Working to provide educational programming for children and families by encouraging free thought and open expression.
Help support educational programming at our new Psylodelic Gallery!
While constructing the Psylodelic Gallery, a museum that focuses on the music, art, culture, and literature of the Psychedelic era, we quickly realized that we had the ability to do so much more than display art--that we could make it. It is with these same ideals of free and creative expression that were so integral to the psychedelic movement, that we begin this project--a chance to inspire and foster life and art in a place that so desperately needs it. We are turning to you to help us in this endeavor, with your support, we will work to promote and improve arts education in our area and to continue to remind people just how influential the psychedelic era was and is to our world. Thank you for your time and interest in helping us turn a grain bin into a catalyst for change.
Though our displayed works will be ever-changing and evolving, the gallery will include installations like: show posters from some of the best-known acts of the decade, clothing and jewelry worn at events like Woodstock and on national television performances, original photographs and art prints, and much more.
One of our main goals in programming, however, is to include pieces from the community. This includes items that people may have in their own personal collections to loan to the Gallery, but also consists of audio and video recordings of experiences people had during the psychedelic era. We have worked to compile some of these stories already, and are continuing this process of building our "storyboard" fixture and a video wall of these recordings to be a permanent element here at the Psylodelic Gallery.
Our Proposed Programs:
Guest Lecturers and Speakers
- A series of events to take place at the Psylo, these presentations will include artists like Wes Wilson known for his Fillmore posters commissioned by Bill Graham, along with musicians, writers, and other influences from the psychedelic era.
- Our aim is for our patrons to experience an authentic point of view from the time and to shed a little more light on the pieces displayed at the Gallery.
Collaboration with Local Schools
- It is the intention of the gallery to collaborate with local schools and provide support for field trips and projects on the art, music, literature, clothing, and jewelry of the 1960's.
- This would also include contests for students like protest posters, photography, Art Nouveau style drawings, etc. to be be displayed at the Gallery with a monetary prize or scholarship for the winners.
"Found Art" Projects
- Allowing patrons to create their own unique pieces of art based on or using a piece from the gallery.
- Using a wide range of mediums, these workshops would incorporate unrelated or "found" items and turning them into pieces that reflect the era or one's own interpretation of psychedelia.
The VW Beetle
- Using the shell (just outer body and wheels) of an authentic 1960's Volkswagon Beetle, patrons would be encouraged to add their own flare to what has become known as a trademark of the era. This ever-changing piece would be a permanent feature of the grounds of the Gallery.
- The Psylodelic Gallery would provide any and all art supplies for this ongoing project.
- Films, concert footage, and a liquid light show that would take place at the Psylo for all age groups. These free events would be monthly or quarterly evening presentations that would be similar to our concerts here at the Ranch with food, parking, and seating available onsite.
Video and Audio Storyboards
- Patrons can record their own experiences from the 60's including stories from Woodstock, the Altamont Music Festival, protests, or simply what it was like to live in this area in the 1960's with all of the change fueled by the Psychedelic scene erupting around them.
- This will be a continuing project that patrons of the museum as well as people from all over the country will be encouraged to contribute to either by sending an audio clip or short video. Videos will be played on the media wall on the main floor of the gallery as well as compiled and shown as a movie for our "community nights".
- An audio wall or "storyboard" will also be available to showcase more of these authentic stories. The audio wall will also include recordings of concerts, interviews, and albums.
- A fully-functional photo booth to be placed in the gallery that will allow patrons to take photos of themselves as if they are in any number of places with specialized backgrounds like San Francisco, Woodstock, concerts at the Fillmore, peace rallies, and even onstage with their favorite Psychedelic bands among other options.
- These Photos will be displayed (with the permission of the patron) on the media wall in the gallery as well as being sent to the patron to keep.
- The photo booth also allow for patrons to film themselves or record their experiences right here at the Gallery
Psychedelic Non-Newtonian Liquid
- Using the beat of the songs and the combination of cornstarch, water, and food coloring over a plastic-wrapped speaker, this "non-newtonian" liquid transforms right before your eyes.
