About this project
Make A Pledge And Receive The Comic Book, SENTURIES!
“...a wonderful preview of an artist on the verge of greatness.”
- Belle Gaskin-Burr, Pop Culture Uncovered
HISTORICAL SCIENCE FICTION
The story of a strong-willed Air Force pilot who discovers that her long-dead father may be part of "The Sentries," an alien armada that has been guarding the Earth for millenia. Senturies weaves historical figures and events throughout the narrative as our hero uncovers the truths that have affected the twentieth century and the alien organization that has played a part in shaping these events.
"I enjoy taking true historical events and connecting them to the fictional narrative. To me, it makes the story more compelling, like it really happened." - Ramon Gil
A MOVIE ON PAPER
It is my sincere belief that we all have a storyteller inside of us. Whether it be through jokes, journals, photography, novels, films or books. Senturies is a movie that's been playing in my head for over ten years now. With your help, I'd like to see it live within the pages of a comic book and share it with you!
Issue one is almost complete. The first few pages can be found in the preview link above. All we need now is funds to cover the rest of the production, layout and printing.
“Ramon Gil is a writer who treasures his craft.”- Tom DeFalco, Writer/Editor
THE CREATIVE TEAM
- Ramon Gil is the writer of The Hard Code and SCIFIES which were both successfully funded through Kickstarter. His other books include The Men from DARPA and Truer Than Trousdale. His most recent work was as a guest writer for Fabrice Sapolsky's Intertwined being published by Dynamite.
- Ian Waryanto is an artist from Jakarta, Indonesia. He is known for his dynamic and unique style. He jumped into the local comic industry almost 8 years ago and has work for various publishers including Space Goat Publishing, Stone Arch Book and several Indie Publishers.
- Macareña Cortes, colorist, is a graphic designer by profession, who after completing studies at the University of Antofagasta, Chile, discovered a passion for illustration. Calis has worked on various independent projects for the comic book and graphic novel industry.
- Mikiko Ponczeck, cover artist, is a German-Japanese freelance artist working in Comics, Manga, Game Art, TV, teaching and illustration. She is a published author (Manga, Comics) and has won multiple awards for works like Lost and Found, BLUE and King Thrushbeard.
- Kevin Stone, cover colorist/artist, is a graduate of Pratt Institute, an art director and also a comic book illustrator. He published the acclaimed comic book Old Soldiers, on which he wrote inked and colored the entire seven issue series.
- Marta Tanrikulu, Editor, enjoys comics stories in multiple genres. Her stories have appeared on the Verticalismi website, Indie Comics Magazine and Indie Comics Quarterly, and in anthologies from publishers including Red Stylo Media, GrayHaven, and Arcana.
“Clever, funny, a guy who’s willing to put his money where his mouth is…I think Ramon Gil has quite a future ahead of him, and I’m looking forward to reading more of his work.”
- Mike Gold, Comic Mix
Depending on your pledge amount you can get your own copy of Senturies #1, more books from Ramon Gil and other perks like ads, framed covers, coaching and possibly more!
Risks and challenges
Having produced over ten books and three successfully funded Kickstarters, there is almost nothing that can stop this project from completing short of a medical emergency. However, I have also instituted contingencies in case of such an event.
As mentioned above, the book is 90% done. With just just a few pages outstanding along with print production.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)