It's time for a Friday release
Just as we promised, we have released a new firmware version for the LoPy today. The new version is tagged as 0.9.1.b1. Sadly, we haven't been able to enable Bluetooth support yet, but are very close to it. To compensate for that we are planning an extra release early next week which will bring I2C support and chances are that Bluetooth will be there as well.
These are the release notes:
- Add the SPI class to the machine module
- Add time.time(), time.localtime() and time.mktime() functions to the time module.
- Complete the UART and Pin classes.
- Implement the Pin alternate functions.
- Fix a rare crash when running the garbage collector.
- Implement a partial machine.reset_cause() function.
- Support getting and setting the DNS address with wlan.ifconfig().
- Fix wlan.isconnected().
- Fix the random number generator function.
- Add extra functions to configure the pins in the RTC domain. This fixes the issue of pull up/down resistors not working on some pins.
- Enable Activation By Personalization on the LoRa class.
The new firmware is available here: https://www.pycom.io/support/supportdownloads/ (under Firmware Updates)
We have also been busy with the docs: https://docs.pycom.io/lopy/
For questions, doubts or anything that you would like to let us know, please join our forum: https://forum.pycom.io/
Thank you for your patience and support!