Come Gather Herd, You Beastmen, the Forests Call and We Need You to Help Our Brothers Awake from Their Sleep!
Credit to: Andy Zeck
28mm hard plastic fauns for table top wargaming, roleplaying, dungeon crawlers, and skirmish battle games
Welcome to this Kickstarter campaign where we at RGD Gaming are asking for your help and support to fund a new, hard plastic, premium range of 28mm Faun and Beastmen miniatures.
If we reach our funding goal we will deliver a box set of hard plastic (known as HIPS) sprues that will allow tabletop gamers to build 20 faun miniatures in a variety of different head, weapon and pose combinations (with a mix of male and female options).
At 10k Funds Will Deliver
Enough for 21 fauns (the box was ideally designed for another sprue set in mind, but this is what we assumed had we not broke 20,000)
Male Fauns 3 fauns in sprue x4 (total of 12 fauns) enough for 24 heads, 4 bow men, 4 javelin throwers, 12 spearmen, 8 special 2H weapons, a musician, or 12 general infantry.
Female fauns- 3 fauns in sprue x3 (total of 9 fauns) enough for 18 heads, 3 bow women, 3 javelin throwers. 9 spearmen, 6 special 2h weapons, a musician or 9 general infantry.
21 spearmen, 7 bowmen/women, 7 javelin throwers, 21 general infantry, 14 2h weapon wielders
Note: Female fauns heads have been adjusted for line of draft, so will not totally reflect what is seen here. For example, adjustments in horn curvature.
Centaurs 3x4 Sprue
Note: resin prototypes
At 10k we unlocked a centaur mold that will start with a 3x4, giving us kit bashing horse torsos for the fauns (or other models). At 30k we will deliver a 6x4 sprue. We created guards to hide the conversions, using a convenient wicker decoration. The sprue will have torsos to avoid any loss of torsos on sprue. Army in a box has 20 bodies (10 sprues) and war party pledges have 6 bodies (3 sprues) added on.
At 11K Funds Will Deliver
A New Trio of Minotaurs Beyond the Minotaur Brute
Minotaurs join army in a box and are unlocked as a separate pledge add on.
Note: this will be one of the trio unlocked for the Army in a Box and add ons. Minotaurs would come in addition to the minotaur that comes free in pledges, if a backer chooses the army in a box pledge.
At 12k Funds Will Deliver
A shield pack for army in a box pledgers. Players will be able to choose from bark shields, wicker shields, or traditional Thracian shields
At 13K Funds Will Deliver
A shield pack for all pledgers, for each faun set, players will be able to choose from bark shields, wicker shields or traditional Thracian shields.
At 15k Funds Will Deliver
A 3x4 sprue that will include new heads and torsos, and with just enough space for a small assortment of left hand geared weapons. The idea would be to allow players a dual wielding option, and to increase the variety of looks in your army/bands. At 20k we can go with a full 6x4 to include a banner, and other armor variants.
At 20k Funds Will Deliver
Expanding on the 3x4, the extra parts sprue expands to 6x4. This includes alternative torsos, left handed weapons and items, such as banners. We then alternate the sprue composition to add four more bodies. With backer opinion, we would do alterations to torsos to fit a blend of themes such as tribal, feral and noble concepts. For example, using attachable pieces of clothing.
Ideally, the box set will contain 20 miniatures, with at least three sprues to round this out. However, in the event we do not fund past 20k, we will then instead use four of the base male molds and three of the base female molds, which will give you 21 bodies.
To compensate we will create pewter supplements for,
- Shield packs
- Alternative Bodies
- Alternative weapons and poses
- A pack of three Satyrs has now been added
- A pack of six horse bodies has been added representing the smaller 3x4 centaur sprue. At 30k, the sprue becomes larger, featuring more parts.
- A pack of six Satyrs have now been added
- A pack of twenty horse bodies will be added at 10k, representing the smaller 3x4 centaur sprue. At 30k, the sprue becomes larger, featuring more parts.
- A trio of 3 minotaurs has now been added and will be unveiled soon.
