One Week Later...
♫ What a difference a week makes... 168 little hours... ♫
Why haven't you joined the FORUMS yet? It's where all the action is happening! What's that? You're not into the whole smilies thing? Ah, okay. Well in that case here's a good old fashioned Kickstarter update for you:
What's going on with FRONTIERS?
So much I don't even know where to start!
- We've got a small team of artists chipping away at assets.
- Given is making fast work of the revamped terrain and it looks spectacular.
- Lore masters Ben & Harrison are filling in the details of the world at an alarming pace. Seriously it's freaking me out.
- Resident linguist Daniel is creating a new language from scratch using (I kid you not) proprietary procedural language generation software. It's awesome.
- I'm making steady progress on laying the foundations for mod support.
- Steve continues to write awesome music.
- We're creating cool new environments like this:
And more! In the coming weeks expect to see lots of new work from our art team.
What's going on with the SERIOUS BUSINESS features list?
I've got a tentative top 25 features picked out for the backer's survey (click the 25 Final Features tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet to view them). This list may change because you guys still have a few hours left to submit features! After tonight I'll work on writing up full descriptions of each merged feature so you know exactly what you're getting.
♫ Communication Breakdown ♫
If you're having trouble reaching me and getting your questions answered, it's likely due to the fact that I'm now communicating across a couple of different platforms. Chat, email, the forum, kickstarter, even steam - it can all get a little overwhelming, especially when your usernames aren't the same!
I'm not a fan of saying read the FAQ - everyone's situation is a little different, so when you ask a question I try to answer it. But I will ask you for a favor, not just for my sake but everyone else's too: Please only ask your question in one place. It may seem like contacting me at all of the above locations will ensure a response - but what ends up happening is the total number of messages I need to chew through just quadruples, and that means more fall through the cracks. Thanks for understanding, and no harm done, we're all muddling through this as best we can!
That's all for now, this will probably be the last update before the backer's surveys go out so I'll see you then!
PS - Great news, Lacuna Passage is 96% funded! Organic Panic isn't doing to shabby either, though they could use a boost. If anyone else has updates on their favorite KS projects feel free to post them in the comments!