- This hands-on project really helps children and adults alike to not only connect to the music that shaped a generation, it allows them to turn it into a living sculpture.
- The Psylodelic Gallery is always looking to expand and create new projects and programs in order to help boost and support the arts and arts education in our area. Programs such as these, as well as many others will always be a part of the Psylodelic Gallery and the Fur Peace Ranch Center for Art and Culture as we look to further improve and bolster the arts in Southeast Ohio.
Embryonic Journey- Hot Tuna Live
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
One of the biggest challenges in this programming is simply reaching our audience. It is already clear that given the economic background of the area, that travel and awareness could present its own set of issues for our patrons.
Some solutions are already present in our proposed programming-- specifically in the collaborations with the community. By reaching out and taking the gallery to the people, our educational programs are certain to connect with our audience.
Other precautions to ensure the success of our programming would be through advertising and communication within the community--something that the Psylodelic Gallery has a unique advantage over because of the business that fuels it--The Fur Peace Ranch Center for Art and Culture. The Ranch provides the Gallery with a perfect platform for both public relations as well as an existing fan base to not only spread the word about the Gallery, but to bring new patrons in.
As a well-established contributor to the local art scene and community, The Fur Peace Ranch Center for Art and Culture has already proved itself as the leading source of art and music in the area, and plans to continue its positive impact with the Psylodelic Gallery.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
- First created · 0 backed
- Has not connected Facebook
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
Thank you for your support! We will be sure to thank you on our site as well!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
Thank you for your support! We invite you to explore the Psylodelic Gallery at no cost to you! (1 Free admission per pledge)Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
Pledge $40 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
Hot Tuna Live in Japan Signed poster!Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
26 backers Limited (24 left of 50)
With dozens to choose from, you will have the choice of any signed concert poster from our Company Store on furpeaceranch.com. From acts like Hot Tuna, G.E. Smith, Warren Haynes, and Steve Earle, there is a poster for every music lover. (This offer excludes our "Marquee" posters)Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
17 backers Limited (8 left of 25)
Be the coolest kid on the block with our brand new Psylodelic Gallery T-Shirt! Black, 100% cotton, and with our Psylodelic logo on the front, sizes range from Small to 3XL.Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
Pledge $125 or moreYou selected
2 backers All gone!
"The Best of Hot Tuna" Box set poster designed and signed by Grace Slick. Also signed by Jorma and Jack!Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
2 backers All gone!
T-shirt with an original Grace Slick White Rabbit design. Only one large and one extra large available.Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
Pledge $300 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
Jefferson Airplane Live at the Fillmore East signed Poster. Features signatures of all of the members of the band: Grace Slick, Paul Kantner, Jorma Kaukonen, Jack Casady, Marty Balin, and Spencer Dryden.Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
Pledge $500 or moreYou selected
1 backer Limited (9 left of 10)
Tired of the same old voicemail message? How does a Rock Star answering your phone sound? With this offer, Jorma will personally record a voicemail message for your home or cell phone.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or moreYou selected
2 backers Limited (3 left of 5)
2 Tickets to any Jorma Kaukonen Concert taking place in the continental United States along with a meet and greet after the show! (Not including shows at the Fur Peace Ranch Center for Art and Culture)Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
Pledge $5,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)
A rare find indeed! You could have one set (2) Season Tickets to the Fur Peace Ranch 2013 Concert Season. List of shows available at furpeaceranch.com.Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
Pledge $7,500 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
A 1-day private workshop with the man himself! Jorma will personally give you guitar lessons while you enjoy all that the Fur Peace Ranch Center for Art and Culture has to offer including the new Psylodelic Gallery! And that's not all...This will also include one, free of charge, weekend workshop at the Fur Peace Ranch as well as a one year subscription to Breakdownway.com (an online guitar tutorial) (Meals provided by the Ranch, transportation to the Ranch is your responsibility, expires Jan. 1st, 2015)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10,000 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
A private concert with Jorma for you and up to 19 of your closest friends, winner responsible for technical requirements. (Expires Jan. 1st, 2015) ***Just a hint, if you and your twenty buddies all pony up $500, you're in!***Estimated delivery:Ships within the US only
- (30 days)