Crazier Eights: Camelot Kickstarter
What's Crazier Eights: Camelot?
It's Crazier Eights with a new look, a strong theme centered around the King Arthur stories, and fifty two unique cards.
Just like the first edition of Crazier Eights, it's a bit like a fantasy card game mixed with Uno -- every card has a unique ability based on the event or thing they represent, and the first player with zero cards in hand wins.
I have a vision of Crazier Eights as a series of stand alone games each with a unique and strong theme -- The One Thousand One Nights, using Greek mythology, using Norse mythology, and using the stories of the Bible. But it's more than just a vision. I already have several versions I have been working on along with an expansion for nearly all of them. Go here to see some of this from nearly ten months ago.
Crazier Eights: Camelot is based on a version of Crazier Eights I have been working on for years, since 2013. You should really check out this professional play through video from six months ago. A new play through video can be found here.
This was part of the inspiration of the game's title: Crazier Eights can have any theme we can imagine.
The New Look
A graphic designer, Amit Ghadge, developed new card frames for months using a great deal of feedback from Crazier Eights fans.
This time I made sure to also have unique card frames for eights (wild cards):
- I will have a demo of Crazier Eights: Camelot at Isle of Gamers this Saturday — June 3rd at 7:00 pm. This will be your chance to play the game with the maker.
- Games of Berkeley is having Locally Grown game events, and Crazier Eights will be featured there on June 11th from 12-5pm. (2510 Durant Ave, Berkeley, California 94704)
Reviews have been positive. The newest reviews are the following:
- Two Gun Pixie's Crazier Eights: Camelot review (Youtube)
- Review by Daniel Robinson/Plumpy Thimble (Youtube)
- Review by Michael Wright/Unfiltered Gamer (Youtube)
- Frank Grip's Crazier Eights: Camelot Review