Heretic Playing Cards is a heresy in many ways. It´s based on alchemy and the hermetic world. Salt (for the Jacks), Sulfur (for the Queens) and Mercury (for the Kings) are the three basic ingredients of the alchemist.
This deck was designed before my first Kickstarter campaign (Requiem Playing Cards), but it was stuck with a company that did not print it. I took it back and improved the design and graphics. After five months work, it's finally on Kickstarter.
// Latest News // LAST HOURS!
ADDING decks to your pledge, it is possible! Take a look at the table and the example
FREE GIFTS: NO ADD-ON
Check update #13 for more pictures and details about Heretic Lux and Noctis tuckboxes. (Embossing and foiling layout is under approval by EPCC. A few lines might be too thing and some tweak is needed).
Heretic Gran Riserva
The list of heresies in this deck
- The Jacks are women!
- The King of diamonds has a sword instead of an ax.
- The King of Clubs has an ax instead of a sword.
- The King of Hearts is not suicidal.
- The uncut sheet has 54 cards.
- Lower prices for all, everybody is an Early Bird!
- Dynamic Rewards (uncut sheets and bricks).
- Lower international shipping prices.
- Many features already in the basic version.
- The 55th card will be decided by the backers during the campaign.
- There is the chance to have the 56th and the 57th card, both chosen by the backers.
- Printed by Expert Playing Card Company / Conjuring Arts (NYC) with Master Finish. This is same finish as the Exquisite deck (watch the review here). Read FAQs to understand the choice.
- No dice, t-shirts, coins, prints. I will focus only on the decks (but surprises will pop up during the campaign, FREE GIFTS FOR BACKERS).
- All the decks will be numbered (on the seal).
- One run, no reprint. Limited Edition for real. No overproduction.
>> SCROLL TO BOTTOM TO SEE THE TABLE WITH ALL THE PRICES <<
Heretic Lux Prototype Reviews
Heretic Lux and Noctis, spot the differences. The Noctis tuckbox are not finalized yet, work in progress.
55th, 56th and 57th card for Lux & Noctis
Here is a closer look to the extra cards. There is an ongoing discussion about the double backer cards. See comments or update. This will be decided during the campaign.
Heretic Brick XI
Updated version of the Brick XI, with the new Heretic Noctis seal (in black of course) that has been unlocked at $40k.
- Custom design to house 57 cards
- Custom opening
- Custom Seal: design and dimension
- Limited Edition Progressive number on the seal
- Graphic inside the box
Heretic Lux: The aces, custom courts, jokers and pips.
The jacks hold the symbol of SALT (body).
The queens hold the symbol of SULFUR (soul).
The kings hold the symbol of MERCURY (spirit).
Uncut sheets will ship unframed. The distributor will take every precaution to safely pack these, however minor scuffs, scratches, or creases may occur at the far edges of the sheets. These blemishes are unavoidable and are typically covered after item is framed.
Uncut Sheets are not signed. Sorry but if I have to sign them it means that they have to cross the ocean twice and raise the price.
Size: 57.3 x 61.3 cm ( 22.5 x 24.1 inch)
Displays 54 cards
- GOAL ($ 15,000): 56th card (decided together) // REACHED!!
- $ 17,000 : embossing the tuck-box // REACHED!!
- $ 20,000 : 57th card (decided together) // REACHED!!
- $ 22,500 : custom tuck-box/number on the seal/custom seal shape and dimension. // REACHED!!
- $ 25,000 : Heretic Noctis (numbered as Lux) - // REACHED!!
$ 35,000 : Heretic "Brick XI" // REACHED !!
- $ 40,000 : Noctis custom seal // REACHED!!
- $ 50.000 : giveaway !! // REACHED!!
- $ 100,000 : I go to the US and I sign all the decks (LOL)
Table with domestic and international prices
The shipping prices for domestic shipping (only USA) are included in the rewards. International backers have to add the cost for international shipping. This table shows the prices with the final amount for US backers and international backers.
Domestic shipping (USA): USPS First Class Package
International shipping: International Priority Airmail (5-10 business day as average estimation).
Produced by Nicola Smanio (Stockholm) www.nicolasmanio.com
Music by Elliot Simons
// Small graphic tweaks and fixes will be done during the campaign //
Risks and challenges
As Requiem Playing Cards, this is supposed to be a standard procedure, since printing a custom poker card deck is not a new technology. The deck will be printed by EPCC (Expert Playing Card Company at Conjuring Arts - NYC). I met the owner in person and checked the variety of paper stocks and finishing.
EPCC is more flexible, dynamic and responsive than USPCC. They have lower costs and this means lower prices for the backers.
The cards are printed with more precision and the Master Finish give a smooth feeling. If you have a Zenith or an Exquisite deck, you know what I mean.
Time to delivery is almost the same as USPCC. I will send the files of the cards during the campaign. Delays might happen, but I'll be as fast as possible, as I did for Requiem.
Many things might go wrong, you never know, the devil is in the details. I'll keep my eyes open and follow every single step of the project to make it real. I have more than 15 years of experience in graphic design and illustrations and Requiem is a proof.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORTLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)