Learn More: Interactive Science & History Augmented Reality
Learn More: Interactive Science & History Augmented Reality
The LearnMore App uses augmented reality to give any tablet or phone the ability to bring our posters to life so you can learn more!
The LearnMore App uses augmented reality to give any tablet or phone the ability to bring our posters to life so you can learn more! Read more
We are proud and honored to introduce our LearnMore™ App – an incredible tool that brings ‘Augmented Reality’ to history and science education!
These are exciting times for technology and education! Learning is no longer limited to linear, text-based resources. Students are no longer restless and inattentive in classrooms that have no sensory stimulation! Technology has revolutionized how we interpret and process information! Our LearnMore™ App coupled with our interactive posters is riding the crest of the wave of the most innovative learning tools that are surfacing on the horizon!
Augmented reality taps into our senses of seeing, hearing and feeling. It connects those senses to powerful experiences that translate into a learning moment that today’s technology-hungry populace eagerly embraces.
With six different posters focused on science and history, there is something for everyone – whether it’s learning more about Thomas Edison's lightbulb, the inner-workings of a Model T Ford, the basics of human anatomy, the Wright Brothers historic airplane, the Constitution, or even the solar system! The LearnMore™ App is a window into depths that satisfy the most inquisitive scholar!
Edison's Lightbulb: Experience the history and science of the perfection of the incandescent electric light bulb. With the power of the LearnMore™ App, Thomas Edison and this historical moment in time comes to life right on a student's cell phone or tablet. This poster creates a full cinematic experience based on the history of Thomas Edison encompassed in a two-minute video. You can also interact with options on the poster and learn about the different components that make up a light bulb and their role in creating light.
History in Motion: An Augmented Reality Experience. Users are the drivers of this ride through history in a Ford Model T. In this interactive poster, you select and learn about the different systems and components that make up the Model T. Hop into a vintage model and take a scenic 360-degree virtual ride through the country side. Your understanding of this iconic vehicle will be revolutionized as you discover history in the making.
Flight School: Take to the sky with this educational, avionic adventure as you discover the history of how the Wright Brothers invented the airplane and learn the science of flight along with the fundamentals of the controls. Watch as a 3D model of the Wright Flyer emerges from the poster and witness the relationship of the yaw, pitch and roll to the movements of the aircraft. Explore the relationships of aircraft movements to the controls and instruments – all within this fun and educational poster!
Space Journey: This is a glimpse of your solar system like you have never seen it before, beautifully rendered in 3D from all angles of the sun, showcasing beautiful detail and correct positioning and alignment. Students can explore the Earth's solar system from an amazing first person perspective and learn about orbits, the sun, distances, gravitational behaviors and world changing scenarios. The LearnMore™ App will take them on a wild ride through the solar system while providing important educational messages.
Fathers of Invention: This poster is the platform for a journey through inventions of the founding fathers of the United States of America. Discover the stories of scientific and creative inspiration behind their inventions and discoveries. The interactive poster takes the viewer on an interactive tour of inventions from George Washington's 16 sided threshing barn, Thomas Jefferson's secret message sending "wheel cypher" and Ben Franklin's visionary invention the bifocals.
Human Anatomy: Peel away layers of the human body from the top layers of the skin all the way down to the bones. Students can explore internal organs while they learn about how these organs function and their role in keeping you alive. These fully animated, interactive video animations bring the poster to life as they explore the inner workings of the human body; the lungs expanding, the blood flowing, and the heart pumping. Students will be excited to explore, interact and learn about human anatomy simply by using the LearnMore™ App.
Help us inspire everyone to enjoy the thrill of learning with our science and history adventures! With the help of mobile devices and augmented reality, our videos, animations, and lessons come to life as truly memorable learning experiences!
We have options for everyone! For individuals or families interested in single topics (or all of them) to educators or museums that want to offer exciting new educational adventures.
Help us get the LearnMore App in front of today’s youth by simply purchasing the full size poster. For every poster you purchase we will donate another poster to a school.
The app will be free and available for download once the posters begin to ship. For full details, check the description on the links to the right. Also, please feel free to ask us any questions!
