Frequently Asked Questions
The book will have roughly between 226-250 pages based on the final editing, pictures, formatting, and GM additions. And although the pages are low, the content is not.
Within these pages will be contained every rule needed to play the game: character creation steps, player's guide, GM's guide, 8 Races, 8 Classes, as well as 5 spell trees and their subsequent spells.
Not only that as the book also contains Filidais' Book of Monsters, Myths, and Magic: a lore book that gives the GM and Players everything centered around the lore of Veil of the Void. From Monsters and Weapons to Deities and Organizations, everything is within this section!
So the Core Rulebook contains several books in one, giving the group absolutely everything needed in one place!Last updated:
The Veil of the Void system is a custom built D6 system. We have been designing and testing it for roughly 4 years now. The system is designed to be generic so that you can use them to make any setting or genre you want but it is defined enough to make wild creations easy!
Everything in this system is meant to encourage the outrageous ideas of the Players and GM while still giving the GM the proper rules to balance and create those ideas. The rules are carefully crafted to be bent and broken but still maintain guidance.Last updated:
The PDF is available everywhere (not just limited to the US).
The Book is currently limited to the US but after funding, it will be available outside of the US once published.Last updated:
Both the Hardback and Paperback will be fully printed in color.Last updated:
For the paperback it will be standard 60 lb. Matte lynx paper. The hardback will be 80 lb. White Titan gloss paper.Last updated:
The book is standard 8 1/2 x 11 in printing.Last updated:
Currently, our desired printing company is Gorham Printing as we did a test print with them and their books are amazing. The quality of each print is outstanding and will be perfect for each book we sell!Last updated:
• Human - Humans within the Veil are a diverse group of individuals, much like we are in our own universe. They are divided into Courts based on their specific talents. Based on the chosen Court (Court of Understanding, Court of Rivalry, Court of Arcana, and Court of Commonwealth), your character will gain different Virtue Points and abilities.
• Celestia - The Celestia are a group of outer-dimensional beings from the Celestial Realm. Their race is the answer to the question: "What if a star became a race?" Their bodies are like bottles that hold a swirling universe within them. When a Celestia is first spawned, the soul is formed with a goal that one of 4 greater Celestial beings implant within it. This goal helps guide Celestia throughout their journey, though it does not control the Celestia's decisions. During character creation you must choose which Celestial Being you descend from. Those Celestials are: Eridan Celestial of the Arcane, Drayka Father of Dragons, Orion Celestial of Gates, and Vela Celestial of Choice.
• Ellân - The Ellân are tall, muscular, warlike space "elves". They are honorable and strong-willed creatures. They are great in number and have the strongest army within the galaxy. Ellân are also blessed with being Ageless, though not immortal. Ellân typically live to be no more than 3,000 years old before their soul fades out of existence. An Ellân gains extra bonus skills and abilities based on age, but each age comes with a few disadvantages. They are also descendants of the Eilâran or the First Lights. Each bloodline has a special ability and role-playing aspect. Each Ellân is also born under a specific light cycle of Adareth: Sun, Moon, Arcane, or Twilight.
• Exiled - These beings are the memories of those who have passed on from this life. Some call them ghosts and for the most part they live up to that name. They all have an eerie green or blue glow about them and are partially transparent. Exiled are a great way to bring back a previous character that died or a character from another system. When they return to this world however they typically return without their full memory. This can be both a boon and a curse as it will allow the character to change class, but they could forget some important information of their past life. When creating an Exiled you choose which memory was implanted into this new being: A Determined Memory, Contemplative Memory, Jovial Memory, or Difficulty Memory.
• Korrian - The Korrians are a race of tall, four-armed, phoenix-born "forge-masters." They were originally crafted by Elohem using the dust of the ashen planet Aphara and the crushed feather of Paragon the Phoenix of the Flame. As such, they are able to summon and manipulate the essence of flame that resides in them. This gives them great ability to craft and forge items using this flame. They are born with one of 5 unique runes that determines what family they belong to: Brande Rune of Forging, Kenna Rune of Paragon, Aiende Rune of Passion, Ember Rune of Remains, Ardere Rune of Fire.
• Protatype - The Protatypes are a race of self-aware techno-organic robots. They take on many different shapes and sizes. Protatypes are also capable of transferring their soul into a techno-transferred chassis, negating the need for air, food, or oxygen however they will need to recharge once per day. Protatypes are their own race however other races have discovered how to transfer the soul of their race into a techno-transferred chassis, allowing you to create a Protatype of another race! During character creation you choose to upgrade one part of your character: Upgrade Software, Hardware, Servos, Logistics Core, or install an Arcane Replicator.
• Topikin - The Topikin are a race of plant-like creatures. They are very diverse and can be anything from a small flower creature, to a large tree creature! They can look more along the lines of a flower humanoid or a walking plant. They require no food, but they do need water and sunlight in order to survive. They are born during one of Adareth's four seasons: Xoret season of snow, Aviv season of spring, Bahyet season of summer, Yoreh season of rainfall, and Stav season of autumn.
• Reaper - Reapers are a group of inter-realm beings born within one of the 6 core realms that encircle the main universe. They are all uniquely designed based on which realm they are from. The one thing they all share in common is their Realmic weapon. These weapons take on many different shapes and sizes. At creation you choose which Realm your Reaper is from, each granting unique bonuses and abilities. There are currently 5 Realms available to choose from: Arcane, Order, Reflection, Shadow, and Truth.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question