Quick Update - Video coming very shortly
Alpha is getting closer
As we get closer to releasing an Alpha I wanted to share how the process is going to work.
We are working on the account/patching system for the alpha. This account system is only for the alpha. We will send instructions on how to obtain the launcher and key once we are ready. If your reward tier has multiple keys you will receive multiple alpha access keys.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR KICKSTARTER EMAIL IS UP TO DATE. VERIFYING YOUR KEY REQUIRES YOUR KICKSTARTER EMAIL.
We plan to distribute the launcher through private means. Only Kickstarter backers will have access to the alpha. The reason for this is - after we are able to get all of you testing the game/giving feedback/suggestions we will work towards a Steam Greenlight campaign.
I believe, and I am sure many of you do to, that a first impression is very important. Through this process we wish to increase our chances of making a great early access experience.
Recent additions to the game:
- Enemy AI (Vision radius, sound mechanics, "horde follow")
- Enemy combat
- Friendly AI(Basic Commands)
- Wildlife AI
- AI Navigation and Pathfinding
- Tweaked ranged aiming (pistols/rifles) and melee combat (fist/melee weapons)
- Generators/Flood light/Batteries/Fuel Consumers (Featured in next video)
- Error system ("Not enough resources", "Too far away", etc)
Additions to the game that are currently being implemented:
- Finalizing vehicle behavior (Siphon fuel/repairing parts/replacing parts)
- Traps (zombie/hostile npc and wildlife)/explosives/ more base building structures
- Friendly Survivor behaviors (group behaviors)
- Patch system for alpha
- Login system for alpha
- Serialized world map (Allows for a random map to be shared over the network after it is generated)