BAYANI - Fighting Game
BAYANI is the first fighting game that is heavily inspired by the Philippines’ rich history, culture, and mythology.
BAYANI - Fighting Game
BAYANI is the first fighting game that is heavily inspired by the Philippines’ rich history, culture, and mythology.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Sun, December 30 2018 3:00 PM UTC +00:00.
BAYANI is a fast-paced, 1-on-1, indie fighting game made by an all Filipino development team and it draws heavily from the Philippines’ rich and colorful history, culture, and mythology. The game features a combination of 2D fighting gameplay and full 3D graphics that modern fighting game players will be familiar with.
BAYANI [3 syll. ba-ya-ni] is the Filipino term for Hero--someone who is admired for their outstanding qualities, valor, and noble qualities. It is also related to the Filipino word, Bayanihan, which is the Filipino spirit for camaraderie and community spirit. The title Bayani is given to notable individuals who have impacted the history of the country in a meaningful way.
All Kickstarter Backers will receive a demo copy of the game as a Christmas Gift from us before the Early Access comes out in Q1 2019! [NOTICE: You’ll receive a work-in-progress playable demo. It will not reflect the final appearance and feel of the game. We’ll be happy to hear from you any problems or bugs that you may encounter.]
- ($1 USD / CA $1 ) YOU'RE A SUPPORTER! - You get a personal digital thank you note from us and you get to have your name in a video game! You’ll also get access for the BAYANI game playable demo version before it gets released anywhere else.
- ($5 USD / CA $6) EARLY BACKER - A heart-felt thank you note from us and an exclusive digital wallpaper. You will also be invited to join our backer-only Discord forum where you can keep in touch with the developers and you’ll also get access for the BAYANI game playable demo version before it gets released anywhere else. You will be credited as one of our supportive backers as well.
- ($10 USD / CA $13) BASIC TIER (EARLY BIRD) - Limited for 200 backers only! You’ll get a BAYANI early access steam key for a digital copy of the game once released and a digital copy of BAYANI art book to learn more about the game and its characters. Also includes previous tier rewards.
- ($15 USD / CA $19) BASIC TIER - You’ll get a BAYANI early access steam key for a digital copy of the game once released and a digital copy of BAYANI art book to learn more about the game and its characters. Also includes previous tier rewards.
($25 USD / CA $33) BRONZE SPONSOR - Aside from all of the above, you also get a Digital Soundtrack of the music in the game and your name in the BRONZE Sponsor Credits
- ($30 USD / CA $39) SILVER SPONSOR (EARLY BIRD) - Early bird reward for 200 backers only! Receive all previous tier rewards and your name in the credits as Silver Sponsor. This tier will also get you exclusive, Kickstarter-only developer's closed Alpha Access. We're currently planning to release Alpha access in 6-12 months, depending on our progress after the early access.
- ($35 USD / CA $46) SILVER SPONSOR - Receive all previous tier rewards and your name in the credits as Silver Sponsor. This tier will also get you exclusive, Kickstarter-only developer's closed Alpha Access. We're currently planning to release Alpha access in 6-12 months, depending on our progress after the early access.
- ($50USD / CA $66) GOLD SPONSOR - You will receive 2 BAYANI early access steam key for a digital copy of the game, 1st is for you and 2nd is for a friend. You will also receive five exclusive digital wallpapers and your name in the credits as Gold Sponsor. Also includes previous tier rewards.
- ($100USD / CA $132) PLATINUM SPONSOR - You will receive 2 unique BAYANI early access steam key for a digital copy of the game. You will also receive 1 Exclusive Bayani T-shirt (Physical Reward) and your name in the credits as Platinum Sponsor. Also includes previous tier rewards.
- ($165USD / CA $220) DOUBLE PLATINUM SPONSOR - You will receive 2 Exclusive Bayani T-shirt (Physical Reward). You will also receive 2 Backer-only Closed Alpha Access and your name in the credits as Double Platinum Sponsor. Also includes previous tier rewards.
($350USD / CA $466) TITANIUM SPONSOR - Be immortalized as a background character inside the game. Send us your photo and well create a 3D version of you complete with costume and animations! We will even make sure that you will easily be seen on the background! Also includes Platinum tier rewards.
- ($500USD / CA $660) PALLADIUM SPONSOR - Co-design 1 BAYANI character unlockable COSTUME of your choice to be named after you (Design subject to Ranida Game’s Approval) . Also includes previous tier rewards.
- ($1000USD / CA $1321) DIAMOND SPONSOR - Co-design 1 BAYANI stage of your choice (post-apocalyptic version) and your name in the credits as Diamond Sponsor. Also includes platinum tier rewards. Do you want to see a post apocalyptic version of your hometown, school, plaza or any place (that we approved on) in the game? Then this is the perfect reward tier for you!
- ($2000USD / CA $2670) STAR SPONSOR - You will get a Character Quarter Scale Model (PHYSICAL REWARD) of your choice and your name in the credits as STAR Sponsor. Also includes platinum tier rewards. Note: This tier does not include the Titanium, Palladium and Diamond sponsor rewards.
- ($3000USD / CA $3973) PLATINUM STAR SPONSOR - ALL PHYSICAL + ALL DIGITAL REWARDS - You will get a Character Quarter Scale Model (PHYSICAL REWARD) of your choice, be immortalized as a background character inside the game, Co-design 1 BAYANI character Costume and 1 BAYANI Character Stage of your choice. You will also have your name in the prestigious PLATINUM STAR Sponsor Credits. Also includes platinum tier rewards. (Stage and Costume designs are subject to Ranida Game's approval.)
During the game’s initial launch, BAYANI will have 8 playable characters that are all inspired by real-life historical figures that have had significant impact in the country’s history. More characters can be added at a later date via updates and DLCs.
We carry a lot of pride in BAYANI, being the first Filipino made fighting game that are inspired on the Philippine history, we are serious to deliver a good gaming experience to casual and pro fighting game players.
We are proud to say that the game is 100% Filipino made, from the character concept, game development, animation, music and soundtrack and now to ENSURE that we are doing things right we brought into the team a Fighting Game professional The Filipino Champ Mr. Ryan Ramirez to help us turn BAYANI into a game fitting for competitive play.
A QUEST TO UNLEASH DEMON JOE!
Unlock and add Demon Joe to the BAYANI character roster! To reach this goal we need your likes, shares and re-posts. Think of this as a small quest to unlock this awesome character.
- Share this FB post
- Like our FB post
- Retweet this Twitter post
- Like our Youtube Trailer
- Join our Discord
Wish list Bayani on Steam
BAYANI features a fully animated, Japanese anime style game opening showcasing all the playable game characters and some hints to the game story.
Set in the far-off future, the world of BAYANI features a post-apocalyptic Earth where the world has been ravaged by multiple wars. And yet, despite all the conflicts, history has a strange way of repeating itself. All the stages in the game are based off real locations and landmarks in the Philippines. Each location is historically significant to a person or event both in-game and in real life.
Fight against random AI controlled opponents in a one-on-one close quarter combat!
Choose your favorite character and compete with your family and friends via local 1v1 multiplayer.
There is no better way in getting to know and understand each of the BAYANI characters but to go deep into the lore of BAYANI. Each characters have their own story branches that later inter-twines in the the main story branch.
One unique feature that the game has is the collection of historical relics. Relics play a huge role in BAYANI's story line and also serves as a way to give the players bits and pieces of information about the Philippine history.
All characters will have unlockable skins, the more you play the game, the more skins you can unlock. Some skins can only be obtained by doing different actions in the game such as finishing a character story mode, winning for a number of times etc. Character skin design can range from traditional Filipino clothing to fan service costumes.
BAYANI's main theme song entitled "Bandera" is part of the band Slapshock's latest album ATAKE. Slapshock is a globally renowned Filipino heavy metal band with numerous hits under their belt.
Slapshock's music content and genre is very suitable to BAYANI's energetic and action filled gameplay.
Each of the BAYANI characters has their own background, characteristics and personality. We want everyone to immerse themselves and feel each character's strength, sadness and conflict through music. Below are sample soundtrack for Oria, Gen.Tonio and Leon.
Here's a breakdown on how we plan to use the funds to aid in completing our base game of 8 characters:
- Game Development (60%) – A huge chunk of the funds will go towards our game development that includes programming and improvements of all art assets.
- Animation (15%) – funds will also be allocated as further polish in our animation will be done to bring our characters to life.
- Music, VO and Sounds (15%) – portion of the fund will be used to produce the rest of the original soundtrack. Likewise, to help cover the production cost for voice overs and sound effects.
- Fees & Taxes (10%) – this will cover the Kickstarter & Transfer fees and other taxes.
Ever since the introduction of BAYANI, we have been joining different events around and outside the Philippines to showcase BAYANI.
- [GMA News] BAYANI Kickstarter now ongoing, developers partners with FChamp.
- [GMA News] Pinoy heavy metal band Slapshock provides main theme for fighting game BAYANI.
- [Inquirer.net] "BAYANI" Filipino Fighting game features "Joe" Rizal in first trailer.
- [GMA News] Pinoy Fighting game BAYANI's website goes live for the National Heroes Day.
- [Sirus Gaming] - Hands-On Preview ESGS 2017
- [GMA News] First Filipino Fighting game to feature national heroes.
- [ESports.Inquirer.net] BAYANI - Kanino Ka Kakampi?!: Philippine Heroes Turned Gaming Characters.
- [FHM.com] Brawl as your Favourite Bayani in this Revolutionary Video Game.
- [Reimarufiles.com] Pitting against Filipino Heroes in: BAYANI Kanino Ka Kakampi?
BAYANI has been through lots of iteration, development started 2016 and has been demoed on different events where the game is played by beginners, casuals, and pro fighting game enthusiast. The game was originally conceived as a mobile game designed with simpler controls and casual design. However, while we were developing the game, testers and players--especially from professional fighting game players--clamored for a more serious and competitive gameplay. Thus, we decided to refocus our development efforts to PC and shifted to a more competitively designed fighting game.
All the important and precious feedbacks collected over the years molded the game as to what it is today – a game worthy to be called a “fighting game” enjoyed by casual and professional players alike. But we are far along from being done as we need more months to develop the characters, game balance, new features, and overall game polish. Game development is currently funded internally and has been going on for 2 years from conceptualization, proof of concept, and playable demos. As the game evolves from mobile to PC, the same goes with the scope of the game. Our team is small, but we are serious on our goal to deliver a fighting game experience that is worth playing. Now, as we go deeper in to development, we’re more confident that we’ll be able to deliver the game. Unfortunately, there are several features that we would like to include in the game that our internal budget won't allow us to do so. With this, we are looking for backer support to aid our development and be our partners in making this game the best that it can possibly be -- please support us and let’s make BAYANI even more awesome!
We will finish the game no matter what! But with your help we can make this game even better! Note that each goal would require additional development time, our schedule for early access will still be the same (Q1 2019), however the game completion schedule may adjust depending the features that all of us will be adding. We will give more updates as we move along with the development.
($15,000 USD / CA $19,500) BASE GAME - The game will be completed with 8 polished characters including all the features mentioned above.
($20,000 USD / CA $26,400) Additional Original Music - We will add more thematic music into the game to give you a more exhilarating experience while battling it out! All the music added will be included on the digital sound track reward!
- ($30,000 USD / CA $39,700) Animated Story Cutscenes - We will be able to add fully animated cutscenes to better represent the game story.
- ($40,000 USD / CA $52,900) Fully Animated Ending - Lets make the game story mode ending more satisfying with a fully animated ending sequence! The animation will be similar to our game intro and will be done by the same awesome team!
($60,000 USD / CA $79,500) New Unlockable Character - We have 8 characters planned for BAYANI, but we have more characters on the pipeline! Character development for a fighting game is no simple matter, however if we reach this point you can release one more character to add into the roster!
- ($75,000 USD / CA $99,300) Fully Animated Epilogue - Aside from an awesome fully animated ending we will also put in a fully animated BAYANI story epilogue with voiced dialogues and a new music!
($95,000 USD / CA $125,800) Vote and Unlock a new Character - Reaching this point, we will be able to add another character to the roster! We will create a poll and let the community choose which character you want added into the game!
- ($135,000 USD / CA $179,000) BAYANI Anime Episode 0 - Not only will you get an awesome fighting game, you will also be able to help create the Pilot episode of BAYANI anime! Not only that, all of you who made this goal possible will be credited into the anime as well! How awesome is that! Your name on the credits of a video game and anime!
( ? ) ??? - More stretch goals will be revealed as we move up!
About Ranida Games
Risks and challenges
Developing a game is hard; more so, creating a fighting game. However, our team has more than 10 years of combined experience when it comes to prototyping, building, and releasing games prior to BAYANI. The game has also been in development from a number of years now and with your support, we may be able to expedite the development and have it released next year.
Issues will come, as they always do in any game project. To overcome this, we have a team of developers with vast wells of knowledge who will play the game and be sure to highlight any areas where the game isn't working. Likewise, we partnered with a professional fighting game consultant that will work closely with the team to ensure the quality of the game. We promise to be as transparent as possible when it comes to the issues that might arise during development as well as what we plan to do in solving them.
We don’t have any plans to stop in developing the game as we’re committed and very passionate with this project. For us this is not just a game; we want BAYANI to touch people’s hearts just like how the real heroes helped shape people’s lives. Stay with us, support us, and let’s make this an amazing one! Thank you.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter