RAVN playing cards are back! 3 variants - SOL, MANI and ECLIPSE - with a new design!
A custom-designed deck of poker size playing cards designed by Stockholm17 for Caroline Ravn magician. We teamed up for the 3rd time to deliver an elegant and classic looking deck of playing cards, with improved courts and standard faces.
New tuckbox design, new jokers and ace of spades.
This deck is perfect to perform magic tricks, cardistry, and of course to play at the green table.
The deck will be printed by Cartamundi on a special paper stock with specific varnish designed for better handling and durability.
56 Cards printed on Cambric 310gr Black Core paper with 9C² varnish.
Ok, but what is this Cambric paper?
In 2016 Cartamundi introduced this paper stock and varnish and we loved it. It is the same paper stock and finish used for Ravn Purple Haze, produced in 2017.
This deck features 56 cards:
- 52 standard faces with custom Ace of Spades
- 2 custom jokers
- gaff card: JackOfClubs/10ofDiamonds
- gaff card: double backer
- The look of the 12 court cards have been improved. The faces of the Jacks, Queens and Kings look better, and their hands have been redrawn as well.
- Navy Blue for Mani and Chocolate for Sol
- Soft Touch paper for both
- Hotfoil in orange (or copper, to be decided)
What is an ADD-ON?
Basically you ADD one or more items ON top of your current pledge. You selected a reward (example: 2 decks) and you want to add one or more of the following items:
- Ravn coin (half dollar size, finish in antique silver)
- Stripper Deck of your choice (you will specify after the campaign)
- Uncut Sheet of your choice (you will specify after the campaign)
- One Ravn Sol
- One Ravn Mani
- One Dual Case with one Ravn Sol and one Ravn Mani included
- One Split Brick (wich custom brick box if stretch goal is reached)
NOTE: Adding items means heavier and bigger package, so it affects the shipping costs. For international orders the shipping costs are a little less because they are compensated by the costs in the reward you selected.
OK, but how does it work?
It is a simple sum. Your Reward + Add-On = Total pledge
Here the steps:
1. You back the project by choosing a reward. In this way you become a backer.
2. Once you decided what to add, you go to the campaign page and you find the Manage your Pledge button. It is the first thing you see under the kickstarter logo on top of page:
3. You do a simple sum and you add the amount of the item you want. Here the examples.
Coin (half dollar size)
Coins are cool, but commemorative coins are too thick, heavy and big for a good performance. This time we offer the Ravn coin with the same size in diameter and thickness as the half dollar coin.
This is an item exclusively for magicians. The stripper deck will be professionally handcrafted by Don Boyer at The Deck Tailor . You will be able to choose if you want Stripper Mani or Stripper Sol after the end of the campaign.
NOTE: The cellophane will be carefully opened, leaving the bottom portion intact, while the deck seal will be cut open to the shape of the half-moon curve at the opening. Most magicians will know this practice and be familiar with it - it’s rare that stripper decks are sold with deck seals intact, especially in cases where the card cutting will be done after-market by someone other than the original manufacturer.
Specs of the stripper deck: professional-grade edge cut with about 0.3mm differential.
It displays 56 cards. The uncut sheet is the Ravn Sol or Mani deck before the cutting and the boxing. Sheets will be pulled from the production line, right before the cut. You can frame it in the way you want.
The uncut sheets are shipped separately in a sturdy tube.
After the campaign you will be able to choose if yellow or blue.
Raven skull with crossing feathers, included the matching chain.
- Pendant Size 1.37x1.37x0.47in (35x35x12mm)
- Weight: 0.5oz (14g)
- Matching chain included 24in (60cm)
- Material: Bronze
- Finish: whitening and patina
- Made in the USA by Fire&Bone
Since we tend to offer a fully featured deck from the very beginning, we have very few stretch goals.
Here is what we have in mind
- 150% GOAL: Tuckboxes upgrade: printed by Oath Playing Cards
- 200% GOAL: THE MOTHER OF ALL DEALS
- 250% GOAL: Custom Brick boxes
- 300% GOAL: Custom Brick boxes upgrade, with foil! made by Oath Playing Cards.
Stretch goals might be updated during the campaign and the backers will be notified of course. Just keep an eye to the updates!
Ravn Playing Cards are designed by Stockholm17 for Caroline Ravn. Special thanks to The Gentleman Wake and Magic Orthodoxy for the deck preview.
Make sure to follow and subscribe on our social media platforms.
Risks and challenges
The deck will be printed by Cartamundi and shipped by Gamblers Warehouse (Texas). We decided this, because shipping from Europe with tracking is much more expensive. Also we feel more confident with Gamblers Warehouse shipping process, costs, and packaging.
The estimated delivery date is just that, an estimate. it depends on the factory and their workload. We will send the final files at the conclusion of the campaign, but I cannot speed up the production. There is a possibility of earlier delivery, but it all depends on how quickly Cartamundi completes the production, once we approve all the printing proofs.
Be aware that the colors on the screen and on the displayed prototype will not perfectly match with the colors on printed paper. Graphics may improve or change slightly in the final printed version.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Lorenzo from Stockholm17 & Caroline Ravn
- (30 days)