This project's funding goal was not reached on November 9, 2013.
About this project
A sustainable design company rooted in reclaimed leather.
Our goal for this project is to raise funds for the purpose of expanding our leather removal operation. Our supply agreement is in place and we have access to a massive amount of leather. We just need the resources to go get it all.
A FORCE FOR GOOD
As a supporter of our campaign, you are directly connected to diverting toxins from our landfills. Our leather removal program currently diverts a ton a month - leather and foam. The leather is upcycled into new products, the foam is recycled.
Our company foundation is built on diverting tonnage from our landfills.
The funding we receive from this campaign will go directly to hiring more crew, creating jobs, and increasing the positive impact we can make. When we achieve our funding goal, we'll be able to divert more than 3 tons a month, and that's just the beginning.
Story of our products
We began by choosing to create products that people need and use everyday. The first products we made were iPad/tablet & laptop sleeves. We started with a simple sketch of an envelope style sleeve and cut a pattern to make the first prototype. We carefully selected the leather and hand cut each piece.
The next step was to find a local manufacturer that could make our product come to life as a go to market reality. We were extremely pleased with the results and couldn't be happier to be partnered with a local manufacturer with such a long and established history of quality craftsmanship. After our first prototypes, we expanded to messenger bags & backpacks. The results were equally as beautiful as our first products, and we couldn't be more proud!
Every product is hand made and 1 of a kind with it's own characteristics and history.
- High density foam and seam construction for better impact absorption.
- Scratch-resistant Tricot lining to keep your electronics cozy.
- Heavy duty R3dna reclaimed leather shell.
- TSA Approved. Leave it in the sleeve.
- Fits the iPad and iPad 2 with a Smart Case secure Velcro Closure.
Custom made to fit your specific phone, all smart phone sizes available.
- High-density Foam. Impact absorbing foam protects without bulk.
- Scratch-Resistant Liner. Soft tricot liner keeps your devices cozy.
- TSA Approved. Leave it in the sleeve and breeze through airport security.
13 in sleeve - fits devices up to : width 14 in x 10.2 in height (35.6 cm x 25.9 cm)
15 in sleeve - fits devices up to : width 15.2 in x 11 in height (38.6 cm x 27.9 cm)
The Commute bag is approaching perfection. Its laptop compartment unzips to lie flat so you don't have to remove your laptop at airport security, and its waterproof TPU flap keeps your gear dry in a drizzle. Additionally, it has external water bottle pockets and a silly amount of internal organization for pens, mice, cords, and our beloved red key fob.
- R3dna reclaimed leather outer flap
- Waterproof TPU front flap.
- TSA compliant laptop compartment unzips to lie flat for airport security.
- Separate padded tricot lined compartments for both your laptop and iPad.
- Luggage pass through for your wheelie companion.
- Removable shoulder strap enables you to wear it like messenger or briefcase.
A carry-all pack that fits men AND women. Its large internal compartment accommodates our daily haul and an internal organization panel makes it easy to find your sticks and keys. A swing around pocket zipper provides easy access to your laptop, iPad or files, and its stretchy u-lock pocket and back pods for ventilation make the Swig a favorite of bike commuters.
- Laptop Sleeve. Low-profile, lightweight laptop protection.
- Swing Around Access. Easy exterior access to your laptop.
- Ergonomic Shoulder Straps. Designed to fit people, not robots
A zip-top backpack with Swing Around laptop access, the Knockout is designed to carry and protect your laptop, hoodie, books and bottles in style and comfort. Its ventilated back panel and removable, adjustable sternum straps make for comfortable journeys by foot or by bike.
- Swing Around Access. Easy exterior access to your laptop.
- Laptop Sleeve. Padded, low profile dedicated laptop compartment.
- iPad Compartment. Fully padded iPad slot attached to laptop compartment.
- Zip Top. Safe, easy access to two big compartments.
- Ergonomic Shoulder Straps. Designed to fit people, not robots.
- Removable Sternum Straps. Adjustable for the tiny and the busty.
- Ventilated back panels. For breezy air circulation where you want it.
To build our brand, we are securing manufacturing partnerships with brands that share our core values : sustainable designs, quality craftsmanship, and the made in America commitment.
We are proud and excited to have Timbuk2 as our first manufacturing partner. Having a locally based manufacturer enables us close contact and hands on access. Timbuk2 has sewn made-to-order bags in San Francisco since 1989. Made in San Francisco is the heart and soul of their business and culture.
The result is one-of-a-kind products that are built to last for decades.
R3DNA is extremely proud to be part of the sustainable movement, and the Made in the USA commitment.
Thank You for your support.
a special thank you to the bands that provided the music for our video
Risks and challenges
Car interior leather comes in a select number of colors and while we do occasionally find rare colors like green and other colors, we are limited to what is most common so we can produce a large amount of products. Some color selections that are limited - white and browns. We will notify all backers as to the color availability limits.
Our team has done it's best to be ready for the production of all the rewards. We will keep in close communication with our manufacturer, and inform all of our backers if any delays arise. We don't expect any delays at this time.
We are set up to expand the project immediately after receiving funding, and expect to hit the ground running with our leather removal crews.
Thank you for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (36 days)