Frequently Asked Questions
There have been quite a few Vampire The Masquerade games released over the years. What makes Rivals unique?
We encourage you to watch our updates for a more thorough explanation but here are a few tidbits!
· Rivals is an Expandable Card Game
· Plays as well with 2 players as it does at 3 and 4 players.
· Agendas (unique personal victory condition which create asymmetrical goals )
· Havens (special ability that starts in play at the beginning of the game)
· Leaders (starting Vampire with an extra bonus for being designated as Leader)
· Multiple ways to win in each game
· Neutral City Deck with Events, Mortals to hunt or attach as retainers, Second Inquisition to battle
· Start a combat by choice with a maximum of 1 Attack card and 1 Reaction card
· 2 Actions per turn, regardless of coterie size
· Playing time of roughly 15 minutes per player
· Maximum of 3 copies of each card by name in your LibraryLast updated:
There is so much depth in The World of Darkness that we look forward to exploring! This is an Expandable Card Game and we fully intend to continue expanding it. Watch for more information about the first expansion and beyond coming soon!Last updated:
There are 3 copies of each card in the Core Set, and there are 4 starting decks in the Core Set. Additionally, there is a Crypt Pack of additional cards to use for customizing your own decks. If a player wanted additional cards to make it easier to build multiple decks that used the same sets of cards, we are offering an add on for an additional copy of the base game.Last updated:
Nothing is final until we print. We are listening to comments and appreciate the feedback. For example, we have already changed ‘Druggie’ to ‘Addict.’Last updated:
The cards are standard size (63x88 mm) and fit in standard sized sleeves provided in the All In Pledge level or available as add ons.Last updated:
This is a physical game. Due to the current global pandemic, we determined that the best way to demo the game during Gen Con Online would be to create a digital demo on TableTopia. However, this is being produced as a physical game and we do not have plans to release it as a digital game.Last updated:
Yes! The box will include space for the base game cards and Crypt pack cards while they are sleeved.Last updated:
The box is 10” wide x 12” tall x 3.15” deep.Last updated:
Absolutely! If you pledge $1 now, you are welcome to upgrade your pledge when the Pledge Manager opens up! However, if you would like to help us reach more exciting stretch goals, pledging your intended amount during the Kickstarter would be greatly appreciated!Last updated:
Yes! We have a French partner on board and are in discussions with several other partners for different languages. We will make announcements about these as we are ableLast updated:
There are a total of 286 playable cards included the Core Box.
The Methuselah (All-In)pledge level provides enough sleeves for 4 complete decks (220 Library Sleeves and 55 City Deck Sleeves).
Most decks will be comprised of 40 Library cards, plus 1 Agenda, 1 Haven, and 7 Vampires in Faction Deck, for a total of 49 cards.
49 cards x4 decks = 196 cards that will need sleeves.
We're providing 220 Library sleeves, which is enough for this plus extras in case you want your deck larger than 40 cards. Plus there are 55 City deck sleeves, and and only 23 are used in each game (though 27 are included in the Core Set).
If you want more to sleeve every card in your collection at once, packs of sleeves are available in the add-ons section as well!
Here is the break down of every card type in the box:
Player Aid: 4Last updated:
The 63 new Crypt Pack cards are not seen in any of the pre-built decks so you can have lots of cards to create your own decks!
This Crypt Pack includes:
4 new Havens
4 new Agenda
8 new Vampires
47 new Library CardsLast updated:
Organized Play Promos will be easily available through a variety of places:
1) Right now on the Kickstarter, everyone in the Methuselah level automatically gets these cards. Anyone in the Neonate level can add this kit if they want these cards.
2) These kits and cards will be available on our site in the future so they will be easy to order.
3) We will offer them again in any future pre-order campaigns we do for expansions to make it easier for international backers to get them if they missed the first campaign.
We have used all of these options in previous games and it has been easy for people to get figures and cards that they were looking for without having to scour the internet or pay exorbitant fees. We want these to be available, but we also want them to be a fun incentive to play in events. So we make them easily available to cover everyone.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question