By now most of you have received their kit (we are still missing the address for a few backers to ship their packet). People have started using the system and we already received feedback from multiple backers, which is very valuable for us!
For some people, the system worked great from the start. One backer actually ordered 100 units more after its tests! For some other backers, however, running some of the examples was less successful. We're hoping to solve this quickly. The reason for these mixed results may have something to do with the anchor auto-calibration, which is used by default in the ready-to-localize example. However, the performance of the auto-calibration depends a lot on the anchor positions. And if the anchors are ill-positioned, so will be the tag. We have updated the examples so it explains how to manually insert the anchor positions in case the auto-calibration doesn't give the desired result.
At this point we have also made various improvements so the Pozyx system is easy to work with. Here's a list of what has changed:
- Improvements to the Pozyx Arduino library on github and a completely new interactive library documentation.
- Placed the Processing sketches on github for the visualization of the positioning and motion data.
- Improved the search function on the website so you can quickly find what you are looking for.
- Added small examples for each register at the register overview.
- Various improvements and clarifications to the tutorials.
- Added unit tests for the platform specific functions so the Pozyx library can be ported more confidently to other platforms.
We are hoping these improvements make it easier to get the system working for everyone. At the same time, we're also working on an update of the firmware which we hope to release next month. More on this in the next update.
To conclude, we have been working hard to get everything done, but we enjoy it a lot. Preparing everything for shipment turned out to be much more time consuming than we initially thought and we apologize for the delay. You may have guessed it, but we are ready for some reinforcements for our team! Hopefully, more on that as well in our next update!
If the documentation doesn't help you with your pozyx devices, please email email@example.com and we'll help you out. We have been a bit behind on support emails lately but we're organizing ourselves (with a little help from helpscout) to answer all our emails.
The pozyx team.