REFYNE - EP1: The Essential EDC Titanium Bolt-Action Pen
Premium minimalist Bolt-Action Pen with removable deep pocket clip in Ti or SS with a full size feel in a sleek compact form factor.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Fri, April 12 2019 3:00 AM UTC +00:00.
Modern minimal carry, is the basis to everything we set out to create. This time around, we wanted to design a more minimal pen that's sleek and pocket friendly. By incorporating the highest quality materials with subtle design elements, we were able to create a full size feel in a compact form factor. Whether you're in the board room or out in the field, the EP1 is the essential EDC pen for any occasion.
We designed the REFYNE EP1 around the Schmidt easyFLOW 9000 refill because we love the way it writes. Smooth and easy. Also, we knew that by choosing this style refill, it would allow users to swap out to literally dozens of other options because our pen works with any standard parker style refills (list of refills below). Who doesn’t like variety, right?
Featuring a unique shaped bolt action channel, the bolt action mechanism was chosen for its simplicity and ease of deployment. With the flick of your finger you can open or close the pen in a fraction of a second. We decided to add a subtle design element, by using copper for the internal barrel.
Depending on your carry preferences, the sleek deep carry pocket clip can be easily removed with the turn of a screw. The integrated top cap allows this to be done seamlessly without showing any unsightly holes or notches when the clip is taken off. Additionally, the clip is keyed to keep it secure and in position.
Each screw has been custom machined and accepts a standard Torx T6 bit. This makes tightening down the bolt or removing the pocket clip both effortless and secure.
- Dimensions: 115mm x 10mm (4.53" x 0.39")
- Polished Titanium body: 24g (0.88oz)
- Black PVD Coated Stainless Steel body: 36g (1.23oz)
- Removable Custom deep carry pocket clip
- Copper Barrel Bolt-Action
- Black Schmidt easyFLOW 9000 M refill (included)
- Compatible with most Parker style refills
- Custom Torx T6 hardware
List of most Parker Style Refills:
- Faber-Castell Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Faber-Castell Scribero Gel Ink Roller Refill
- Fisher Space Pen Refill, PR Series- Colors (Bold, Medium, Fine)
- Fisher Space Pen – Universal Ballpoint Refill
- Foray (Office Depot) Ballpoint Refill for Parker (Medium)
- Itoya Aquaroller Refill (0.7 and 1.0mm)
- Kaweco Soul G2 Refill 1.0mm
- Kaweco Sport Roller Ball Pen Refill
- Moleskine Ballpoint Refill
- Moleskine Gel Refill (0.5 and 0.7 mm)
- Moleskine Roller Gel Fluorescent Refills
- Monteverde Ceramic Gel Refill (Broad)
- Monteverde Needle Point Refill (Fine)
- Monteverde Soft Roll- Colored inks (Medium)
- Monteverde Soft Roll- (Superbroad, Medium, Ultrafine)
- OHTO Needlepoint Ballpoint Pen Refill PS-807NP
- OHTO PS-205NP Extra-Fine 0.5mm Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Parafernalia Ballpoint Pen Refill NO LOGO
- Parker Ballpoint Pen Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine)
- Parker GEL Ballpoint Pen Refill (Medium)
- Parker Quinkflow Ballpoint Pen Refill (Medium, Fine)
- Pelikan Giant Ballpoint Pen Refill 337 (Broad, Fine, Medium)
- Pentel KFLT8 Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Platignum Standard Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Premec Parker-Style G2 Gel Refill (0.4, 0.5 and 0.7 mm)
- Retro 51 Tornado Roller Ball Refills (REF5P) (Made by Schmidt)
- Schmidt 9000M EasyFlow Pen Refill
- Schmidt P8126 Capless Rollerball (Fine)
- Schmidt P8900 Super Bowl Refill (Fine)
- Schmidt P900 B Ballpoint Pen Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine)
- Schmidt P950M Megaline Pressurized Ballpoint Pen Refill (Medium)
- Schneider Express 735 Pen Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine)
- Schneider Slider 755 Pen Refill (Extra-Broad, Medium)
- STABILO EASYgel Refill
- Stabilo Ballpoint Refill
- Tombow BR-ZLM Ballpoint Pen Refill
- Visconti Ballpoint Pen Refill AA49 1.4 (Broad)
- Visconti Gel Refill (Broad, Medium, Fine)
This project is promoted by Jellop, the ad tech power behind the best Kickstarters with 650+ successful Kickstarter projects with over $300MM raised between them.
Risks and challenges
As experienced and successful project creators across three brands, we're fully aware of all the different risks and challenges that could arise when bringing a product into reality. What we've done to eliminate as many of those risk and challenges as possible is, we've completed multiple rounds of sample revisions, which has now given us production ready samples. All that remains is to successfully raise the funds to start production. We are completely confident that we will deliver to you a high quality EDC pen, on time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter