About this project
We're into the final hours of the campaign now. When it closes, all information will be found at...
RasPiO GPIO Zero Ruler...
- is the ideal quick reference for GPIO Zero hacking on the Raspberry Pi in Python
- acts as a Raspberry Pi port identification aid
- can be used as a ruler (cm/inches)
- fits easily in toolbox, desk tidy or workbench
- is very attractive
- won't be easily lost unless 'borrowed'
GPIO Zero, by Ben Nuttall and Dave Jones, is without question the easiest and quickest way to start Python GPIO programming. You can get things done with very little typing.
It's very simple to use. There is a lot of functionality built into it now...
- Light Sensors
- Motion Sensors
- RGB LEDs
...and a lot more besides. That's quite a lot to remember, so it's time for me to do another RasPiO ruler as a permanent 'aide-memoire'...
I use my rulers a lot. It saves having to look things up on web pages or search through pages of crib-sheets.
Longer Ruler, More Code
Since last year's RPi.GPIO ruler campaign, several people have asked me to do a larger ruler. It turns out that a 12 inch (30cm) ruler is the perfect size to fit the main GPIO Zero code.
So I'd like to produce this 12 inch RasPiO GPIO Zero ruler if you, the crowd, decide it should happen. I think it'll be really useful, so please choose one of the rewards over on the right-hand side and back the project. If it goes ahead we will start shipping in late September.
If we reach (and sustain) 1000 backers, I will donate 50 RasPiO GPIO Zero Rulers to Picademy.
This is something I can realistically do without extending the timeline of the project. It's important to me that you get your rewards in a timely manner.
In case you don't know, Picademy is the Raspberry Pi Foundation's educator empowerment course.
These timings are a best guess at the time of putting the campaign together...
- if the project does extremely well, it will take longer to ship, but rewards will be shipped out in approximate backer # order (early birds first, although we may sort by destination) and we will keep you updated about how far we have got.
- tracking codes and individual shipping notifications will not be issued, but regular updates will show you which reward groups have been sent, so you will know when your rewards are on the way
- no variants! This is a simple project, which makes it affordable and logistically efficient.
- no radical design changes. This would delay the project for everyone.
If you've got this far, congratulations. Please back the project by selecting one of the rewards.
Music track Smile On from Purple Planet
Risks and challenges
This is a very simple project. It involves getting the rulers made at my usual PCB fabrication plant. My previous 4 KickStarter projects have all finished shipping early. The risk on this project is very low. If something goes wrong in production or shipping there may be a delay. Even if that happens, regular updates will keep you in the loop.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (36 days)