About this project
DEMO AVAILABLE: Download here
Rhythm Destruction is a rhythm/shoot em up(shmup) game being developed by Curious Panda. Inspired by classic shooters and infused with the intensity of addictive rhythm gameplay, it is unlike anything you've ever seen before. Blast your way through 10 thrilling and challenging stages, fueled by the sounds of upbeat electronic music. It is slated for release in October 2012.
Enemies and objects in Rhythm Destruction are destroyed via timed key presses that go along with the beat of the music. The stages are filled with many obstacles, traps, and plenty of bullets to keep you on your toes. Each stage also includes a unique boss encounter that will put all of your skills to the test.
Rhythm Destruction tracks high scores across all game types and stages. It also features a scrolling feed to update you on whats happening around the community in real time in regards to new records, high scores and game news.
In addition to traditional score attacks, the game supports a competitive 'Challenge Mode' where users can go head to head on a specific song for bragging rights and more. Rack up enough wins and earn your spot on the challenge leaderboard, gaining worldwide recognition among the community.
- 10 beautiful and diverse stages
- Pumping soundtrack provided by 'Oscillator X' and many others
- Leaderboard support for all game modes
- Take on your friends, rivals or complete strangers as you rise to the top in our exciting Challenge Mode
- Receive live updates on high scores, community news and more with the 'RD Feed'
- Over 80 achievements to unlock
- Show off your accomplishments by personalizing your player profile
- Continued developer support with regular DLC updates, both free and paid
- Xbox 360 Controller Support
Official website: http://www.rhythmdestruction.com
Launch Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nQXsmlU3Ps
We are also in the process of trying to get onto Steam. If this game interests you, we would really appreciate your support over there too!
We're a 2 man indie company, working under the name of Curious Panda. Rhythm Destruction is our first title, and has been under development since 2008. Since then the game has undergone many facelifts, and has been molded into a product that we're very happy about and excited to share with everyone.
Even if our goal is not reached, Rhythm Destruction will be released for PC in October 2012. So why Kickstarter? There are a few reasons.
- Since the Kickstarter fee is significantly less than those of a distributor, we are able to offer the game at a reduced price with the inclusion of exclusive features, free DLC content and more. It's a win/win for everyone.
- By using Kickstarter, we are also able to essentially take pre-orders for the game. Something that would otherwise not be available to us.
- If we reach our goal, we'll be able to begin developing new content for the game right away.
- Due to its popularity, Kickstarter also presents a unique marketing opportunity. So please tell your friends if you like what you see!
If you'd like to keep up to date on everything related to Rhythm Destruction and our company Curious Panda, please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and we will respond to you as soon as we can!
Thank you for your interest! And please help spread the word by telling your friends about this Kickstarter & voting for us on Steam Greenlight!
At launch the game will only be available on PC. However, we will eventually be bringing a simplified version of the game to mobile devices.
The stages are currently seperated into 4 tiers of difficulty. After launch we plan on increasing it to 5 tiers and possibly more with the addition of DLC stages. There is no traditional easy/medium/hard difficulty setting.
Electronic dance. Most of our music is produced by Kyle Ward, who you may recognize from other rhythm games such as In the Groove, Pump it Up and Rerave. The style for future stages will be determined through community feedback.
In our opinion it is a 50/50 split. The majority of gameplay involves equal parts of rhythm and shooter. However, each stage does include a "Hyper Section" which is 100% rhythm based. Each one lasts about 30 seconds and are always the toughest rhythm parts in the stage. Boss fights on the other hand are nearly the exact opposite. With the majority of your attention being focused on dodging incoming projectiles.
Unfortunately, no. Each stage is manually built through a level editor. Since it is a rhythm game there is no way to accurately create complex note charts based on your sound files. However, one of our stretch goals is to create a game made based solely around the 'Hyper Sections'. This would allow you to create note charts for your own songs and share them with others.
If the game gets onto Steam will backers get free copies on Steam + all the DLC from the level we pledged at?
We will fully intend to give everyone the game+dlc content(for the level they pledged at) on Steam if we get on there. We just can't give it a definitive yes as we're not sure how it works.
We can't give a definitive answer for this as we're not sure how that all works. But if it's possible, then yes.
Yes, after the kickstarter is completed everyone will receive a survey to fill out their information.
Support this project
- (30 days)