Chronicles of Sularia (Canceled)
Chronicles of Sularia (Canceled)
In the wastes of Sularia, it's hard to keep a story straight. Therefore, we've gathered them all in one richly illustrated collection!
In the wastes of Sularia, it's hard to keep a story straight. Therefore, we've gathered them all in one richly illustrated collection! Read more
Venture into the world of Sularia with this beautifully illustrated art book. Showcasing the heroes of the genetic super-warriors of the Jotune, the rising robotic empire of the Synthien, and the mercenary bands who owe no banner their allegiance; who wage futuristic warfare on a planet torn asunder by global cataclysm and ravaged by conflict.
Chronicles of Sularia collects the entire 31 chapters originally published in the Rumblings of War fiction section on the Battle for Sularia website. This richly illustrated book features every piece of art work from the card game—Battle for Sularia: The Battle Begins and its expansion Blood, Profit, and Glory as well as alternate promotional card art!
Chronicles of Sularia will be a 12"x9" landscape layout, perfect bound, gloss finish, softcover book with 80lb gloss pages. It will contain over 275 pages—300+ pages if we hit our stretch goals—that includes 31 chapters of fiction and over 60 unique illustrations!
In addition to our reward tiers, we are also offering an exclusive introductory combo pack of the Battle for Sularia card game! During the course of this campaign, you may include any number of add-on items below by simply increasing your pledge total accordingly. If this project is successfully funded, you will be able to select the number of add-on items in the pledge manager after the campaign has ended.
With this opportunity to publish our own science-fiction themed art book, I wanted to make sure that we not only provided a quality introductory option into the world of Sularia, but also have room to stretch into additional NEW content and material upgrades as well. As a huge sci-fi fan, artist, and art book collector; I'm super excited to see how far we can go with this project!
— John Kimmel, co-creator of Battle for Sularia
We need your support...and your friends support too! We've put together a number of social media rewards we hope motivates our backers to help us get the word out.
These rewards include...
- Level 1 = 3 points. Earns one digital wallpaper pack, which includes these three images—Lord Fenris "The Wolf," Animus Vox, and K.Y.Z.R. "Omega Experiment"
- Level 2 = 6 points. Includes Level 1 plus an original Battle for Sularia 11” x 8.5” sketch-print signed and numbered by John Kimmel, co-creator of Battle for Sularia
- Level 3 = 9 points. Includes Level 1 and 2 plus EU friendly shipping
- Level 4 = 12 points. Includes Level 1, 2, and 3 plus three bookmarks—one new bookmark for each faction—Lady Worgana "The Fang," Furtim Braccae, and "Gunslinger" Johnny Cache
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Please review the progress chart below and social media and backer unlocks graphic.
Check back here regularly for updated images on book design and development.
Examples of illustrations that will be included in the art book.
This book wouldn't have happened without these super-talented individuals and their unique artistic vision. From all of us at Punch-It Entertainment—thank you! We can't wait to see your future work and contributions to the world of Sularia.
— Jesse Bergman, co-creator of Battle for Sularia
- John Kimmel – Creative Director and Illustrator
- Matt Ochs – Fiction Writer
- Wizyakuza – Illustrator
- Tots – Illustrator
- Justine Cruz – Illustrator
- Artem Shukaev – Illustrator
- Ascary Lazos – Illustrator
- Filip Dudek – Illustrator
- Garret Post – Illustrator
- Artun Gökçen – Illustrator
- Nick Jizba – Illustrator
- Nguyễn Thông – Illustrator
- Chunli Thiện Nguyễn – Illustrator
In 2014, Jesse Bergman and John Kimmel, lifelong friends and avid gamers, joined forces to form Punch-It Entertainment, LLC. Together they designed and developed Battle for Sularia, which was successfully funded on Kickstarter in July 2015 and launched into retail stores in January 2016.
We have a passion for game design, gorgeous visuals, and elaborate storytelling. The team's shared passion for these fundamental interests not only helped us create our card game, but it also provided the foundation for this new project—which we can't wait to share with you!
- Jesse Bergman | President and Co-Founder – Jesse is an avid gamer, business maker, and the game designer of Battle for Sularia. He is also a Spartan warrior whose not afraid to get a little dirty to reach the finish line!
- John Kimmel | Vice-President and Co-Founder – John is a visual artist and educator, gamer, and the creative force behind the world of Sularia. While not a Spartan racer, nearly nothing can prevent John from getting his morning coffee—Ha!
- Frank Hruby | Senior Market Researcher – Frank has been around since the early beginnings of Punch-It Entertainment. He is also an active video game player and can often be found teaming up with Jesse or with one of the many active first-person shooter players in our local community.
- Neil Mohlman | Game Development Director – Neil is a recent addition to the team, but he is by no means new to the game industry. In addition to Neil's background and experience as a competitive card game player, he has also worked a number of years in both the hobby and video game retail space.
- Matt Ochs | Freelance Writer – Creative writer, another competitive card game player, and skilled miniature painter and sculptor. Matt has been our fiction writer since the beginning. He is also big on building community and has lead a number of different play testing groups in the Kansas City area.
Risks and challenges
We are the definition of a small publisher. Kickstarter has been our crowdfunding platform of choice for bringing thoughtfully designed and richly thematic games to the market. Chronicles of Sularia, while technically not a game, we believe requires the same attention to detail and consideration for its production—in short, this project needs Kickstarter.
Admittedly, this is very much a passion project, not only for us, but more specifically for our fans who have been requesting a book like this since we launched our first successful project—Battle for Sularia: The Battle Begins card game. Like our game project, we need your help to bring this new book project to life.
We have done our homework to provide the best product we can make in our initial pledge offering—quality of production at the forefront of our project considerations. With that in mind, we would love to take the production quality to a higher level. This desire is reflected in our stretch goals—upgrades like a hard cover and book jacket to name a few—would be incredible to achieve!
If Chronicles of Sularia is successfully funded, what should you expect?
This is our 4th Kickstarter project. We have delivered on every one of our successfully funded projects in past. Through each of those projects, we have learned from our mistakes and continue to improve our processes in order to deliver the best Kickstarter experience possible. As mentioned, this is a passion project. Unlike our games, we do not intend to sell this book outside of Kickstarter and we are focused on a print-on-demand only quantity. In consideration of full transparency to our backers, if the demand exceeds our wildest expectations, then we may consider a second printing that would hit retail shelves in the future—again, subject to feedback from our fans. In other words, this is a very exclusive offering intended as a personal thank you to our most dedicated fans.
Thank you!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)