can happen in manufacturing and shipping that could delay you receiving your Rockwell Model T. This includes unexpected mold failures, product assembly delays, and longer than anticipated time between shipping to a backer and the backer receiving the shipment. We’ve accounted for these possibilities, and others, in our current timeline. We don’t expect delays in delivering the Model T, but if something unexpected happens, we believe we have the track record to prove we will do truly whatever it takes to get the product we promise delivered to our backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (46 days)