About this project
Pushed to the brink by pervy medieval blacksmiths and sweaty basement dwellers alike, killing monsters is the easy part - now the Glamazons must face their most difficult challenge - finding female armor that is actually functional! Help our intrepid heroes smash, bash and crash through goblin heads, dragon hearts and the male gaze alike; then stare each other down in a battle of wills for who gets the spoils!
The Kickstarter campaign may be finished, but that doesn't mean you can't still get in on all the monster murdering dress up action! Just head over to the Prettiest Princess Games website and get ready to shred! If you want to keep up with any other projects we have coming up, sign up for the PPG digital gossip column too!
The goal of Glamazons vs. The Curse of the Chainmail Bikini is to be the first to collect a full set of properly protective armor to cover your paperdoll character mat. Crafted from the corpses of iconic monsters you've killed, each piece of armor in the game is unique and thematically tied to the creature it's made from. These pieces of armor are represented by reusable vinyl stickers which you get to play dress up with! But each dead monster only has enough raw materials to make a single piece of armor, and you'll have to figure out who gets credit for the kill - you or your "Best Friend."
The game features amazing original artwork from world renowned pinup artist Joe Capobianco, so along with its social commentary you can have your (cheese)cake and eat it too! Joe has completed a few of the pieces so far and is continuing to work on more as the campaign goes on, we’ll keep posting more artwork so be on the lookout!
Gameplay features a boiled-down bluffing system that puts the focus squarely on social interaction. The tension of trying to catch your Best Friend in a stone cold lie while you stare across the table looking for the slightest betraying twitch is the heart that beats strong within this game. You have no one to blame but yourself if you get stuck picking out glitter wedgies while the winner gets to go adventure in fabulous-yet-practical Glamazon style!
Want to know more about how to play Glamazons vs The Curse of the Chainmail Bikini? Check out the preview rules PDF (link) and watch this How to Play video:
We’ve playtested the game a ton, including showing it off at Origins & GenCon. We've gotten feedback from some of the biggest names in hobby gaming, and finalized a ruleset that we’re super stoked about. Now we need your help!
- Player Mats - 6
- Reusable Vinyl Sticker Armor Sets - 7
- Monster Hunt Cards - 35
- Attack Cards - 48
- Best Friend Cards - 12
With your support we can add some fun extras too!
“This is a game where people and personalities are what drives gameplay while rules do the wonderful thing of slipping into the background.” - Josh Look, Fortress: AT
“There's enough game here to enjoy it entirely sober with the right group and it will surely kick ass as a beer and pretzels game. (Okay, okay, Hard Liquor & Tacos rather… this is from Matt Loter after all) If this doesn't collect numerous most innovative game nominations I'll eat my displacer beast hat.” - Dante Amor, A Dude on the Internet
"My time with the game was fun, and mechanically, it reminded me of a light version of Cosmic Encounter with a radically awesome new take on the fantasy genre. I highly recommend it to anyone that likes friendship, feminism, life, games, and fun." - Jeffrey Norman Bourbeau, Power to the Meeple
Matt stripped Cosmic Encounter to the absolute bare essentials, then took what is ultimately a vicious, very masculine game and glittered the hell out of it. - Frank Branham, Game Designer & Publisher
Interview with Matt on All Us Geeks - The Game of Crowdfunding
Interview with Matt on The Little Metal Dog Show
Interview with Matt on Power to the Meeple
Preview Video Interview with W. Eric Martin of Boardgame Geek News at GenCon:
Two big things: 1. We don’t have $15k lying around 2. We want to publish Glamazons ourselves. We’ve been in and around the industry for a while and we're ready to take our vision of Glamazons directly to the masses. Kickstarter allows us to connect directly with gamers and collectively bring Glamazons into existence. We’ve turned down offers from other publishers to sign the game because through the power of the Kickstarter community, we are able to create and produce exactly the game we want. Only with your support and trust can we be 100% sure Glamazons will be perfect!
Still not sure you're ready to commit? Come along with Matt & Greg in this informative film to learn more about the plight facing the Glamazons!
We have a bunch of great stuff available beyond just getting a copy of the game, check it out!
- $1 - “Best Friends” - Matt will give you the best hug or high five of your life, seriously, this will ruin all subsequent hugs and high fives for you, so pledge carefully! You can redeem it anytime you see him. Limit: infinity per backer.
- $5 - Print and Play - By popular demand! You’ll get the print and play files for the base game, sent to you as PDFs when the physical game ships. If you want it early, you gotta get in on the $40 level.
- $25 - The Game - One copy of Glamazons vs The Curse of the Chainmail Bikini. Includes shipping to the US!
- $40 - Exclusive Kickstarter Glamazons Experience - In addition to a copy of the game, the Best Friends deck is all foil! You'll also become a part of the playtesting team for future Glamazons expansions. And you'll get a set of Print & Play files as soon as they are finalized, so you don't need to wait for production to start playing! This is an exclusive package only offered this one time to KS backers.
