About this project
If we get to $100,000, we can do everything on this list and MORE! CLICK HERE TO SEE
If we get to $200,000 this is an idea I had... CLICK!
We now have a Backer Only Tumblr with exclusive previews on work for Womanthology! Check the private Backer only update for link and password!
Quick notes: You cannot make multiple pledges. If you wish to pledge for a few things, add those amounts to your pledges and notify me what they are!
The rewards include shipping, but we *humbly request* if you live outside the US to add $5 to help with the added cost! Thank you so much!
All pledges from the $15 sketchbook and beyond will get their name in black text in the book (unless noted otherwise in a specific reward)
What is Womanthology & what makes it so special?
Womanthology is a large scale anthology comic showcasing the works of women in comics. It is created entirely by over 140 women of all experience levels, including top industry professionals such as:
- Barbara Kesel (Writer/Editor Marvel, DC, Crossgen, Image, Dark Horse)
- Gail Simone ( DC writer, Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey, Secret Six)
- Annie Nocenti ( Marvel writer, Dardevil, Editor for Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants)
- Ming Doyle ( Boom, Image, Marvel artist)
- Devin Grayson (DC writer; Batman, Nightwing, New Titans)
- Lauren Montgomery (Director & Storyboard Artist - Justice League, DC)
- Fiona Staples (DC, Wildstorm, IDW , Vertigo artist)
- June Brigman (Creator; Brenda Starr, Power Pack)
- Samantha Newark (Voice of JEM, Singer/Vocals - God of War, Hook)
- Bonnie Burton( Grrl.com)
- Many, many more! See Full List of Contributors HERE
Click the pic to check out some amazing artwork from our contributors!
The purpose of the book is to show support for female creators in comics and media. There will be multiple short stories, "how to"s & interviews with professionals, and features showcasing iconic female comic creators that have passed, such as Nell Brinkley and Tarpe Mills. A Kids & Teens section will also be included, showcasing their work, and offering tips & tricks to help them prepare themselves for their future careers in comics. Overall, this is pretty much a huge book showcasing what women in comics have accomplished, and what we are capable of :) We are also hoping that by doing this book, it will encourage a new generation of women to pick up the pencil and create!
Part of what's special about Womanthology is its equal opportunity aspects. Big- name professionals like Gail Simone are paired up with new and upcoming talent to promote opportunity and chances for those newcomers to learn, and give them a stage to show what they can do. For instance, Gail will be paired up with extraordinary new artist Jean Kang! Or for, another example, legendary artist Camilla d'Errico will be paired up with up and coming writer Raven Moore! Check out the Womanthology site for more exciting team ups!
How do we plan to do this?
The book is currently in production. There is a tentative release date for Womanthology of December 7th, 2011, which may change. We will keep everyone updated as things develop. Please check the FAQS for notes on rewards and when they will be sent! :) Please watch for unlocked rewards that will include a special password to a place where you can preview the works from the many talents of Womanthology!
What is the money for?
The current Kickstarter goal amount would help us print a small run (1500) of books. This will be a 300 page, 9x12, hardcover, full-color book. All money earned goes directly to printing costs and other fees such as postage/production of rewards.
Our current goal is $25,000. If we, by some miracle, make OVER that goal we have some very special plans! Please see the FAQS below for more information!
Why should I pledge for this project?
Womanthology is the first of its kind. Never before have women in comics & media come together in such a huge way to create something like this. Never before has there been a publisher willing to give so many people a chance. By pledging, you are helping to create a piece of history itself, and being there to support a massive, positive movement of people into the right direction.
Thank you so much if you even considered helping! It's very much appreciated by all of us!
... You mentioned special unlocked rewards?
Well fine sir/miss, I sure did! The closer we get to our goal, and the more special rewards taken up, the more I can offer! There are more special rewards planned; please check back often so you don't miss out on some really special opportunities that I have planned ;) !
UNLOCKED REWARDS SO FAR!
See More of Fred Jeska's work HERE
- The animated sequences in the video were part of an animated music video for "Into the Woods" by singer Cilla Jane, with animation by the incredible Adam Phillips. Into the Woods is about a girl's journey through childhood and her experiences to becoming a woman, and triumphing in the end. I thought it was just a perfect fit for the mood and theme of Womanthology! They were kind enough to let us borrow some clips to help us with our project. So thank you Adam and Cilla! :) Please go HERE to find out how you can get the song!
- Contents and contributors of the book are subject to change as production continues
- Make sure to check out the FAQ on rewards for important additional information!
Thanks to everyone for all of your support! Feel free to message me with any questions or concerns! ;D email@example.com
Support this project
- (31 days)