The custom token frames for each color are finished, but I'm not a character artist: I need the art to make them whole. That's where you guys come in.
I've asked Dutch artist Rogier van de Beek to design custom art for every token. Obviously he can't just do it for free. This guy makes a living out of creating awesome art: he's made several pieces of art for renowned digital and tabletop games. Check out his portfolio on his website: http://www.beek-art.com.
WE'LL REVEAL THE ART AS WE GO!
Be sure to keep checking our updates so you don't miss any art reveals!
THESE ARE YOUR CHOICES
Be aware! If you consider pledging, then you can only pick from the tokens in this list below! These are the most recognisable, the most used and most common. If you're favourite token is not among these, don't worry! If this Kickstarter is a success, I'll most certainly make more. Post the ones you'd like to see in the comments, and I'll take them into consideration!
- White: 1/1 flying Spirit, 1/1 Soldier, 4/4 flying Angel
- Blue: 1/0 Elemental
- Black: 2/2 Zombie
- Red: 1/1 Goblin, 1/1 Elemental, 5/5 flying Dragon
- Green: 1/1 Saproling, 1/1 Insect, 1/1 Elf Warrior, 2/2 Wolf, 3/3 Beast
- Colorless: 1/1 flying Thopter
What happens when this is funded
As soon as this Kickstarter is funded I'll commission the art to Rogier. As soon as he finishes the art, I'll finish up all tokens and send them to all y'all pledgers (no shipping costs involved).
Don't just be a Magic Player. Be a Magic Pimp.
Custom tokens with custom art. But wait there's more: You can order them FOIL as well! For the regulars among you, you know what I mean. For those less-regular, let me explain: Foil means it has a shiny layer across the surface, which reflects light... making you a true pimp on the battlefield.
These are the token frames:
Take note that these aren't all the tokens, but just the unique card frame design for every color :)
Check out the pledges:
- The token size is 63mm x 83mm (2.5 by 3.5 inches) so they fit neatly in your regular Mtg-sleeves.
- The tokens will be printed on 320gr paper with a matte finish so they resemble normal playing cards in weight, size and texture.
- The front of the token includes: name of the token, creature type, power and toughness and oracle text (if applicable), custom-made art.
- The back of the token includes the designated full art print with no border
- Each color has a uniquely designed frame
- The front face of the tokens will be printed with a black border :)
As soon as all is pledged and done, I'll send you pledgers the tokens you pledged for. For those who didn't have a change to pledge and grab some sweet tokens: don't worry. I'll make sure you can get the tokens from a webshop I'll set up.
And I'm full of other ideas:
- Other and more tokens with their own custom art
- Playmats in any size with the token art (get your favourite tokens in playmat-form)
- Other accessories such as deckboxes, sleeves and other stuff that can pimp up your game
I'll keep you posted on progress as this project develops!
Risks and challenges
If this becomes a success, I'll commission the art to Rogier (the artist of choice). I've set the rewards' delivery date to February 2019, but this is totally dependent on how fast Rogier finishes the paintings. Let's hope he's not too busy and the pieces will arrive much, much sooner!
Other than that there's not really risks to speak of other than insufficient pledges. If you have any questions don't hesitate to post them in the comment section.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter