Dragged Away is an experiential Rogue-like JRPG horror game for Windows and Mac OS. Complete with action, strategy, twists, humor and an element of discovery that’s uncovered the longer you play.
Something mysterious is chasing you. You don't know where you are, why you're here, or where you're going, like a bad dream that wakes you up sweaty and shaking.
Can you outrun this terror long enough to discover what it is?
5 playable worlds with randomized and auto-generated levels for each session of gameplay.
- 30 in-game items that you can use and interact with.
- Twists and turns depending on how you play the game.
- The microphone is a game mechanic. If you're too loud you might get the attention of something near you.
- 20+ different characters types that you may encounter as you play.
- Up to 3 companions that can join you each session depending on how you play.
- Replay the game as your companion characters and their unique advantages, abilities and voices.
Back This Project
You can still back this project after the Kickstarter on my site here: http://draggedaway.com
- Watch game development on twitch.tv/rawrsoft.
- Get a new updates based on player feedback.
- Feel free to make videos of the game and share them. It can only help spread the word. Just be sure to tag them #draggedaway so I can find them.
Keyboard and possibly Gamepad (looking into it)
- Up, Down, Left and Right Movement
- Hold breathe
- Switch Item
- Mac OS
- All game tiers get early access.
- All $50+ tiers will receive the $30 (Making of Dragged Away Bundle) instead of the $15 tier. That was a typo.
$10 - Game + Early Access
You'll receive a digital copy of the game for PC/Mac, PDF instruction manual and early access.
$15 - Game + Soundtrack + Early Access
You'll receive a digital copy of the soundtrack composed by Paul Dateh with your choice of format (MP3 or FLAC) and early access to the game. You'll also receive the $10 reward.
Menu Music Snippet (draft)
$30 - Making of Dragged Away (Digital Bundle)
A digital art book (pdf) including notes, storyboards, character sheets, and conceptual art from the game. I'll also include avatars, wallpapers, and any video stream outtakes from development. You'll also receive the $15 reward.
$50 - Name A Weapon or Item
I have 30 in-game items (weapons and magical items) planned for the game. I'm going to put all the backers of this tier names in a hat and let you name them appropriately. I'll put the item and your name in the game credits. You'll also receive the $15 reward.
$100 - Digital Body Transfer
Your likeness (or a friend/family member of your choosing) will be featured in the final game as an enemy / guest star / innocent bystander. Your name and character will be put in the special credits of the game. You'll also receive the $15 reward.
$150 - Digital Animal Transfer
A pet of your choice will have its likeness featured in the final game as a lost animal in the forest. This animal can become a companion during your journey. You and your pets name will be put in the special credits of the game. You'll also receive the $15 reward.
$200 - Digital Body Transfer (Mini-Boss Edition)
Your likeness (or a friend/family member of your choosing) will be featured in the final game as one of the mini-bosses. Your name and character will be put in the special credits of the game. You'll also receive the $15 reward.
$250 - Digital Body Transfer (Big Boss Edition)
Your likeness (or a friend/family member of your choosing) will be featured in the final game as one of the final bosses. Your name and character will be put in the special credits of the game. You'll also receive the $15 reward.
$1,500 - Meet The Creator
At this level I will fly to your home to play the game with you, and your friends and order pizza. US Only. Also your name will be included in the credits of the game with a photo of us at your place. I'll also bring you a very special swag bag that includes a couple copies of the game, signed soundtrack, and other surprises.
Why do you need our help?
Making a quality game is not cheap, and it takes serious time to build. This time around I'd like to create something that's shiny, simple, fun, and timely so that you can play asap. It would be nice to have more time to spend with Einstein (my dog) in the park.
How will you use the funds?
- Hire Paul Dateh to compose a soundtrack.
- Buy Gamemaker Pro License to make the game
- Buy Gamemaker Mac OS X Module
- Pay developer fee to submit to Apple App store
- Pay for fee to submit the game to Steam Greenlight
Risks and challenges
* Making a game is a challenge in itself! Creating all of the game's assets, including code, art and sound, requires massive effort and energy. The good thing is I've done it before.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (59 days)