Welcome and Thank you!
Hello from all of us at Punch-It Entertainment! First of all, we wanted to say "thank you" to all of those who supported our first Kickstarter campaign – Battle for Sularia: The Battle Begins! With its success, we are thrilled to present our new expansion – Blood, Profit, and Glory!
Below you will find everything that is included in the Blood, Profit, and Glory command pack, game reviews, an opportunity to get The Battle Begins, along with new add-ons for our die-hard fans! New to the game? You can find our Game Play videos near the bottom of the page.
Blood, Profit, and Glory is the first expansion for one of the most strategic and visually stunning card games of the year – Battle for Sularia! This new command pack expansion features exciting new Mercenary allies with amazing never before seen abilities that will challenge the mightiest Jotune warriors and lethal Synthien drones alike.
Did you miss our first campaign for The Battle Begins? That's OK, we have a deal for you!
"If it’s blood they want, it’s blood they’ll get. Provided they meet my price, I’d make the very gods themselves bleed."
– Verker "The Berserker"
Introducing 3 NEW keywords! – BOUNTY, QUICK, and BERSERKER. In addition to these powerful keywords, we have also added our first characteristic, known as Warrior, which is bestowed upon only the most tenacious of the Jotune fighting class.
- BOUNTY: X – This keyword allows a combatant to directly attack another combatant! Mechanically speaking, it enables a combatant to activate and deal damage equal to its BOUNTY value [X] to target combatant controlled by opponent, that combatant deals damage equal to its attack value back to the combatant with BOUNTY. Since this is an activated ability, it can happen at any time a combatant with BOUNTY could take an action! Keep one eye open with a bounty hunter around!
- QUICK – This keyword is very straight forward and simply enables a combatant to be deployed reset. And as a reminder, if a combatant is reset, they may be able to attack, defend, or use abilities as normal. It's not always the size of your gun, but how quick you draw it that will determine if you live or die.
- BERSERKER – This keyword is all about playing with aggressive combatants! Each time a combatant with BERSERKER declares an attack, their attack and defense values go up +1/+1! These combatants can definitely get out of hand if left unchecked.
- Warrior – These are not just mere combatants, they are warriors! Characteristics by themselves do not bestow any additional benefit to the combatant. However, there are cards in the game that affect combatants with specific characteristics, which typically results in sudden losses by the opponent.
We've collected some exceptional reviews for both Blood, Profit, and Glory along with The Battle Begins. We think this not only brings new players up to speed on the game, but includes some very exciting commentary on the NEW expansion!
Battle for Sularia: The Battle Begins – Original Game Review by Undead Viking
Battle for Sularia: The Battle Begins – Original Game Review by Board Game Brawl
"The Command Window is probably the cleanest/most streamlined way of having players respond to actions that just took place." – Jeremiah, Theology of Games
"After playing Sularia for a good long while, it is this reviewer’s opinion that Battle for Sularia is worth your time." – Zach Hillegas, Board Game Resource
"Awesome art, well designed cards... The rulebook is short and sweet." – ATBZIMARK, Table Top Games UK
Yes, ALWAYS reward the bounty hunter!
We believe Stretch Goals are important! We've done are best to up the ante and provide not just 1 promo card, but a full play set of 4 for each unlock. We designed a full-art iteration of our original design and can't wait to get these into your hands! In addition to working hard at providing cool card options, we also considered fulfillment and we are confident that there will be little to no production delays.
UPDATE – Quick Fund Target Hit!
WE DID IT! Since we funded before 4pm CT on Friday, April 22nd, all Mercenary pledge and higher backers will receive an additional 8 promo cards for FREE! These promo cards include a full play set [4 copies each] of the alternate art Lord Oathki "The Hawk" and a full play set [4 copies each] of the alternate art Animus Vox! See the Stretch Goals graphic below for the alternate art examples, or for a closer look, check out Update #3.
A Faction War has Broken Out!
The battle has just begun and time is running out to choose a side! To see how you can influence the final outcome, find us on BoardGameGeek, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to have your voice heard.
See the Social Achievement guide below to learn more about how you can make a difference and earn some awesome FREE stuff!
Whose side are you on in the Faction War? Vote on any of these sites...
If you are not on social media and still want to choose your side in the Faction War, you can VOTE HERE.
"My... identity – my life – was stripped from me. All I am left with now is vengeance."
– K.Y.Z.R "Omega Experiment"
You're Going to Need More Firepower!
Who doesn't need more firepower when caught standing in front of an 8 foot tall cyborg monstrosity with the intent to wear your skin like it's a new poncho? He's definitely not your friend!
Well look no further, we have you covered. Everything from acquiring more Mercenary goodness from The Battle Begins core game set to the awesome new K.Y.Z.R. "Omega Experiment" play mat [to scare the crap out of your opponent]!
How do Add-ons Work?
That's easy – simply adjust your pledge amount to cover the additional cost of the add-on. If the project is successfully funded, we will send you a survey at the end of the campaign in order for you to select the item or items you wish to receive based on your total pledge amount. If you have any questions, simply message us here or email us at email@example.com and we will be more than happy to assist.
Battle for Sularia is a 20-minute, science-fiction themed strategy card game with multiple play modes – 2 players head-to-head, 2-4 players draft, and 2+ players casual. Recommended ages 14 and up.
- Construction Point Values – Unique "60/90" deck construction system. Each card has a construction point value of 1 to 4 points. Each deck must have a minimum of 60 cards and a deck cannot exceed a total construction value of 90 points.
- Two-resource System – Engaging two-resource system which includes influence and sularium. Influence increases once per round, while each player uses their influence to establish sites on their turn to help build their sularium stockpiles. Sularium is used to deploy combatants, which are used to attack your opponent's sites.
- Round-based Game – Simultaneous combat! The game runs on a round-based system, which allows each player to complete their turn before the round is over.
- Art and Lore – In addition to our engaging game play, we've forged our own path in terms of game setting. This allows us to explore new content and visuals without restrictions, which in turn provides new players with a fresh start and removes the barrier of entry associated with older legacy games and stories.
- Multiple Play Modes – 2 players head-to-head competitive play, 4+ players faction war team play, 2+ players draft play, and 2+ players casual play modes like our fan favorite – Stronghold!
Turn Tutorial – Jesse Bergman
Full Game Playthrough – Jesse and John
- Blood, Profit, and Glory is the second project by Punch-It Entertainment and combines the original co-founders, Jesse Bergman and John Kimmel, with the game design talents of Matt Greenleaf, our new Senior Game Developer! With the successful launch and fulfillment of The Battle Begins, we feel confident that this expansion will build on that success and be delivered in a timely manner.
- This expansion uses a number of cards that were developed prior to the launch of The Battle Begins and was infused with the Battle Commander Backer cards from our first project! This means, that all cards in this expansion have been thoroughly play tested in thousands of play test sessions since August of 2015 and as far back as early 2014!
- However, arguably the most important reasons to back this project is that it is fun, engaging, and visually stunning! This expansion blows the lid off deck building options and with a successful campaign, will prepare players with advanced strategies that are to be implemented in our next two scheduled releases – both of which will be completely new factions!
- Not only does the game receive constant praise on the art and design, but beyond the visual aesthetics, have you checked out the lore? Holy cow! We highly encourage you to check it out when you have time. The co-founders laid the groundwork, but the fiction by our new Media Director and Senior Creative Writer, Matt Ochs, is freaking incredible!
- And lastly, this expansion is READY TO ROCK-AND-ROLL! The artwork is completed and done by all of our fan-favorite artists with even more kick-butt art! John Kimmel has returned as the graphic designer and Jesse Bergman continues with steering the ship, along with being diligent about keeping our cost of production and shipping under control. Speaking of shipping, check out our reliable and customs-friendly partner below!
We use Ship Naked, which is "Customs-Friendly Worldwide." That means it is EU-Friendly!
Here's what Ship Naked has to say on their site:
"EU-Friendly means that your packages will ship via a method that will minimize the expenses of customs, brokerage fees, and other expenses for the recipient in the European Union... as well as Canada-Friendly, USA-Friendly, Australia-Friendly, really just downright Friendly! "
The cost for domestic shipping is built into our Pledge Levels, so there are no additional domestic shipping costs! If you live outside the USA, please review the shipping chart below to find out your regions shipping cost.
Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing. You will not be charged for a pledge towards a project unless it reaches its funding goal. Once the funding goal is reached; creators, like us, will be given the funds to complete our project.
To pledge to our project, please make sure that you are logged in to your Kickstarter account. When you pledge your money to our project, you are known as backer of this project. In return for your pledge; we, as the creators of this project, offer you a reward based on the pledge level you choose.
- For example – If you pledge $15 [on New Recruit] to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the Blood, Profit, and Glory command pack, along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured. You may even get your reward before the project is in stores! Pledge levels typically vary from $1 to several hundred dollars. Each different level offers unique rewards. The full list of pledge levels and rewards can be seen on the right sidebar of this page.
To pledge to our project and become a backer, simply follow these 3 steps:
- Step 1 – Read through the pledge levels and rewards that are being offered in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2 – Then, click the large, green Back This Project button at the top of the page and to the right of the project video.
- Step 3 – Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. Once this short form is filled out, that’s it! You are now a backer – thank you!
After you've backed our project, we encourage you to share it with your friends on social media. Also, please be sure to like Battle for Sularia on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or Instagram for real time updates about this project and more!
- SUPPORT DRONE [Pledge $1 or more] – A show of support and keeps you up to date on what's happening with the Blood, Profit, and Glory Kickstarter.
- MERCENARY [Pledge $15 or more] – 1 copy of Battle for Sularia: Blood, Profit, and Glory.
- NEW RECRUIT [Pledge $35 or more] – 1 copy of Battle for Sularia: Blood, Profit, and Glory + 1 copy of The Battle Begins.
- WARLORD [Pledge $100 or more] – 2 copies of Blood, Profit, and Glory + 1 copy of The Battle Begins + 1 copy of K.Y.Z.R. "Omega Experiment" play mat + 3 tabloid size [17" x 11"] art prints [Lady Worgana "The Fang", Projectus Immunis, "Gunslinger" Johnny Cache] + 1 exclusive VIP Battle for Sularia Facebook closed group membership + 1 Mercenary card pack add-on included for FREE.
- CHAMPION [Pledge $250 or more] – Come play with us! A special game night with the developers in Lincoln, Nebraska. Autographing your Battle for Sularia gear on request + surprise limited edition promotional items given out during the party + WARLORD pledge level included.
- BATTLE COMMANDER [Pledge $500 or more] – Create a Card! Enjoy the extremely rare opportunity to work with our design team to create an original new card to be included in future expansions + CHAMPION pledge level included.
- Jesse Bergman – Proven business maker and relationship builder. Jesse is an avid gamer, and designer of Battle for Sularia. He is also the president and co-founder of Punch-It Entertainment.
- John Kimmel – Graphic design professor, old-school miniatures game junkie, and the creative force behind the world of Sularia. He is also the vice-president and co-founder of Punch-It Entertainment.
- Frank Hruby – Connection maker. Bringing together our networks with reviewers and industry insiders; not to mention the best local brewery finder on the planet. Frank is one of Battle for Sularia's original playtesters and is currently the senior market researcher at Punch-It Entertainment.
- Matthew Greenleaf – A recent transplant from the east coast. A long-standing TCG player, along with game designing experience under his belt, it only seemed natural to get Matt G on board as the game development director for Punch-It Entertainment.
- Matthew Ochs – Creative writer, another TCG die-hard, and skilled miniature painter and sculptor. He rounds out the Punch-It Entertainment team as our media director and senior creative writer. Matt O is big on building community and also leads a highly skilled playtester group in the Kansas City area.
Backers rock! To show our appreciation, we've supplied a number of backer badge options below for you use as an avatar on your social media of choice.
Is there a retailer in the house?
If you are a retailer, we would like to hear from you! Please email Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our retailer options – thank you!
Risks and challenges
This is our second Kickstarter project. We're doing our best to learn from our first experience and deliver an even smoother Kickstarter than before! Like with our first (and successfully fulfilled) Kickstarter, we have tried to minimize any risks and challenges by spending a significant amount of time reaching out for advice from industry professionals and individuals who have launched their own successful Kickstarter campaigns.
While there are always risks related to production, we have currently developed the Blood, Profit, and Glory expansion as much as possible. Game mechanics, graphic design, and illustrations for this expansion are complete. All stretch goals beyond the seventh target stretch goal may add a little more time on the production side, and we will do our best to mitigate any delays and communicate those details to our backers as soon as possible.
With that all in mind, upon successfully funding, we will be able to issue a purchase order within a very short amount of time to our printer and begin production! Items that are potentially out of our control are as follows: printing, overseas shipping, and custom delays. We will do our best to promptly respond to any questions or concerns our backers may have.
From all of us at Punch-It Entertainment – thank you!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (27 days)