Playable Project Giana Levels!
Grab them on our Project Giana site!
What? You’re still here? Why? Oh, right – here are a few tips:
- The first of the two levels is from the early game and will ease you into the controls. The second one is from the late middle game and should provide a decent challenge.
- If you’re a fan of Chris or MaSu, but not both, you can adjust the soundtrack in the options menu.
- Use a gamepad if you can. The game will play a lot more fluidly.
We’re using an Xbox controller as a reference here, but any XInput-compatible controller will work.
You’re still reading this? OK, here are some disclaimers:
- THE GAME DOESN'T RUN ON WIN XP YET! We're very sorry - you'll need Vista or Win7 to run the demo...
- The preview levels are pre-beta and haven’t been tested for compatibility yet. You might experience technical difficulties. If you do, please leave a post in the bug report section of our forums.
- DX9 support is still shaky. If you can, we recommend running the game on DX10 or DX11.
- Performance hasn’t been fully optimized yet. You may experience some slowdown on some machines.
- The music is still a work in progress. Especially the transitions will have been improved significantly in the final version.
And known issues:
Installation & Launcher Issues:
- It can happen that the installer takes quite a while to finish the installation. Normally this happens during the DirectX Installation. We didn’t experience a case where it totally crashed – it just took quite a while (e.g., on a pretty old machine under Vista it took almost 30 mins).
- If you use the “Send” Button after finishing the game to help us with your playthrough data, and then close the launcher, it might take a few seconds before you can start the launcher again (that’s the time in which the launcher is actually still running and sending us the data). If it still doesn’t work after several seconds, it might be that you'll have to end the process manually with your task manager.
DirectX 9 Issues:
- If you are using DirectX9, you'll have to make sure that the game settings for your screen resolution and ratio match the actual resolution of your monitor. Otherwise you'll get an error message for your configuration on startup.
- If you are using a second screen, the game may launch on that.
- It occasionally happens that some graphics card under DirectX9 have problems with our graphics. If you get weird white flickering – that’s not a graphic feature. Sadly, it’s a bug.
Haunted Swamp Issues:
- It's possible to cause moving platforms at the end of the level to be out of sync. This shouldn't affect your playthrough.
- There is one point in the level where you can jump into a tree and get stuck. However, you can simply jump out of it again (just jump, don’t dash).