We’ve just broken 70k with well over 1,700 of you hexcellent heroes! Our goal is so close we can almost taste it! Gear up for a big, late-night update because here it comes.
The Banjo-Kazooie livestream went swimmingly, by the way. Mario was able to collect 75 jiggies in 5 hours and even continued playing for another 3 hours. If you’re up to the challenge, that means an increase in your pledge of $7 is in order.
It was such a blast to stream to you guys, that he’ll be doing it again later today (in less than 10 hours)! From 12pm - 5pm PST, he’ll be streaming his favorite SNES game, Donkey Kong Country 2 and doing his best to 100% complete it in that time!
Check it out here tomorrow: http://www.twitch.tv/wrackune/
Answering Some Questions
A lot of good questions were fielded during the Livestream. Here's a few of the answers:
- Pledging at the $45/50 tier will net you 2 codes of the game (mix and match PC and Wii U if you want), both of which will have the rewards like backer bases, wacky game settings, etc applied to them
- We'll be holding votes to decide the look of the poster and shirt rewards as we come up with them
- At the $50 tier, the caveat that the reward only ships in the U.S. is a mistake. Kickstarter doesn't allow you to edit reward tiers after someone has accepted the reward.
What question did that last answer pertain to? This one.
More Stretch Goals? More Stretch Goals.
We’re super excited about nearing our goal, that it’s time to unveil the final group of stretch goals! If the campaign is a success, we'll be making Paypal an option on our site where we can continue to raise money and reach stretch goals - we'll also be honoring reward tiers all the same!
Map Maker and Sharing
The tools to create and share your own worlds! Make impossible gauntlets or peaceful meadows. Once you’re done with your masterpiece, share it with the world!
Extras and Bonuses!
- Online Leaderboards: Are you boasting the fastest time to seal all the hexes in your neighborhood? Did you slay 1,000 enemies in Horde Mode? Share your accomplishments in the online leaderboards.
- Music Player: Dig those crazy Kirkhope tunes in-game, jukebox style!
- Developer Commentary: Listen to us talk about our labor of love. We’ll share stories and trade some laughs. It’ll be like a developer sleepover!
- Collectible trophies (a la Smash Bros., including a “backers” trophy featuring all our in-game backers), secrets, easter eggs, and more!
Not only will bosses unlike anything you’ve ever seen before be added to the campaign, but after beating the game you'll unlock Boss Rush Mode where you’ll be able to test your boss slaying mettle!
Also in its final hours is the fantasy puzzle RPG, Apexicon, coming to PC, mobile, and Wii U! Having just met its goal a few days ago, the developers at Actos Games are looking to add new sidequests, multiplayer, and more.
Apexicon is influenced by Puzzle Quest but adds letters to its matching mechanic. The gameplay is turn-based, and like many RPGs you can purchase and upgrade items and special abilities. We're excited to add another kind of genre mashup to our library.
We can’t express how excited you’ve all made us and how grateful we are. We’re going to try really hard to get some sleep tonight. It’s going to be an intense final day. Finally, we had gotten some requests for what the special bases would look like in game - here’s a preview!
The time for resting is almost upon us - but not yet. Spread the world to all you know in every way you can in these final hours!