BetHero: Social betting on sport (Canceled)
BetHero: Social betting on sport (Canceled)
Social betting on sport. Play against your friends to win. It's outrageously competitive. Have you got what it takes to be a BetHero?
Social betting on sport. Play against your friends to win. It's outrageously competitive. Have you got what it takes to be a BetHero? Read more
About this project
A Short Summary (for those who don't like reading):
Our small but wonderfully formed team - Alex, Mike, Shaun & Dave - have worked their socks off to build you BetHero: Brazil 2014:
Available in the App Store now! (Android coming soon)
But we don't want to stop there. We are raising money on Kickstarter to build you the next BetHero game for football and other popular sports. Using our unique and hugely popular social betting format developed for BetHero: Brazil 2014, you'll now be able to bet on a whole range of sports with your friends. The rules will be tweaked to fit with a weekly betting format, but all the features you love will remain: betting against friends, predictions using BetCoins and winning points & badges.
People love predicting the winner of sports events with their friends and family. But it shouldn't be expensive and complicated. It should be fun and sociable.
BetHero offers a revolutionary social betting experience without the financial downside.
Use BetCoins (our virtual currency) to predict the winner of each match. See if you can outsmart your friends. Win points & badges for getting your bets right. Try to win the most points in your circle of friends. Download to your mobile and play anywhere. It's outrageously competitive. Have you got what it takes to be a BetHero?
BetHero: Brazil 2014 (First Game - Out Now)
Our first game BetHero: Brazil 2014, launched in to the app store for the World Cup in June 2014. We have self-funded this project since January 2014 (thank you Amex and BarclayCard).
Social betting on the football in Brazil this summer. Play against your friends to win. It's outrageously competitive. Have you got what it takes to be a BetHero?
Carefully crafted and beautifully designed to get the most out of watching football with your friends. A totally unique game of strategy, guts and friendly rivalry.
Made specifically for Brazil 2014. It’s free to play. Get rid of those complicated spreadsheets, email-based sweepstakes or selecting a country out of a hat. BetHero is built for the 21st century. It's very simple to use. Use BetCoins to predict the winner of each match. See if you can outsmart your friends. Win points & badges for getting your bets right. Try to win the most points in your circle of friends. The winner gets a prize set by your friends. Download to your mobile and play anywhere. All the drama of the greatest football tournament on earth, enjoyed together.
Have you got what it takes to be a BetHero?
- Bet on the football matches in Brazil using BetCoins (our virtual currency)
- Play against your friends
- Set a prize for the winner in your circle of friends
- Win points and badges specially designed for BetHero: Brazil 2014
Funding Request for New Game:
Our Kickstarter campaign for £5,000 will allow the team to design, build and launch the next BetHero game in September 2014. As part of the reward to supporters we will provide early access to the new game.
We love making your mobile more fun to use. We've all worked in technology since we left Uni. Having worked on previous projects together, we decided to start BetHero in early 2014. It's all about the team. Completely self-funded to date (thanks Amex & BarclayCard), we've been based out of a converted bull barn just south of London. One of the team, Shaun, is based in North Carolina, USA. As the image above shows, Google Hangout conference calls can get quite weird. We've probably spent over 100 hours on Skype/Hangouts with Shaun, but never actually met in real life. We are the product of the internet revolution!
Alex Powell - Product and Marketing Hero (worked for Sky & co-founded other media start ups).
Shaun Peoples - App Hero (worked at EA Games, now works for Ndemic Creations - creators of Plague who have sold +25million app downloads world-wide).
Dave Taverner - Mobile Hero (works for GSMA - the global association of mobile technology companies).
Risks and challenges
The two biggest risks and challenges we face are skills and timelines. We have put in place measures to ensure we will overcome them:
1. Skills - BetHero is built using 2 frameworks. Typesafe and Unity. Typesafe uses a language called Scala. It's a bit like Sanskrit. It's very complicated but extremely effective when used properly. Unlike Sanskrit, it's at the cutting edge of technology. We have the skills in house to write in this language. Unity is a framework that allows us to develop BetHero for both Apple and Google (iPhones and Androids). Again, we have the skills in house to use this framework.
2. Timelines. As with so many technology projects, timelines are often uncertain. This is usually because you can only estimate solving the problems you encounter as you run in to the problems. It might sound great on paper, but until you start building there's always an element of risk. We have overcome this issue by already building BetHero: Brazil 2014. This has allowed us to understand how to solve the problems to overcome building the next BetHero game and given us confidence in our timelines to deliver the next game for September.
The only thing we need now... is your help!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (43 days)