- $100 - Name a Monster - You’ll get to name a monster; Bird Bear Burt? Grubbly the Goblin? Her Royal Highness Esmeralda von Gelatinous Cube? All 35 monsters are up for grabs. Name is subject to PPG approval but we’re pretty loose about things. You’ll also get a signed copy of your monster card. Includes the game.
- $100 - Princess Party Crew - VIP access to the PPG party at GenCon 2014, exclusive PPG party crew shirt and Matt will happily go drinking with you pretty much whenever for the rest of time. Also includes the game!
- $300 - Name a Glamazon, Custom Sketch - Name is subject to PPG approval but we’re pretty loose about things. You’ll also get a custom one-of-a-kind Joe Capobianco pencil sketch of your Glamazon. We’ll put it in a nice little frame along with a signed player mat. Also includes the game!
- $900 - Be a Glamazon - Joe will use your photos to create the artwork for one of the Glamazons in the game. You’ll also get to name her. You’ll also get a custom one-of-a-kind Joe Capobianco pencil sketch of your Glamazon.This is subject to PPG approval and we’ll need a signed model release form, so no trying to get us to use your secret crush or a celebrity! Also includes the game!
- $5000 - Tattoo Party with Joe & Matt - Joe will tattoo one of the Glamazons on you when you come to spend the weekend with us in New Haven. We’ll pay for everything (except your travel here). Joe will do a full-day sitting for you to get your tattoo done and we’ll spend the rest of the time eating, drinking and being very merry. Maybe we’ll have a BBQ? Maybe we’ll go dancing? Maybe we’ll play four games of TI3 back to back? You can even bring along a friend - though they won’t be getting the rad tattoo. Also includes the game!
Shirt Add On!
We have a few righteous things in mind but frankly, if we designed it and think it’s awesome, it’s already in the game. That said, there are a few things we think add to the Glamazons experience, but we can only afford to include if we make some additional money to do a bigger initial print run. All of these stretch goals will be included in every copy of the game, backed at any level that gets you one unless otherwise noted.
15.5k - Active player marker - sometimes late at night when you've been drinking, it’s hard enough to remember your name, let alone whose turn it is. This will help.
16.5k - A full reusable vinyl sticker sheet of accessories - weapons and familiars to coordinate with your fabulous armor! These have no mechanical use in the game but are a ton of fun to help dress yourself up in the most glamorous way possible. As the campaign goes on, we’ll be asking our backers for ideas of the sort of things you want to see (Huge swords? Tiny daggers? Adorable toads?) and then polling backers to make the final list.
We have also been working on a couple of expansions, which we'll be ready to launch if we hit some higher stretch goals. We have plans for more monsters, more players, alternative art, and have even been working on an advanced ruleset with unique powers! Let us know what you'd most like to see next!
Matt Loter is Chief Princess Officer of Prettiest Princess Games and the designer of Glamazons vs The Curse of the Chainmail Bikini. He's spent most of the last decade taking on a wide variety of roles in the hobby gaming industry including playtesting, development, marketing, sales, journalism and even manufacturing. Now, after years of working with and for some of the biggest names in hobby publishing, he’s ready to claim his crown as the Prettiest Princess in game publishing!
Joe Capobianco is a refined artist in the field of airbrushing and tattooing. For over 20 years Joe has utilized various techniques and mediums in order to create some of the most fascinating pinup style pieces, resembling those of the late 1950s with an added modern flair. Known as the "Capo Gal", this style has directly correlated to his tattoo work, winning him numerous awards throughout prestigious tattooing events time and time again.
Joe opened Hope Gallery in New Haven, CT in 2003 and has since released 4 books, 2 full length DVDs, his own custom "Brickhouse" coil tattoo machine, the "Betty" rotary tattoo machine, a series of Easy Glow Tattoo Pigments, a limited edition vinyl toy, and countless prints and original works. Joe is also the head judge on Oxygen Networks hit TV show - BEST INK.
We're also participating in Kicking it Forward. It's a rad project where we pledge to give back 5% of our profit to other Kickstarter projects. We have a great community here and we're proud to be a part of it as both creators and backers!
Risks and challenges
Even though I have years of experience helping and working with/for some of the biggest publishers in hobby gaming and even worked in game manufacturing for a brief time, this is the first time I've been the head princess in charge so I'm expecting that some things might go a little wrong here and there. I've done the math and checked it way more than twice though, so while I may wish I added a new cool reward or named something better, I'm confident that the project will deliver relatively on time, be totally awesome and I won't have to get a second mortgage to pay for European shipping!
We'll be printing the game with Panda Game Manufacturing, one of the best in the industry, so I'm 100% sure that our end result will be perfect quality.
The art isn't all finished yet so in theory Joe's hands could get eaten by a bear or something in which case we'd need to bring someone else on but otherwise, everything is in the bag.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
All the higher pledge levels that come with a copy of the game will come with the exclusive Kickstarter version with the foil Best Friends deck. If you like us enough to want to name a Glamazon or get some original art, you can rest assured that you'll get hooked up with the swankiest version of the game we do!
Support this project
- (29 days)