Stranded will be a fan film by DotSwoof.com and Undefined Shorts, set in the Gears of War universe created by
Epic Games. DotSwoof.com is a website that creates dark slapstick
comedy, including the Gears of War machinima Out of Service and the
webcomic Optical Overload.
This will be the biggest production we have worked on to this day, with over 50 actors and extras, the highest quality audio and video, and top of the line CG effects.
The film takes place after the sinking of Jacinto and will focus on the lives of the Stranded and their relationship with the COG army. The film starts with the COG showing up at a Stranded camp attempting to recruit soldiers to fight against the Locust.
100% of our budget will go towards film production and post-production costs, including:
- Transportation - The film crew will be traveling from North Carolina, New Jersey, Indiana, and Pennsylvania to the set in Columbus, Ohio, and gas is kind of expensive.
- Food and Drink - We will be keeping people on the film’s set happy by providing food and drink, which means providing food for over 50 people, includeing actors, extras, and our film crew.
- Costumes - The pieces for our COG costumes can be pretty expensive, not to mention that we will need to put together around 50 Stranded outfits.
- Set - We will be renting out a warehouse for the film’s production that will need to be transformed into a living, breathing Stranded community, which we’ll be filling with tents, plywood, and other props to make the Gears of War universe come to life.
- Sound Equipment - We want to not only have the best looking video, but also the audio quality to match.
- Post-Production Editing - To get the film ready to be shown in Seattle, WA at PAX Prime 2011 (Penny Arcade Expo), many hours will need to be dedicated to video and audio editing to make the perfect film.
Any extra funds will be able to provide better accommodations for our actors, as well as help us spread the word of the project.
- (14 days)