Qubi: The Media Center Reinvented
Qubi: The Media Center Reinvented
Qubi combines a Gaming Console with a Local & Streaming Media Center utilising a stunning user interface and access to Google Play
Qubi combines a Gaming Console with a Local & Streaming Media Center utilising a stunning user interface and access to Google Play Read more
We have not made it this time but we will be back...
To stay up to date visit our website www.qubi.tv
Qubi is a media streamer, a gaming console and it makes watching or listening to local videos or music enjoyable. Basically it's everything we love about TV on one easy to use Unit.
Here it is in action
Qubi in the Media
(Want to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Technikblog (German)
- Caschys Blog (German)
- Giga.de (German)
- Newsslash (German)
- Androidkanal (German)
- Gizmologia (Spanish)
- Eeevolution (Italian)
Why should I support Qubi?
There are over 2 billion TV's in the world, that's alot of TV's! What we wants to do is put the power back in the hands of the consumer.
You decide what features are developed, you choose what's important it's no longer a board of directors or specially selected panel but every day people, the end user that makes the decisions.
What can I do with it?
- Play games from the Google Play or Amazon Appstore
- Use streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, Youtube, Pandora, etc
- Browse the Net
- Watch local videos from external hard drives or NAS
- Share external drives across the network
- Listen to music
When adding local media Qubi automagically beautifies it; adding posters, descriptions and ratings for Movie and TV shows. For your music it get Artist images, CD artwork and lyrics. Apps and games get banners, icons and descriptions downloaded automatically.
The nuts and Bolts
The unit is based on a Snapdragon 600 processor which is the same processor found in Google's 2013 Nexus 7. To see how the Snapdragon 600 compares to Tegra 3 check out this link.
- Snapdragon 600 Chipset
- 1.7 GHz Quad Core Krait CPU
- Adreno 320 GPU
- Full 1080p HD video decoding
- 1.4 HDMI Connection
- HDMI Passthrough
- 16 GB storage
- 2 GB Ram
- Micro SD Expansion Slot
- Dual Band WiFi b/g/n/ac
- Miracast Capability
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Optical Audio
- 1 x USB 3 Port
- 3 x USB 2 Ports
- Bluetooth 4.0
- iR Receiver
- HD Audio Support Dolby & DTS
- Power plug with all region pins
Do I get a remote??
You sure do and it's a cracker!! It can be used as a traditional remote, a keyboard, to stream audio, as a microphone or even as a mouse.
- Double sided remote including QWERTY keyboard
- Backlit both sides
- WiFi Direct
- USB Rechargeable
- Headphone output (Use Qubi without disturbing others)
- Built in Mic (Voice commands for Qubi launcher or Skype)
How will it be different
Qubi will be different because it has you!!
The initial units will ship with the catalyst of a perfect media experience, once launched it becomes your baby and your feedback and input will control what's developed and where we focus our resources. Nothing will be done without first consulting the community which will be an exclusive area for our owners and backers
Why are you using Google Play and not your own store??We dont want our focus to be on curating an app store, trying to attract new developers, selling apps to users or managing the finances or infrastructure that go with it.
We want to focus on giving the best possible experience to you, our end user, by developing new features, improving stability and expanding the capabilities of our unit through accessories like web cams, usb aerials etc.
Plus if you've already bought a game or app why should you have to buy it again?
What games can I play
For the casual gamer your Qubi remote is also an Air Remote so you can enjoy classic games like Angry Bird, Temple Run or Fruit Ninja on the big screen.
If you want to take things to the next level there are amazing controllers like PowerA's Moga, Steelseries Free and the Nyko Playpad. The beauty of these controllers is that they have already been optimised to work with heaps of games and they will also work with any Android device. So you can enjoy a game on the bigscreen using Qubi or hook the controller up to your phone or tablet and play on the road.
Whats left to do??
- Our remote is fully functional however we still want to play around with the aesthetics and there may still be a couple of added features up our sleeve...
- We have prototype PCBs for testing and developing the launcher and need to work hard on developing and refining the PCB and casing for the final unit.
- We have a team of developers that are hard at work developing Qubi as well as researching new features that we will be implementing to the end unit.
- Our work does not end when you receive your Qubi, infact it's just the beginning we will continue to developed and refined from your input in our forums!!!
Risks and challenges
As with any project challenges and obstacles will pop up along the way. However by providing a realistic time frame and having a solid core team and well established manufacturing and logistic partners we should be able to minimise the impacts and supply a great product on time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)