Huge Comic Anthology created entirely by over 140 women, made to showcase everything we have accomplished and what we are capable of! Read more
This project was successfully funded on August 7, 2011.
May Update: PLEASE READ if you're still waiting!
Hello Everyone! :) Here's hoping this is the next to last update!! We're getting darn close to 100% fulfillment! PHEW!
If you have a question not answered in this update, or you think there may have been an error on your shipment, please MESSAGE HERE ON KICKSTARTER . Please do not message on my Twitter, Facebook, at Conventions, Email or any other site. It is difficult for me to keep up with too many different areas of messages, so concentrating them here on Kickstarter helps a lot!!
Going right to Rewards
BOOKS (not sketch/signed version) ALL US and INTL copies have been sent (unless you have just recently amended or given us your address). INTL copies are still trickling in all over the place delivery-wise, so there can still be waiting especially if your country's customs decide to hold it for any reason. So please realize if you're still waiting, it could be because of customs, something we don't have control of, or any way of knowing if they are holding it! From what we hear, it varies in times they hold it, so I cannot give a helpful estimate to anyone on that :( But if you can post when they arrive, and where you live, it certainly helps me keep track of where and when they arrive so I can inform others who are still waiting!
Please know, for the few of you still waiting, I am not purposefully holding back your book or making you wait longer, these things are just bound to happen on a project this large. I am not a company, I am one person that won't stop until everyone has their reward, even if it takes time. The spirit of Kickstarter is to make projects and dreams find fruition, something every single one of you made happen spectacularly and should be proud to have been a part of. So even though I am truly sorry some of you had to wait longer than the store release of the book (which by the way, was done so we could make money for Charity ASAP, I intended all Kickstarter copies to arrive first, but despite my best efforts it just couldn't happen that way :( ) I hope you find some comfort in that your book is A) a special version not in stores, with the bookplate, hand signature/numbering and B) you were part of making this entire thing even happen! You have no idea the amount of happiness, inspiration, and hope your help here has made possible. If none of those things matter to you, and you just want the product in your hands, then I can only give apologies and fix things as fast as I can. Just remember I am a person, who had done my best for over a year now for this project, and kindness and patience goes a long way in helping me get everything finished. Negativity effects me just as it would anyone else, So I would please request to be kind in your messages.
Sketch/Signed copies of book:
Sketch version: Copies have been sent to the artists and are being worked on. Be aware they are subject to the artist's schedule but are currently being worked on. Camilla lives in Canada, so the simple process of shipping back and forth is taking a lot longer (they have to go from me, in Maine, to Camilla, then back to me for final shipping). I can update that MY sketch copies are just about finished, and I'll be shipping them out all at once, hopefully in the next week! :)
Signed Version: Waiting on final signatures, then I'll ship out immediately.
- Womanthology Sketchbooks DONE
- Thank yous: DONE
- Blue Line kids' packs: DONE
- Kids' art inked and colored professionally: DONE
- Cameos: DONE (will be trying to mobilize pics of all cameos for you to see. Some artists who had the cameos may have contacted you already.)
- Locke and Key Hercules keys and full set of keys: DONE
- Hand-drawn, signed, original pages: DONE (these should have all arrived by now, unless you recently sent me your address)
- Full Page Rewards: DONE
- Barbara Kesel script reviews: DONE
- Annie Nocenti script review: DONE
- Devin Grayson script review: DONE
- Robin Furth writing review: DONE
- Jim Lee NYCC portfolio review: DONE
- Steve Niles script review: DONE
- B Clay Moore script review: DONE
- Fred Jeska figure: DONE
- Cargo Hold DC New 52 issues: DONE
- Kevin Smith podcast call: DONE
- Tone Rodriguez cameo: DONE
- All Thinkgeek Rewards: DONE
- Steve Niles death cameo: DONE (in final process)
- Neil Gaiman Post Cards: DONE
- Greg Pak Pak: DONE
Let me know if your rewards says DONE but is not!
These rewards are in various states of progress.
- Chris Ryall art review: Updated that he is working on them whenever he can, is wanting to give each review a full amount of attention and time.
- Gail Simone script review: Notified they are done, and will be sent very soon. She has been super busy and apologizes for the very long wait!
- Cary Nord cameo: IN PROGRESS
- Mitch Breitweiser commission: IN PROGRESS
- Jim Lee NON nycc review: IN PROGRESS, waiting on reply
- Rob Liefeld pages: IN PROGRESS, waiting on reply
- J Scott Campbell sketch: IN PROGRESS contact given to Scott
- Brian Denham collaboration: IN PROGRESS collaborations under way
Again thank you all for being with me on this crazy journey! :) I am so excited to be closing in on final completion of the Womanthology Kickstarter and moving onward!
Please message here on Kickstarter if you questions have not been answered on this update!
And finally, May 17th marked the 1 year anniversary of the very start of the Womanthology project!! 1 year ago the project had the ghastly pet-name of "Girl-a-pa-looza" and I had no idea if it would be published, if we'd ever get funding, or if it could even be done... and look at it now! CONGRATULATIONS to all the backers who made this happen, and all the amazing women on project who poured in their talent and care to make it the special book that it is. :)
Have a wonderful day everyone!! :)