Help us transform Location-Based Gaming by creating a new map-driven iPad and Web Interface for our MMO strategy game, QONQR.
QONQR is a location-based, massively-multiplayer strategy game in which players use their smartphones to battle for control of the cities, towns, and neighborhoods in which they live and work. QONQR allows you to be a mobile operative on the streets, in coffee shops and even at the grocery store; battling for control and conquering the world. It is available right now on iPhone and Windows Phone, with Android development underway.
The current mobile gaming system is great for on-the-go conquering, letting our players engage whenever and wherever they are. However, our players told us they want to keep the battle going from the comfort of their home using a bigger screen. Our players have told us they need a command center. We Agree.
QONQR Command Center Brings You:
- Bigger and Better Maps. Larger displays giving you a better view of the battles around you, centered around an Interactive-Map of the world.
- Strategic Locations. Capturing locations like airports and power-plants provide strategic benefit for you and your faction.
- Social Integration. Share your conquests with your social networks.
- Anticipate your enemies' next move. Dissect the details of zone and player activities.
- Form Alliances. Recruit your facebook friends to join the battle.
- Build a Battle Plan. Coordinate your next move with your friends.
We will build the command center on the iPad initially with the web and additional tablet devices to follow. This initial set of command center features is the launching point many future additions to QONQR.
"QONQR" refers to three distinct things:
1. QONQR is the name of an independent game studio located in Minneapolis, MN. They were formed as a result of a Startup Weekend event in 2010.
2. QONQR is the name of their first game title - The Geosocial Game of World Domination - a massively-multiplayer, location-based strategy game. Version One of this game is available now for the iPhone and Windows Phone.
3. In the game, QONQR is the name of an Artificial Intelligence that has mysteriously emerged on the internet. No one knows where it has come from or whether it is good, evil, or indifferent. People all over the world disagree about what to do with QONQR, and after much heated discussion they have split into three viciously rival factions.
THE LEGION, led by Agent Sunday of the Turing Task Force, believe that - once QONQR is strong enough - it will enslave humanity. They plan to crush QONQR before that can happen.
THE SWARM, led by nanotechnology expert Kimyo Nagumo, believe that QONQR is benevolent and will usher in the singularity - a new technological utopia - if it can be protected from those that would harm it.
The third faction is a loosely organized group of militant hackers that call themselves THE FACELESS. They don't care whether QONQR is good or evil, they just want that technology for their own ends. The Faceless are often represented by the anonymous vigilante known only as Prometheus.
The QONQR team members have been working together for years - way before they co-founded a company together. In addition to being friends, and passionate gamers, they are experienced designers, developers, and entrepreneurs. They're really nice guys and they'd love to grab a beer with you if you're ever in town!
Almost everyone carries around powerful gaming devices that know where they are and who their friends are. This is the perfect platform for geosocial games, but so far very few have been made.
We think this is because geosocial gaming is a whole new style of play that requires new patterns and mechanics, and now is the ideal time for them to emerge. The QONQR Command Center Project is the perfect first step in making this a reality. We need your help to make that happen.
We also want your input. As a backer, in addition to some really great rewards, you'll be able to provide feedback on new features and gameplay. Your ideas will actually influence QONQR development. We're so excited that you can be a part of this.
Plus, you'll help us prove to all the nay-sayers that startups can be successful no matter where they're located. So many people have told us that we're crazy to try this because we're located in Minnesota. That sounds like a challenge to us, how about you?
So far, QONQR development has been 100% self-funded. We have built out the game server and two native mobile clients, and fostered a passionate international user base. However, the design and development of the ambitious map-driven interface for the iPad and Web is something we need your help to make happen. After the cost of the rewards, 100% of the funds will be used to pay Design and Development costs for the Command Center.
We need at least $25,000 to make the Command Center a reality. If you help us get there, we would be incredibly grateful. If we exceed that amount, we do have many grandiose plans for stretch goals including an Android version, a Facebook version, vastly expanded resource and crafting gameplay, base technology trees, and much much more. We'll break these out in more detail if we get close to our initial goal.
We here at QONQR Headquarters want to thank you for taking the time to check out our Kickstarter Project. Geosocial Gaming is something we truly believe in, and the QONQR Command Center is a project we are very passionate about. We hope you are as excited as we are. Together, we can make this thing happen. Thank you so much! And welcome to Team QONQR!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.