Effin Publishers: Let’s write an Angular Book without them!
It is difficult to find good source to teach yourself Angular and with your help, I can fix that.
Angular is a HTML5 framework from Google for building applications inside your browser, and this book will teach you the skills you need to be effective using Angular for Enterprise applications.
The book will start from nothing and iterate over code to build a complete task management application. Each chapter will teach you something new, so you can learn to be effective building applications for your clients or company.
Some concepts the book will teach:
- Implementing Role Based Authentication
- Powering Your User Interfaces
- Displaying Your Data in a DataGrids
- Advanced Data Filtering
- CRUD Operations
- Integrating with REST Services
The book will use mock services so that your learning process is not tied to a specific server side platform.
Check out the finished application you'll learn to build:
Chapter 1: Application Overview and Setup
- Basic Environment Setup
- Creating your First Angular Components
- Using the RouterModule
Chapter 2: Create a Login
- Sharing data between Angular Components
- Create Mock HTTP Login Services with InMemoryWebApiModule
- Handle User Inputs and Button Clicks
Chapter 3: Displaying in a DataGrid
- Create a Generic Grid using ngxDatatable
- Load Task Data into Grid
- Set up Column Sorting
- Create Mock HTTP Services for Loading Tasks
Chapter 4: Filtering the Tasks
- Create a DatePicker with NG Bootstrap
- Populate a Select with Angular
- Use Angular Pipe for Date Formatting
Chapter 5: Creating and Editing Tasks
- Create a popup with NG Bootstrap
- Add buttons to Grid Cell Templates
- Create Mock HTTP Services for Saving Tasks
Chapter 6: Scheduling Tasks
- Modify Screen States
- Modify Grid Columns based on Screen State
- Create Mock HTTP Services for Updating Tasks
Chapter 7: Marking Tasks Completed
- Create a Checkbox Renderer in the Grid
- Create Mock HTTP Services for Completing Task
Chapter 8: Implementing User Roles
- Hide App functionality based on the User’s permissions
- Disable Angular Components
- $5k: Bonus Chapter: Dissecting the Angular Build Process
- $7K: Bonus Chapter: Understanding Angular Component LifeCycle Hooks
- $9K: Bonus Chapter: Unit Testing an Angular Application
- $15K: Screencasts: A full set of screencasts for the book.
- And more to come if you keep spreading the word.
I was born to educate. During the Y2K era, I wrote three books on ColdFusion for Osborne McGrawhill and started writing the Beginner’s Column in the ColdFusion Developer’s Journal.
From there, I turned my attention to user Interface Development focused on Adobe/Apache Flex. I produced the premiere Flex Podcast, The Flex Show. As Flex lost market relevancy, I came back to the browser world in a big way. I created the Life After Flex series to teach Flex Developer’s about AngularJS development. Then I launched the LearnWith series to teach Developers about integrating AngularJS with other technologies.
I blog weekly on development topics and a focus on a longer Angular book is a natural move.
Risks and challenges
The biggest challenge of this project is balancing the writing responsibilities against the workload demands of a busy consultant schedule. In the past, I have managed to find a balance and expect to do the same for this project, so what are you waiting for? Back now!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (7 days)