The future of your faction's survival is depending on you! Gain influence and expand your forces to strategically defeat the opposing faction. You win the battle when you reduce your opponent’s health to zero. However, a Battle Commander must be cautious if their opponent is off-initiative. Since Battle for Sularia® is a round-based card game, if your opponent is off-initiative, they have the chance to strike back and reduce your health total below theirs and thereby defeating you and winning the game!
Battle for Sularia: The Battle Begins™ is a 20-minute, science-fiction themed strategy card game with multiple play modes – 2 players head-to-head, 2-4 players draft, and 2+ players casual. Recommended ages 14 and up.
- Multiple Play Modes – With one box, you and your friend can play with the preconstructed 60 card play decks in a head-to-head 2 player game. The two players can then play in our "60/90" constructed format by customizing their play decks with the additional 60 cards provided in the box! If draft play is more your style, one box also supports 2-4 player draft play! An 8 player draft simply requires one additional box which we offer New Recruits and and higher pledges for 20% off! Of course, the game is fully expandable for a variety of casual play modes – one box supports up to 2 players in casual mode, but there is simply no limit on how many players and formats are available with additional boxes.
- Construction Point Values – Unique "60/90" deck construction system. Each card has a construction point value of 1 to 4 points. Each deck must have a minimum of 60 cards and a deck cannot exceed a total construction value of 90 points. This system pushes the envelope on deck construction and maintains value and interests for all cards within the set – not just a few select overpowered options.
- Two-resource System – Engaging two-resource system which includes influence and sularium. Influence increases once per round, while each player uses their influence to establish sites on their turn to help build their sularium stockpiles. Sularium is used to deploy combatants, which are used to attack your opponent's sites. The two-resource system in turn provides additional strategies for repeatable game play.
- Round-based Game – Simultaneous combat! The game runs on a round-based system, which allows each player to complete their turn before the round is over.
- Art and Lore – In addition to our engaging game play, we've forged our own path in terms of game setting. This allows us to explore new content and visuals without restrictions, which in turn provides new players with a fresh start and removes the barrier of entry associated with older legacy games and stories.
Add-ons are Here!
Now offering the most highly requested and most anticipated upgrades to your Battle for Sularia® experience – PLAY MATS ARE HERE! Check back often as we continue to explore new options to enhance your game!
More Matness Added!
How do add-ons work? That's easy – simply adjust your pledge amount to cover the additional cost of the add-on. If the project is successfully funded, we will send you a survey at the end of the campaign in order for you to select the item or items you wish to receive based on your total pledge amount. If you have any questions, simply message us here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to assist.
Like Social Achievements?
For all New Recruit and higher pledges, we are offering NEW social media achievements! Each target below earns one achievement point. For each achievement tier hit, all New Recruit and higher pledges will be rewarded with cool unlockable items. Some items will be free, some items will be discounted exclusives only available on our Kickstarter campaign.
What is a Faction War?
A battle is breaking out on Facebook between Jotune and Synthien. There are three avatar photos on our Facebook, coincidentally they are Jotune, Synthien, and Mercenary. You as backers need to choose a side and share those photos. Each share will earn one influence point for your faction. *UPDATE* The Faction War is over at the end of the Kickstarter campaign and the victor will be announced shortly thereafter. Be careful though, those Mercenary shares count for both factions. Get out there Battle Commanders and take a stand for your faction!
In addition to our Social Achievements, we also have some exciting Stretch Goals – so let's keep the momentum going!
Battle for Sularia® Mechanics and Faction Design – Jesse Bergman
Turn Tutorial – Jesse Bergman
The Battle Begins Full Playthrough – Jesse and John
Lore and Art Direction for Battle for Sularia® – John Kimmel
Leading up to the Kickstarter, we sent out a number of Battle for Sularia® demo kits for review. During the course of the Kickstarter, check back here regularly as we post more game reviews so that you may gain additional insight and unbiased feedback about the game!
- "It has layer upon layer of depth. The most fun parts of this game is the quick play of it. I’m eight or nine plays into it and having as much fun if not more as I did the very first time playing it. I’m really excited to see what more they are going to do with it in the future!" – Lance, Undead Viking
Board Game Brawl
- "Both of them [factions] have a very distinct and unique artwork – very high quality with how it's done. You can start off with starter decks if you want to, then customize with the other cards. You can then go at it with your opponent. Interesting parts about game play – resource tracking, combining forces [joint strike force], and hand management. And then add with that; if you don't want to be chasing booster packs and rares and that kind of thing – then Battle for Sularia is going to appeal to you." – Nick, Board Game Brawl
- "What stood out for me and what set itself apart from the other games is in the quick nature of the battle. As well as the silky-smooth nature of how those phases worked together." – NVS Gameplays
- "Originally I thought Dominion was that one game that would scratched my itch for playing magic. I was right until now. Battle for Sularia is bad ass." – Larry Cruz, The Boardgame Group Read More
- "I definitely have to give a high replay value on this one, as there is a lot of available replay with the different game dynamics they’ve added. I do not want to repeat the same thing I said with the design, but being a card game also gives it the “shuffling gives you a new game” style. Not a lot to say, but it was still fun to keep playing multiple times. I measure a game by playing it five times. If I still enjoy it the fifth time in a row, then I know I will add it to my permanent play list." – A Roll of the Dice Read More
Podcast Reviews and Interviews
- "Jesse and John are two of the most awesomely creative and driven people we've met" – The Doug and Eddie show – Ep. 52 [Part 1] Listen Here
- "All sorts of perks await you if you decide to support their campaign, and you get a crazy fun card game to play with friends and family to boot! " – The Doug and Eddie show – Ep. 55 [Part 2] Listen Here
- "You guys have produced something that would typically take a team of designers, but you're just two guys! I came at this thing with a blank slate and really enjoyed the interplay." – Joe Sallen, The Good, the Board, and the Ugly – Summer Special Episode Listen Here
Our Comprehensive Rules document is a work in progress. Please feel free to send feedback to email@example.com.
We are using Ship Naked, which is "Customs-Friendly Worldwide." That means it is EU-Friendly!
Here's what Ship Naked has to say on their site:
"EU-Friendly means that your packages will ship via a method that will minimize the expenses of customs, brokerage fees, and other expenses for the recipient in the European Union... as well as Canada-Friendly, USA-Friendly, Australia-Friendly, really just downright Friendly! "
The cost for domestic shipping is built into our Pledge Levels, so there are no additional domestic shipping costs!
Punch-It Entertainment, LLC is the definition of an independent game publisher. We are a company that is composed of just two guys and many wonderful volunteers that are excited for our success. We have invested in Battle for Sularia® as much as we can. We have developed the game from scratch, playtested it for countless hours, balanced it, and re-balanced it, and contracted illustrators to bring the highest quality product we can possibly muster.
Kickstarter was invented for companies like our own. We don't have huge marketing budgets to work with, we don't have contacts at distribution to get our product into retail easily. We strongly believe Battle for Sularia® is an incredible card game and that it offers some familiar, yet unique, and rewarding gaming experiences! We need your support to make this game a reality and to create enough interest to get into distribution and retail. Thank you!
Risks and challenges
This is our first Kickstarter project. Because of this, we believe in keeping things simple. We are not offering complicated reward tiers or stretch goals. We have tried to minimize any risks and challenges by spending a significant amount of time reaching out for advice from industry professionals and individuals who have launched successful Kickstarter campaigns.
While there are always risks related to production, we have currently developed Battle for Sularia® as much as possible. This includes game mechanics, graphic design, and the majority of the illustration work. We are currently waiting for 5 illustrations to be delivered, with an expected delivery date before the end of the Kickstarter campaign.
Our stretch goals will require a short amount of production time. Alternate art cards will require approximately 1 month for completion before we can send the full order off to the printer. If we reach one of our furthest stretch goal (a completely NEW Battle Kit™, currently titled Battle for Sularia: Reign of Terror™), it would ship separately at a later date – approximately 3 months after you receive Battle for Sularia: The Battle Begins™.
With that all in mind, upon successfully funding, we will be able to issue a purchase order to our printer and begin production! Items that are potentially out of our control are as follows:
- Printing Delays
- Overseas Shipping Delays
- Customs Delays
We feel we have done everything in our power to minimize these issues and prevent any further complications. Of course, we could be destroyed at any time by an opposing Battle Commander, and if so, we will offer pledge refunds if we are unable to deliver Battle for Sularia: The Battle Begins™.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)