The "Worker Prys", our first Kickstarter items designed for EDC (Every Day Carry) use. We designed this versatile 3 pc pry bar set to fit your life style. Each pry bar is slim yet wide but not too wide, light but not too light. Just right for so many tasks you face on a daily basis. We designed these prys to be a compact pry tool set that fits in with your carry but isn't noticeably heavy. We chose titanium for it's strength, non corrosiveness and how springy it is compared to other mild steels and aluminum.
Popular facts about the Worker Pry Bar Set
1. Will take extreme abuse.
2. Will be 100% made in the USA.
4. Once in house all aspects of the finish work will be done by me using my grinder and my tools and my creative ability. Look closely at the quality of my work which I am so very picky about.
5. Will come in brushed finish, solid anodizing, or splash anodizing.
6. Can pull nails, wedge items open, open PC cases for the IT guys out there. Think wood boxes, paint cans, stuck windows, shipping boxes and more.
7. Opens sodas and beers easily.
8. All pry bars are hand ground, no fixtures and mills. These pry bars are custom crafted and anodized which means no two are identical. Sets will be similar - just not exactly the same.
9. There are three options to choose from and all have a brushed finish. You may choose from brushed only, one color anodized blue or burnt bronze, splashed anodized blue/purple or splashed blue/burnt bronze
10. There is even a secret hack, see if you can find it in our video!
STRETCH GOALS AND REWARDS
Due to the overwhelming emails and private messages we have decided to split the pry bar up for those wanting just one or two specific sizes. With this change it ups our cost to manufacturer them so please remember the three piece set comes out cheaper as a whole. We want to thank you all for the replies and interest, you can also add anodizing by managing your pledge by adding 5$ for solid colors and $7.50 for splash anodizing.
FREE! At $5,500 we will be giving 5 feet of paracord to you for your 5.75" pry bar. We will also be including a video on how to wrap your bar.
About the Workers Pry Bar Set design
The Worker Pry 5.75 inch model starts it's life as a piece of .125 thick titanium that is cut to our well planned design. Next, we grind all 4 sides and put a pry edge on it. We then change our belts and give it a grained finish, very pleasant to the hands and eyes. A true friend to carry around.
5.75 x .75 x .125 before grinding
The Worker Pry 2" and 3" inch models are designed with all the same qualities and look as the 5.75" pry. They only differ in length and thickness. The 5.75" pry bar starts with .125" Titanium before grinding and the material thickness of the 2 " and 3" is .100". The smaller pry bars are slightly lighter and so handy for smaller jobs.
2 in x .75 x .100 before grinding
3 in x .75 x .100 before grinding
Marketing our skills and products
From past experience, we know starting a business is hard. We also know starting a business that becomes a success is even harder.
We are looking for backers to trust us and trust our product so we will be successful. With your help we can bring our Worker Pry Bar Set to market. Our Worker Pry Bar Set was designed to make those every day tasks a little easier - now we just need your support to get them into the hands of the people who need them.
We are ready!
We have our cutting shops in place, our material is secured and on hold, our grinding belts are ready to go, we just need backers like you who can see the value of our product.
The remainder of our funds will go into product development, new tools, supplies and designs for our next KS projects. Simply put, we want our business to grow and with your help it will.
- Two weeks for Amazon to release funds
- Material ordered and paid for, released and shipped to us - 2-3 days
- Shipping material from CA to TX 3-4 days
- Cutting time 5 business days
- Items removed from the Titanium sheets and inspected - 2-3 days
- Items shipped from TX to CA - 3-4 days
- Once in house, items cleaned and inspected - 2 days
- All sets to be ground down - 12-16 days
- Brushed finish - 2 days
- Titanium rings to be added to each bar - 2 days
- Anodized solid colors for anodized backed versions 1-2 weeks
- Anodized splash finishing 2 weeks after solid colors.
Anodizing is a time consuming process of adding color to Titanium. I should say it is time consuming if you want perfect results - and I do. So will you. Some are satisfied with rushing through each step .
Each item has to be thoroughly cleaned. We use a bucket system and scrub each item thoroughly before we move it to another bucket where it's cleaned again. Once the bucket stage is done we finish with an ultrasonic cleaner to make sure each part is ready to accept anodizing. One of the final steps is to etch the metal for a better acceptance of the process.
Once all of these steps are done we can now anodize. For the splashed anodized versions there is a lot more that goes into it; let's just say many more steps and hours but WELL worth the wait. Creativity can't be rushed.
About Our Goal
Our goal and why it's set at that amount Our goal is set at $1,299 - not super high and not extremely low; we figure it's just right. My wife, Michelle and I wanted to get our feet wet with a Kickstarter project - see how it works, make a video, in other words run a campaign from start to finish by shipping our pry bar set around the world. If we set that pledge goal too high it might not happen. This is our first Kickstarter and we are learning as we go about this entire process. We have many years of experience shipping around the world with our last company, now we will get to do it from Kickstarter. If we hit goal at $1,299 and nothing more we get to do just that; fill our orders and learn the Kickstarter process . I felt if I set a goal in the $5000.00 - $7000.00 range (which would be nice) and something happened that we didn't reach goal I wouldn't get to try the rest of the process.
We aren't worried though because our product is a high quality and useful tool set. You will see. We are prepared and ready to handle any pledge amount even if we exceed the $5000 - $7000 pledge range. Our material is lined up, cutters are on standby, shipping materials are here. We can handle the fun, I mean challenges that this project will throw at us.
We are ready!!
Well, I think that sums it up. I hope you enjoy our campaign. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I will answer them to the best of my ability and as fast as I can. Thanks again for your support. It means so much to us!
David and Michelle Beck
Risks and challenges
With any project backing there can be risk but we have taken steps to have a back up plan in place for any potential problem.
1. Material, we have sourced two material supply houses and worked deals to have more than enough material set aside with our name on it. If something were to happen with one company, we have a back up.
2. Cutting out our prys. As a small company you are at the mercy of the shops cutting out your blanks. I have spent the last year making other items, working with various companies to do our cutting. I have spoken to three different shops and secured time lines for cutting, errors and shipping. All of our cutting times are taken into consideration, and if some sort of delay pops up we would be able to ship new material to another shop at any time to prevent delays.
3. Anodizing, which like anything custom, takes time. To make sure we don't run into issues, we have a spare unit on site, and two stations setup for both processes. If we ran into an issue, it would simply be one anodizer went down, and that issue would be solved with the second unit.
3. Shipping, once our project funds, will start as soon as our first set is completed. Shipping will be in stages rather than delayed until all pry bar
sets are finished. In case of any possible delay we will bring in extra staff that will assist in meeting our projected March deadlines for everything except splash anodizing which will ship in April.
We will provide progress updates so you are in the know at all times. Of course, there could be something (natural disaster, maybe?) that could slow things down but we've tried to anticipate any possibility that would prevent us from shipping on time.
- (33 days)