As a father of two small girls, physician, and educator, I felt the need to write an empowering Children's Book series featuring close to 100 girls-only-in-lead-roles based on real-life examples of true superhero girls.
Despite life's biggest challenges and with their sheer Grit to pursue what they love, they broke professional-educational ceilings along the way and became America's "First Women To ...", powerful CEOs, and Nobel Prize winners.
Originally, I only meant to write these stories and present them privately to my own daughters as birthday gifts.
But after sharing what I was working on with our friends & family and repeatedly hearing "Wow,.. That's great. We'd love to have those for our kids. Can we have a copy when it's done?", I decided to expand my gift-in-progress and make it available to all parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.
- Little Girls & Nobel Prizes: America's Girl Power highlights the lives, struggles, as well as educational & professional achievements of all female Nobel laureates from America.
- Little Girls Powerful CEOs: From Role-Play to Real-Life highlights the same for some of the most influential female CEOs shaping America and the world.
- Little Girls Powerful Women: How Girls Break Ceilings introduces our young readers to, and celebrates, those who became America’s “First Women to…”.
Parents are encouraged to read these books together with their daughters and sons, especially Little Girls Powerful Women (LGPW).
The LGPW book gently skims the surface of the complex and sensitive issues that each girl had to overcome before becoming America’s “First Woman to…” and provides an opportunity for all parents to educate their young ones based on the appropriate maturity level as they wish.
All are Based on True Stories of little girls who against all odds, and during a time when women, African Americans, immigrant Americans, and other minorities were more marginalized than they are today, nevertheless persisted with their sheer Grit to pursue what they love, and along the way shattered all sorts of ceilings, and became America's "First Woman To ..."
- From silently being rejected by educational institutions & employers ...to overt gender inequalities and racial discriminations,
- From escaping the South in the Great Migration ...to escaping war-ravaged Europe during both World Wars,
- From growing up in low-income public-housing projects ...to suffering physical disabilities,
- From growing up in broken homes ...to being first-generation immigrants,
- From being orphaned at an early age ...to being adopted,..
All three titles empower today's children with "If they can do it, I can do it!” mentality as they get a behind-the-scenes look at these real-life superheroines. The empowering message through these real-life examples will make the young readers ever more persistent in pursuing their own educational, professional, and personal dreams.
The books collectively profile close to 100 stories, complimented with colorful pictures of each, and is written at grade school level (ages 9-12).
Thank you for empowering the next generation of:
- Powerful Women
- Nobel laureates
- Leaders & Policy Makers
- Senators & Governors
- Supreme Court justices
- Military Generals
- Police Commissioners
- Politicians & Diplomats
- Attorneys General
- and the next President of the United States!
Those future leaders are the very same little ones of today who run to us with teary eyes when they get hurt and get tucked-in by us every night. We all know too well, the books our children read in their impressionable years, impact who they will be in the future.
So, let’s raise them well, and read empowering books with our children. "You educate an adult, you educate a person... You educate a child, you educate the future!"
Please note: I don't need financial support to bring these books to publication. In fact, the associated expenses (which are greater than the stated goal on this campaign) have already been paid for. This Kickstarter campaign is to get parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents involved and raise awareness to empower our little girls, ...and for the boys to learn that women can do just as well as the men.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Risks and challenges
Step 1: Completed - The manuscripts for all books including research for historical accuracy.
Step 2: Editing series (Line Editing, Copy Editing, and Custom Interior design). This step is almost done as of the start of Kickstarter campaign.
Step 3: Revisions (if necessary).
Step 4: Receive Author's Copy and start mailing out the books to backers (including signing the books and writing personalized massages to selected backers accordingly).Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)