In the last month, a lot of new features have been released for your Portal! This list includes:
- Range improvements in both 5GHz and 2.4GHz
- View attached devices
- DHCP reservation also known as LAN static IP
- Port range selection
- MAC address filtering
- Multiple Portals supported within one mobile app
In the next week, we will be releasing:
- Single SSID (advanced band steering): Many of you have requested using a single network name (SSID) within your homes. Next week we will be enabling this ability along with other highly requested updates (UPnP, DLNA server, HTTPS support).
And the following week, we will be releasing:
- Mesh 2.0: Portal is the first router being built with next generation Mesh 2.0 for larger and multi-story homes, operating on exclusive uncrowded FastLane channels and dynamically optimizes itself. This is a complicated technology unlike any other current mesh solutions today. It has taken us extra time, but we wanted to make sure we got it right.
We deeply appreciate all your support and have heard amazing stories from you of how the Portal has changed your connected lifestyle; thank you! :)
We are excited to have our backers be part of the Portal journey! You can stay tuned by following the feature link with even more cool features that are coming soon.
Thank you for your support and Happy Holidays!
the Portal Team.