Subvert - Indie FPS Revolution
Subvert - Indie FPS Revolution
Subvert is a co-operative, objective-based first person shooter with a strong emphasis on team play and strategy. Last 2 Weeks to help!
Subvert is a co-operative, objective-based first person shooter with a strong emphasis on team play and strategy. Last 2 Weeks to help! Read more
About this project
Subvert is a free-to-play first-person tactical shooter with a strong focus on competitive and team-based play. That was a mouthful. In plain English, this means that you can join up with up to three of your friends online and take on another team of 4 players. However, Subvert is not a typical run-and-gun experience. Your team must coordinate and plan out their every move because one false step could lead your straight into the enemy's trap.
Subvert will also offer players a rich customizable experience with the ability to pick from 4 distinct player classes at launch, various skins for each class, fully customizable weapons, abilities and character statistics, which they can access by earning points in competitive matches.
The main competitive mode goes beyond the typical death match. In Subvert, both teams race towards an objective, trying to get there as quickly as they can, while attempting to thwart the opposition. To reach their objective, players will rely on individual classes and their unique skills. This will also allow teams to approach situations in various ways, depending on the situation. How would your team get past a turret? Blow it up? evade it with a smokescreen? Maybe even hack it to cover your advance?
Here is the list of classes along with a sample ability upgrade for each:
The Specialist: The specialist is an expert in chemical warfare. As such, he is equipped with a gas mask that renders him immune to the most common airborne toxins and chemicals used on the battlefield.
- [Toxicity] Reduces DOT(damage over time) effects. The specialist’s blood has become so toxic, that it takes a high amount of toxins to cause any real damage to his body.
The Operator: The Operator is the spearhead of the assault squad, as such, he is equipped with heavy body armor allowing him to withstand more damage than other classes.
- [Spearhead] Increases concentration while under fire. The Operator is a battle-hardened veteran. His concentration in combat is unbreakable.
The Breacher: The Breacher is an expert in close-quarters combat entry and explosive ordnance disposal.
- [Experienced Gamer] Improved EOD robot handling. The Breacher has logged many hours playing his favorite game, Subversion. He has become a master of the controller.
The Engineer: The Tech Engineer is an expert in electronics hacking. With his knowledge and tools, he is able to open doors, override consoles and hack into security systems.
- [Fleet-footed] Increases sprint speed while under fire. Often the target of bullying in his high-school years, the Tech has learned to run away to fight another day.
- [Steady Aim] Increases weapon handling while standing still. The Scout can control their breathing to allow them to be more accurate.
Orcinus Security Corp.
OSC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Stalwart Energy acquired in 2029. They are employed solely as an asset security agency. Orcinus made international headlines in the early 2030’s after controversial events were exposed during its operations in the Vandevelde Diamond Conflict.
“Seek and devour.”
Delta Hotel Bravo
DHB is a front organization set up under the guise of a security training service. They are covertly funded and jointly operated by a handful of former NATO countries. DHB secretly conducts extra-judicial operations involving direct action seizure and intervention.
Origin: USA/UK/Belgium/Germany joint operation.
“Fear nothing. Take everything.”
Subvert will be distributed as a free-to-play game! Players can enjoy all the core features for free, and may also choose to purchase additional character skins, weapons and accessories rather than unlocking them with experience points.
We have no yet chosen an online platform, but we intend to incorporate stat-tracking, persistence, and rewards for player accounts.
We have created a 9-month road map to beta phase. Initial prototypes have been created already, and development on character and environment assets is well underway. The initial release will focus on one map, currently known as The Hadron Collider Facility.
To ensure quality and progress, we are running bi-weekly play test sessions to gauge our progress and to make sure that our design decisions are resonating with players. As we near beta phase, we will also announce more details on our closed beta.
Why We Need YOU
Your donations will help us cover many of the costs associated with developing an independent game:
- Licensing: Commercial licenses for content-creation software will be required to release the game.
- Hiring freelance talent: Our small, but very passionate team will develop the core content for our game, but we will need outside help to bring the visual quality up to match our vision.
- Marketing: More than simply buying add space, we will need to show our game at every event we possibly can. This will mean travel expenses on top of the traditional marketing costs.
- Community Website: We feel the backbone of any successful competitive game is its community. We are in the early stages of developing the official community site, but we will need your help to fully staff and develop it.
These are all costly expenses. We run as lean of an operation as we can, but without your support, Subvert can take much longer to complete than we can afford.
With your help, Subvert can revolutionize indie games.
Support this project
- (60 days)