A Note for Murder - a race against time to prevent a crime
Set in the world of Sherlock Holmes - deduce the criminal, their weapon and the planned location of the murder before it occurs
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Thu, April 11 2019 1:56 PM UTC +00:00.
"A very mysterious note has been left at the entrance of Scotland Yard!
The contents are disturbing and cryptic at best. Only one thing is certain – it’s a Note for Murder! Racing to prevent a heinous crime and with very little to go on – Inspector LeStrade has enlisted the aid of Sherlock Holmes and his team of investigators. Will they piece it together in time, thwarting the deadly plot? Or will it be too late?”
In A Note for Murder, players must piece together clues to deduce the identity of the murder suspect, decipher the murder weapon and exact the location where the fatal crime is set to take place. Each has unique knowledge pertaining to the murderous plan but there’s a catch! Even though you are working together – you alone want to take credit for solving the puzzle and preventing the crime. There’s not much time left, the game of murder is afoot!”
*Rulebook Notes - the last page of the rulebook includes a location guide.
Detective Holmes Equipped Level
Just like our previous campaign, we're offering a Sherlock Holmes inspired hand-crafted bag to carry around your copy of A Note for Murder (feel free to throw dice or other gaming accessories in there as well). The bag will be black and beige, with a leather cord to close it tightly. The Puzzling Pixel Games logo will be on a black tag in the bottom corner.
The picture is of a prototype. We do not yet have the final image or size, but it will be similar to the image and fit the game with room to spare.
A Note for Murder is an extremely simple game to play! Deceptively simple, even...
- Throughout the course of the game, players will have 6 clues in their hand and a 6th secret clue card facing their opponents.
- During their turn, the current player selects any of the 5 clues facing themselves, revealing that card to the investigator on their left and inquiring if it's a match.
- That investigator looks at the clue in question and compares it with the current player's secret clue card. If one of attributes - suspect, location or weapon - matches, the investigator will indicate, "Yes, that's a clue." If no attributes match, the player will indicate, "No, that's not a clue."
- The current player will then place the clue that they revealed, in their yes or no pile in front of themselves (or in any way they wish to organize their clue cards). As players organize clue cards, they will begin to recognize patterns, and using logic, deduce which 3 attributes their secret clue card has.
- When the player feels they are ready, instead of playing a card, they may guess the 3 attributes of their secret clue card. If the player deduces all 3 correctly, they win and the game ends. If the player guesses incorrectly, they lose and are out of the game.
If you prefer to watch videos, here are a couple for you!
About the Publisher
Puzzling Pixel Games is a small board and card game publisher with big ambitions. Our first successfully published game, The Abandons, was funded via Kickstarter last summer. We strive to provide quality games that tickle your youthful imagination. To find out more about A Note for Murder and our company, visit us at puzzlingpixel.com.
Shipping and Fulfillment
* We have added a specific level for backers in Australia at a shipping price of $13 USD.
For additional copies of the game...
- US/CAN - add $3 for each additional copy, plus the cost of each additional game ($14)
- EU/Australia - add $4 for each additional copy, plus the cost of each additional game ($14)
- Rest of the world - add $6 for each additional copy, plus the cost of each additional game ($14)
Our Fulfillment Partner
We are proud to say that we will once again, be working with Quartermaster Logistics.
We have an established relationship with the printer that will be printing A Note for Murder. This is the same printer that printed, The Abandons.
Pledge Manager and Upgrades
Our campaign does not use a pledge manager. This means, that you will not be able to upgrade or purchase the game after the campaign is over. We are not going with a pledge manager because there will not be a wide array of upgrades or customization. This is another straight forward campaign. This however, may change.
Risks and challenges
We're thrilled that you decided to check out our second project. With our first project, we had nothing to show but honesty and communication with our backers. We will be doing the same thing here. But this time, we have a little more street cred.
The first thing we hope you notice about this campaign is the realistic funding goal. Our asking price is what we're going to need to get the game to you. Our funding goal includes mass production, freight, fulfillment, paying our designer and more. As a fledgling company, we are in a position where we require your trust and the trust of future design partners to sign with our company. We were very specific in choosing our first game to run a campaign for and we were also conscience about choosing our second game. We set a modest funding goal by not asking for an exorbitant amount of money and we want the funding goal to be realistic of similar projects of this caliber.
The next thing we want you to see is the passion that we're putting into this campaign. There's no doubt that we love the game - and are confident that you will too - but we want to be able to deliver quality games that we love - that's where the passion comes in. We hope you see this being evident in the game assets and the story we tell.
Finally, we want you to know about our communication with the community. We love communication and have respect for people that communicate well, and in a timely manner. We want to show you that same respect. This not only means answering e-mails and providing updates and comments, this also extends to sincere thanks and support for the product, once it releases.
We hope that you take this ride with us. The risk of not funding is that we can't possibly create and deliver this project. The challenges are making sure all our 'i's are dotted and t's are crossed. We want to try to be as precise as possible in every respect when asking for your hard-earned dollars. We will try our best and give you 100% - that's our promise to you. Are you ready?Learn about accountability on Kickstarter