- Pledge 10 dollars and get 6 high resolution digital copies in PDF format. All six posters will be available for you to download this fall once the app officially launches!
- Pledge 20 dollars and get 6 high resolution postcard size prints on durable card stock . All six animated postcards to be delivered to your doorstep ready to play!
- Pledge 30 dollars and get one high resolution poster print of your choice and another for an educator or organization selected through the nomination process. Choose one of our six animated high quality interactive posters to be delivered to your doorstep ready to play! Buy one, give one! One poster for you and one for an educator or school of your choosing.
- Pledge 120 dollars and get a complete set of all six high resolution posters for yourself and another set sent to an educator or organization selected through the nomination process. Get all six of our animated posters delivered to your doorstep ready to play! Buy one, give one! One set for you and one for an educator or school of your choosing.
- Pledge 500 dollars to sponsor one of the posters. Your company or group will be featured and promoted within the app for a poster of your choice. Help show your support for science and history education so these posters can be produced and made available to as many learners as possible.
Anyone who enjoys learning! Our interactive adventures are great for students, teachers, museums and learning enthusiasts. We have topics for everyone!
- Children: Kids love stories and exploring. Our LearnMore™ posters incorporate historical stories with interactive science lessons in a way that makes learning exciting.
- Museums: The LearnMore™ App posters are a valuable addition to museums stores and exhibits. They engage participation in a museum experience from anywhere, anytime.
- Libraries: The LearnMore™ App posters are imbedded with stories and science inside the app making them a perfect complement to library books.
- Anyone: Our posters are impressive and are an amazing conversation topic when a user demonstrates the app to their guests.
- Schools: These posters encourage students to experience the best of learning by combining important lessons with interactive, immersive content that is placed in a historical context.
Led by content producer Michael Hobbs, Revolution eMedia is a small team of multimedia and content producers. Our team members have worked together to produce educational and instructional content for all types of learners and mediums. We have been involved in immersive media like AR and VR for over three years now, and we know how to make learning exciting, how to encourage engagement; and how to spark imaginations.
Now, as we start our journey with LearnMore™ App, we aim to create engaging educational tools for next generation media implementing augmented reality and virtual reality. Our goal is to use augmented reality technology to make posters come to life in museums and classrooms and encourage education through interactive technology.
- 100 posters total will be donated if we reach our goal of $20,000.
- 150 posters total will be donated if we reach $25,000.
- 300 posters total will be donated if we reach $30,000.
- Include interactive quizzes for each educational adventure in the app
- Feature allowing you to take fun pictures of your friends inside the app .
- Add virtual reality modes for totally immersive experiences
- June - Crowdfunding
- July - Development
- August - Printing
- September – Shipping
Ensuring that the content and experiences that these posters provide are accurate is very important to us. We continually consult with educators and subject-matter experts to verify that the information we are producing is correct.
Backers will also be invited to review demos and other content, such as videos and animations, in order to provide creative and important educational feedback for the project.
We are developing the app to run on the widest range of devices possible. In order to provide the best possible experience, some older devices may not work or could have a faulty experience.
- You must be running: iOS 8.3+ and Android 4.4.4+
- We support: Current generation Samsung, Apple, Sony and Nexus tablets.
Ensure your device has a forward facing camera and supports OpenGL ES 2.0. See your device manufacturer for more information.
THE FUTURE OF LEARNMORE™ APP IS IN YOUR HANDS!
HELP US TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
DO IT NOW AND BE AMONG THE FIRST TO BECOME IMMERSED IN THE NEXT GENERATION OF KNOWLEDGE
Risks and challenges
We have produced much of the interactive content and have tested several demos of the augmented reality on mobile devices. The posters are already designed, ready to be printed and will be in your hands around August 2016. Our carefully-selected printer in the U.S. is ready to print so that we can get the products to you in a timely manner.
All we need to do is reach our backing goal. So the more you pledge, the closer we will be! Tweet it; Share it; Facebook it; Pin it; Yell from the roof tops; Email it; and Instagram it.
Other risks may include unlikely delays in shipping, but we will keep you updated in case that this occurs.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)