Update - June 22, 2013: Site Maintenance, Game Development Progress, and Misc
Greetings fellow zombie-slayers!
We apologize for the website's downtime on Friday, June 21, 2013. We had been undergoing an internal maintenance. Things are up and running, though they are still unpolished. We are currently working to resolve these issues. While the site downtime was of great inconvenience, please be rest assured that this a means to an end, and we are still working diligently on ROAM.
A few awesome things have occurred since the last update on May 16, 2013:
Game Development -
1) We have been working on melee combat. This entails destructible environments (such as demolishing crates) and killing zombies (such as with a baseball bat).
2) We have also been establishing the bare bones of resource collection and crafting. An example of this is smashing crates, collecting the wood chunks in your inventory, and depositing them into your stock pile.
3) Additionally, we are setting up base building and its fundamental mechanics. Early work of this includes using the above wood chunks and building barricades on doorways, windows, and free-standing structures.
1) ROAM is now legally considered a business as the proper paperwork has been finally pushed through.
2) We have picked up a few more people to assist with this project, including a second programmer who shall be formally introduced in the next update.
You can expect a visual update of the aforementioned coming soon. Please keep in mind that game development is a process and takes time. We thank you for your patience!