Proper Cookie Dough: A New Kind of Dough | Powered By Plants
* OUR PRODUCT DOES NOT CONTAIN ALMONDS*
Vegan isn't just the absence of animal, it's the addition of plants..
By plant, we mean a plant-based cookie dough that is crafted with Fair-Trade, Organic & Non-GMO ingredients. We found that several of the cookies on the market were technically Vegan, but lacked the Proper nutrients and substance to be a great edible or bakeable replacement. So we created Proper, a dough powered by plants and all things clean. From the beginning every batch has been Allergen Free.. that means NO Gluten, Dairy, Corn, Soy, Nuts, Sesame, Trans Fat or Artificial Ingredients. And now we're pumping our dough full of Fiber and Protein to give you an even better Guilt-Free Cookie!
By helping fund our Kickstarter, you're helping us perfect our new formula without affecting the taste. You'll also be giving 32 million Americans a chance to eat something they never could before... a Proper cookie!
We greatly appreciate your support and Thank You for your consideration! - Brittania
Proper Cookie Dough | Powered By Plants
Our Goal - No matter your dietary restriction, lifestyle or palate; you can enjoy a Proper Cookie. 12 ounces of ooey-gooey, satiating deliciousness packed with all things good (Antioxidants, Superfoods, fiber, protein and chocolate). Enjoy all 4 flavors of our cookie dough, available in (12 cookies per jar): Chocolate Chipper, Snickerdoodle, Triple Chocolate and Sugar Cookie.
WHAT IS IN YOUR DOUGH?
We take our ingredients seriously and are working with food scientists and nutritionists to create the perfect plant-based cookie.
While our dough is currently in research/development and will be a modified version of our current ingredient list, we've decided that these ingredients take top priority:
Organic, Non-Gmo, Allergen Free..Always
- Sorghum Flour: It contains antioxidants like policosanols and a single serving of sorghum contains 48% of your recommended daily intake of Fiber.
- Oat Flour: Organic Oat Flour is rich in iron, zinc, and protein. It’s also a treasure chest of minerals and a good source of vitamins B1 and B3.
- Butterfly Pea Flower (dye): It is traditionally used for its anti-aging benefits in Southeast Asia. It is also known as a memory enhancer, rich source of antioxidants and known for eye health and hormonal support. It also contains Proanthocyanidins which enhance the collagen production of skin cells.
Ingredients currently in our dough: Brown/White Rice Flour, Guar Gum, Arrowroot Starch, Tapioca Starch, Coconut oil (refined to have NO ALLERGENS, also no 7S and 11S globulins)* Sustainable Palm Fruit Oil, Sunflower Oil, Baking Powder, Vegan Cane Sugar, Apples, Vanilla Extract and Sea Salt.
* We WILL NOT use Allergen Free Coconut Oil in Proper 2.0
Why We Decided To Go Allergen Free
- Researchers estimate that 32 million Americans have food allergies, including 5.6 million children under age 18. That’s one in 13 children, or roughly two in every classroom.
- About 40 percent of children with food allergies are allergic to more than one food.
After years spent in professional kitchens, we learned one thing; Americans are Allergic As Fudge. As we developed the Proper recipe, we noticed interesting things about what was already on the market. A LOT of the cookie doughs were only Bakeable or just edible, maybe Vegan but not Corn Free. And from our own experiences (with family members having food allergies), we knew that if you have one food allergy, you could have several more. It didn't make sense that with so many cookie options, there wasn't one that everyone could eat.
Help Us Grow
The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement were founded in part to target practices that threaten climate stability and ecosystem resilience. Both groups have determined that we require an agricultural revolution that is based in sustainable practices and implementation of system wide innovation.
Proper was created to have an impact on that food system and consumer's relationship with plant-based foods, specifically desserts. Our efforts will need a Kickstart of $10,000 to produce a sustainable recipe that's hard to compete with. WE DO NOT USE ALMONDS IN OUR DOUGH.
- The funds will help support our R&D and Commercialization efforts. We want to scale down our recipe and take out ingredients that may be adding too much sugar and sodium to it’s makeup. (see our current ingredient list below)
- Our biggest goal with a recipe development lab is to add at least 3g of Fiber and 3g of Protein without affecting the taste that won over our earliest customers.
- Funds will also be used for a logistics consultant to ensure that every order of cookie dough is delivered ice cold to your doorstep, at the lowest cost possible. This'll allow us to offer Nationwide shipping at affordable pricing and aid in our efforts to make Allergen-Free dough accessible for everyone.
Stretch Goals: If we surpass $10,000 in funding, we'll be able to explore new flavors with the help of our backers. We’ll also be several steps closer to getting Proper Cookie Dough in retail stores. That puts one more product on the shelf with sustainable sourcing and plant-based ingredients.
July 2018: Craving Dough. Start creating flavors in test kitchen.
August 2018: Host secret tasting event, friends approved. Test product at Omni Pop Up Market.
September 2018: 'Pilot' launch at Indie Flea @ Armature Works. Line out the door.
October 2018: Launch more flavors. Started doorstep delivery.
November/December 2018: Doorstep delivery didn't work; overwhelmed with orders.
January 2019: Revisit logistics, test Nationwide shipping. Sourcing alternative sugar suppliers.
March 2019: Kickstarter Launch.
July/August 2019: New Recipe Formulation solidified.
September 2019: Fulfill Kickstarter Orders. Nationwide Shipping 😎
Risks and challenges
There are always risks: miscalculation of costs, production waste, logistics etc. But we are taking measures to minimize these risks. We have a team of individuals helping us source some of the best consultants in logistics, nutrition, and commercialization. We promise to be transparent throughout the campaign to deliver a cookie you'll be satisfied with.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)