The human head weighs about a dozen pounds. But as the neck bends forward and down, the weight on the cervical spine begins to increase. At a 15-degree angle, this weight is about 27 pounds, at 30 degrees it’s 40 pounds, at 45 degrees it’s 49 pounds, and at 60 degrees it’s 60 pounds.
- chronic headaches
- upper back pain
- shoulder pain
- neck pain
- increased curvature of the spine.
Prevention is key and the PowerUp Pillow can help alleviate the strain on your neck while you rest comfortably and text away on a fully charged phone.
The PowerUp Pillow is perfect for trains, buses, airplanes, in the car, at the office, at home, on the couch, even in bed for those Facebook addicts that just can't put it away. Also great for gaming and to relieve gaming fatigue. The PowerUp Pillow can even charge your video game wireless controller while gaming comfortably!
- Convenience of having a comfortable traveling neck pillow and portable mobile device charger, all-in-one
- Never run out of power on your handheld mobile device
- Not just for travel, portable charging capability wherever you go
- Convenience of removing the power bank to be also used solely as a portable charging device.
- Convenience of removing and replacing power bank with a higher capacity power bank if needed.
- Convenience of removing the fabric cover for washing and to replace with customized fabric covers.
- Relax comfortably anywhere while charging your mobile device
- Charge your mobile device anywhere or anytime
- Travel comfortably with a fully charged mobile device
- Capable of charging three different mobile devices at a time with our 3-in-1 charging cable (iPhone 4, iPhone 5/6 and Android/Samsung smartphones)
- No need to stay by an outlet to charge your mobile device
- Ability to game comfortably while charging your wireless controller or mobile device
- Relieve the strain from viewing and texting on your mobile device
- Provide stability to your neck and head while texting or viewing your handheld mobile device
What's In The PowerUp Pillow:
The PowerUp Pillow will be made of a high quality memory foam material insert with a sleek, removable, washable fabric cover, a custom built-in charger with a micro USB port, to charge your PowerUp Pillow, and a standard USB port to connect your 3-in-1 charging cord which will support and charge your iPhone 4, iPhone 5/6 and Samsung/Android smartphones. The battery would be a Li-polymer battery cell with a high capacity of 5000mAh to 12000mAh, giving you up to a full battery charge on your mobile device. The PowerUp Pillow will be compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 5/6 and Android smartphones. Optional kits would also be available that would include the PowerUp Pillow with built-in charger, additional 3-in-1 charging cable, earbuds, stylus, case with screen protector and a micro fiber phone cleaner.
The PowerUp PIllow will have the option of a removable or stationary power bank for those days that you don't need to travel with a pillow but still need a portable charger for your mobile device. Also this option allows for upgrades to larger capacity power banks and replacement of power banks if the need should arise.
The materials of the PowerUp Pillow will not be limited to memory foam and may be constructed of a preferred material. The fabric cover will not be limited to a certain fabric and can be constructed of a preferred material . The portable power bank will not be limited to Li-Polymer and can be constructed of a Li-Polymer or Li-Ion battery cell. Placement of the power bank will also not be limited as well as number of power banks and number of ports. This would all be according to the users preferences, needs and customizable wants.
- 2500-4000mAh lithium-polymer battery power bank
- Charges devices powered by USB
- High-quality (Grade A) lithium-polymer battery cells
- Single or Dual USB 5V output ports
- 2-8 hour charge time at 5V, 1A
- LED charge indicator lights
For now we are in the development and prototyping stage. We have an initial, fully functional prototype in phase 1. Next we will move onto phase 2 and 3, prototyping. Once we land the perfect prototype we can test for FCC certification and UL listing. Safety is our highest priority and the first thing we will do is make sure the PowerUp Pillow is certified by the FCC and UL listed. Once approved, we can begin to get these into production. Production should begin around late May or early June 2015. Final fulfillment will be around October 2015 for delivery in Late November/ Early December 2015, right before the holidays
Production and Fulfillment Schedule:
- Initial prototype phase 1 (completed)
- Development and prototyping stage; prototype phase 2 and 3 (March/April 2015)
- Production (Late May/Early June 2015)
- Fulfillment (October 2015)
- Delivery of rewards (Late November/Early December 2015; right in time for the holidays)
Once funded, your backing dollars will go towards:
- Testing for TSA and FCC approvals
- Full Patents, currently Patent Pending
- UL Certification
- Miscellaneous Certifications
What has been completed:
- We have filed for patent and trademark protection
- Funded an initial prototype
- Launched this wonderful Kickstarter page that you are currently viewing
While I was sitting on the train for my daily commute, my neck, back and head began hurting. I realized, from spending an hour on the train texting, viewing emails and surfing on the internet, that this awkward position I was putting myself in, was causing the pain in my neck, back and head. One day I decided to buy a neck pillow. After spending a few days using the neck pillow, while texting and viewing on my phone, the pain in my neck, back and head had gone away. If you're like me, you can't live without your cell phone, texting and surfing on the web through your phone or portable handheld device. The only thing that I needed was someway to charge my phone, on the go, while my neck and head rested comfortably and stable. Since I had the neck pillow, I figured I would couple it with a portable power bank charger and my iPhone charging cord. Just then, I realized the potential of the PowerUp Pillow.
A Corona, Inventor
P. Huitron, Designer
In the near future, we would like to be able to customize the PowerUp Pillows with different patterns, styles and shapes. As well as use higher grade material such as Tempur-Pedic memory foam.
Eventually moving into the licensing of college teams as well as NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS and NFL, etc...
...and sleeker designer style PowerUp Pillows
Of course the PowerUp Pillow would be adult and kid friendly...
The PowerUp Pillow is also great for gaming and gaming fatigue
The PowerUp Pillow would be a great gift for anyone for any holiday!
The key in this innovative product is the portable charging capability and comfort, all-in-one!
So how about you join us and become a backer and we'll back YOU with our PowerUp Pillow!
Thank you so much for your support!http://powerup-pillow.com
Risks and challenges
The only risk I see here is for the PowerUp Pillow to not be funded by all the great people on Kickstarter!
But seriously, with every project there are challenges. Licensing would be the most difficult challenge, getting college and professional teams that would be willing to license out their names and logos but I am sure with the success of this campaign, these future clients will see the value and importance of what we want to accomplish along with what a great investment the PowerUp Pillow is.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (50 days)