This project's funding goal was not reached on April 2, 2012.
About this project
About this project: It's more than food; we reskill everything.
Watch the video to see our dazzling scope.
The Reskilling Expo provides low-cost Sustainable Living Skills Education. We maintain two Public Seed Libraries. We've just opened a TimeBank.
The stealth purpose of the Reskilling Expo is to create a Knowledge Commons where talent, skill and information are freely shared.
Reskilling uncovers hidden talents, reclaims lost abilities, and unearths the wisdom needed to create sustenance and bounty. We reskill to restore, cherish and preserve our quality of life and our environment
Reskilling reclaims skills that were known fifty to seventy-five years ago. It imbues the community with a shared knowledge of how to do, make and tend things oneself.
See www.reskillingexpo.org for complete schedules.
Every town and city should reskill. We've created a Reskilling Expo Template that you can use to create your own event. We want to share our foibles and secrets-for-success far and wide.
The Santa Cruz Grows Seed Library is a cool urban seed project. We want people who have never grown a bean to borrow seeds and give it a try. We want Seed Stewardship to be as common as social media.
TimeBanking values people differently. Get your trousers hemmed. Learn to make limoncillo. Take a piano lesson. Brush up on your conversational Italian. Use a bicycle courier. Have your plumbing and electrical repairs done. Enjoy a massage. Design and install a greywater system.
Our TimeBank connects people who give and receive. It's a non-commercial exchange system, a currency beyond price.
Visit our website:http://santacruz.timebanks.org
We need your support to nurture these three projects through the next year.
Funds will be used to send our Template around the country. For hall rental fees, publicity, and materials and supplies for Exhibits. For program development and member support. For outreach.
No donation is too small. We have 60 days to reach our goal. If we don't make it to $5000, we get nothing.
The Reskilling Expo is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization fiscally sponsored by the William James Association. All contributions over $50 are fully tax-deductible.
These Reskilling Expo Teachers are offering Consultation Rewards to $100 donors. They will be in-person in the Santa Cruz County area and by phone/email/Skype for those out-of-area. Limit: each Teacher offers only one Consultation. First to donate, first to choose.
- LeAnne Ravinale: Greywater and Rainwater Catchment
- Delmar McComb: Resilient Garden/Landscape Design
- Brian King: Wilderness Skills Consultation
- Jesse Wilkins: Computer Care and Maintenance
- Chris Yonge: MakerFactory Class/Lesson/Consultation
- Ron Pomerantz: HomeRepair/Solar Installation Consultation
- Darren Huckle: Herbal Medicine Consultation
- William Mutch: Permaculture Design Consultation
- Danusha Lameris: Poetry Consultation
- Rita Hester: Complete Bicycle Tune-up (new parts extra)
- John Malkin: Three Hour Recording Session in His Home Studio
- Bob Mount: Pest Management Consultation
- Jill Troderman: Personal Nutrition Consultation
- Mike Arenson: Solar Installation Consultation
Click link below to watch a 14 minute documentary on the
September, 2011 Reskilling Expo in Santa Cruz, California.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (60 days)