- A shield pack has now been added (10 shields can be either bark, thracian or wicker shield, shields come in two five packs)
- The one minotaur brute per army pledge has now been lifted
- Bases- Available after kickstarter
- Satyrs (3 pack) $10
- Sci fi Pack Add on $3 (enough for 5 automatic/laser rifles to the fauns) In development
- Sling Pack Add on $3 (enough to kit 5 slings to the fauns) In development
- Shield Pack Add on $6 for 10 shields (can be split between the bark shield and wicker shield)
- Faun sprues- Male sprue- $6
- Faun sprues- Female sprue- $6
- Pewter Shaman Male - $7.50
- Pewter Shaman Female - $7.50
- Minotaur Brute- $6
- Minotaurs- Unlocked, $15 for a trio of pewter minotaurs (to be unveiled)
- Centaurs - Small 3x4 frame for 2 horse bodies unlocked at 10k, at $30,000 a full 6x4 sprue is made, increasing accessories, and parts ($3 sprue for 2 horse bodies)
Please note: one is included in base pledges, and allowed one each in army in a box
Check out the following reviews and media links for extra details on this campaign and an in-depth look at what you can expect from our Faun miniatures and what else we have planned:
- Until Someone Loses An Eye blog - Detailed Faun Miniatures Review
- Tabletop Gaming - Pictures & Preview
- Beasts of War
- Counter Charge Podcast and Review
- Beasts of War Weekender Final 6 minutes
You can also follow our development process and join our active community via the following Facebook links:
PLEDGE MANAGER INFO: We will be offering an à la carte solution for our pledge manager after the Kickstarter. We understand that some of you may just want Centaur bodies instead of Minotaurs or others may just want Tribal Leaders instead of Fauns etc. Think of your pledge as an amount we can address in the production run. The more we raise, the more customized we can make the Faun Warband box sets and products overall.
And by à la carte, we mean we'll be building a web store during the final survey period. You will be prompted by email to finalize pledges.
The video below is an example,
Faster Production Time
A large collection of files for the fauns and other models have been made and readied for plastic with the help of Tim Barry. Which means in comparison to a kickstarter that may take a year to fully finish, we can have molds done in a matter of months. Any delays will be the fruitful benefit of new sculpts and added additions to your box set.
This campaign and passion for Faun miniatures is brought to you by:
RGD GAMING LLC started in 2008 on Ebay. Its operator, Robert Dunham, got inspired by miniatures in the late 3rd edition era of 40k. Starting with a Khorne Army, and moving on to Tau. Over the years this inspiration has continued on, and now a new online game shop has been made possible through the support of great gaming companies and our amazing war gaming clients.
US backers will have their KICKSTARTER pledges handled by ShipBob, a professional packing warehouse. By storing product on the east coast this will allow us to reach most backers in 2-4 business days, and cut costs on the price of shipping if you want to add more to your pledge. We will integrate with backerkit to smooth this transition between the two companies.
Packages are shipped by a combination of UPS and USPS, depending on the rates at the time. Tracking numbers will be given.
Leaders of the tribe- 8oz
War Party- 2lb
Army in a Box- 4 lb
To give you an idea on packing rates, please see the charts below. Prices are based on packages exiting Chicago storage. Rates pay for box, packing, and postage.
EU backers will have their packages forwarded from the US by a combination of UPS/DHL mail packet services. On average the package should take 7-11 days, and is handled the rest of the way by your local post office. Duties are paid on your behalf.
UK Price British Pound
1 LB 10.54
2 LB 16.16
3 LB 21.73
Europe Price Euro
1 LB 11.77
2 LB 18.2
3 LB 24.6
World Wide Fulfillment
We will fulfill pledges world wide. Average rate is 7-14 days. If you have any questions on rates, you can contact us at anytime.
Risks and challenges
No project comes without some hiccups, but we've spent a lot of time identifying and addressing typical kickstarter problems for miniatures: rendering stretch goals, casting them efficiently and producing them in a timely manner, then getting them shipped on time.
To answer this we've done the following,
1. Injection mold for the base sample is finished, each mold thereafter needs 3-4 weeks between layout and tooling. We are using a digital streamlined method of casting models. Tooling costs are much cheaper as we are worrying mostly about the inserts of the mold.
2. Casts of supporting products are finished, and awaiting a production order.
3. Stretch goals have been discussed with the sculptor, and time cleared up to address them. Costs have also been estimated.
4. Supporting sculptors have also been requested to eliminate the pool of tasks.
5. ShipBob has been tasked to accept and ready products on everyone's behalf. Domestic and foreign shipping logistics figured out. Tax codes forwarded.
Stretch goals will take longer from the base products because renders need to be done, also, as needed, converted for plastic molding and time arranged to draw and make the mold. Metal casts do not require as much preparation time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)