Obsessing with this platform a year after the company shut their doors feels like being in a time warp. I'm looking at documentation and example code on GitHub repositories that hasn't been updated since the end of 2016 (and may never be updated). But I'm not the only hold out. There are still regular post on Pebble Junkies on Facebook, in the official Pebble Forums and on Discord. Knowing there are still Pebblers out there helps me remember I haven't died and fallen into purgatory.
The holiday-hack-a-thon ended up primarily focusing on refactoring and making my code more modular. This should help speed up the process of completing the rest of the faces. I also went through several design iterations on complications for my first three faces and released an update of Fingers of Time with complications.
Here's the sketch of my original concept for Fingers of Time complications. Originally I thought the month indicator would travel on the hour scale (which is equivalent to every 5 minutes). As I got this working on Pebble I realized that that was an anathema to the rest of the design. I changed it to the minute scale and I think it's much easer to read. Now everything that rotates is on the same scale from 0 to 12, 31 or 59.
The other concept that I changed after seeing it on Pebble is the organization of the markers. In the sketch you see 5 minute markers always showing and 1 minute marker only showing when they are in the active 5 minutes. It ended up being easier to quickly read when all minute markers are shown from 0 to the current minute. It integrates well with the concept of 1 line for each hour. I also liked the look of all markers showing so I added the option to have all markers on. In the photos of this update you see the design with all minute markers on, the month (diamond) and the day (triangle).
There's a few more tweaks for Fingers of Time that I will release this week.
I'm partially complete with the programing for the complications on 1 Hand. I should be able to release that soon.