Hello Kickstarter Backers! We want to keep you in the loop during the closed beta, so we'll be sending out an update on what's happening every couple of weeks. If you haven't already, be sure to join our newsletter on our main site, since we will transition in the future to sending out these updates via the newsletter instead of Kickstarter updates.
Closed Beta: The First Two Weeks
The Roll20 team has been hard at work during the closed beta fixing bugs and rolling out new features based on feedback from the closed beta participants. During the the last two weeks, we've had:
- 229 feature suggestions and 115 bug reports
- 1,800 GM and Player accounts created
- Over 1,000 Campaigns created
- Over 1,500 hours of time spent in-game by GMs and Players
We're incredibly pleased to see that those of you in the closed beta have started using Roll20 in a big way, and we can't wait to see what lies on the horizon.
We've been implementing new features at a very fast pace, here are just a few that we're excited to share with you:
- Control of tokens can be assigned to multiple players or all players instead of just a single player. In addition, players can be given the ability to edit token bars and auras.
- Hotkeys to let you quickly switch between layers and move tokens between layers.
- Players can now edit Character entries in the Journal tab -- great for letting your players update their own character bios.
- New roll mechanics including successes that are less than a target number.
Developer Live Stream Tonight
Tonight starting at 8 PM CST (What's that in your time zone?) the Roll20 development team will be live streaming their bi-weekly game again on Twitch.TV. The stream and an archive of the last session is available here (note that there are some adult themes and language):
As with the previous session, this is just our "normal" game session, so it's not intended to be a Q&A session on Roll20. But if you want to see the program in action, watch some friends play D&D, and hang out with the development team, feel free to join us tonight!